Thread: Charge Tower (Name is up for debate) - New Defence

Charge Tower (Name is up for debate) - New Defence

This new defence would be unlocked at TH 13, or 14 when it comes out. (Maybe lower due to its ability to kill Electro Dragons as they are very powerful at lower town halls). This defence would send out surges of energy like a Tesla tower, but it would be charged by taking damage. The tower would naturally charge over time and send out surges every ~3 seconds (changes over upgrades). It would fully unload the charge every time it shoots, doing more damage the more charged it is. It would take 30-60 seconds (unsure of what will be overpowered) for it to fully charge if it had no targets within range.

The Charge Tower’s special ability is that any electric attacks put into it would charge it 4x. Therefore, Electro Dragons and Super Wizards would charge it faster. This defences main job is to take out tanks and is an Electro Dragon assassin.

I am unsure of what the formula for damage to charge, but it should be 1/4 or 1/2 in my opinion. It could also charge more effectively as the level increases. It has a max charge damage of 4500 damage throughout all levels.

It would have 4 levels with charge speed and maybe charge effectiveness increasing each time as well as health for the tower itself. The health of the tower would have to be fairly high to make it effective to return damage.

The goal of this tower would be to take out tanks, the catch is that it has to be hit hard to do more damage, so a golem hitting it wouldn’t charge it very much so it wouldn’t do very much damage to the golem. If there was a golem and some hogs with it, it would charge faster and therefore hit harder.

Visuals:
    It would have receptors to take in the damage done to it and it would charge up (similar to an Electro Dragon) and send out a bolt of lightning. The more charge it has, the larger the bolt of lightning. It would look similar to a mega Tesla.

I know that this idea is rough and the stats may not be perfect, but I hope we can build this idea together in the comments and get some criticism. Unless I find a spelling mistake I will not edit this post, the comments will build onto it. It would also be great if someone thought of a more exciting name. Like maybe Kinetic Tower. Something about sending the damage back. Charge Tower describes what it does fairly well though.

Thank you all,
    Eld7

It could also be charged by lightning spells, therefore you would want to place it near your air defences to try to stop attackers from destroying your air defences with lightning. (This sounds similar to a ruled out idea of a lightning rod, but it would not absorb the damage at all, only charge the weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Eld7 View Post
    It could also be charged by lightning spells, therefore you would want to place it near your air defences to try to stop attackers from destroying your air defences with lightning. (This sounds similar to a ruled out idea of a lightning rod, but it would not absorb the damage at all, only charge the weapon).
    The warden could also charge it. I think what he shoots is an electric beam of sorts. (Sorry for spamming comments I’m just thinking of more energy attacks that would charge it faster.)