Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 174

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    .... I am not sure if it is worth the effort explaining it... that is why sometimes it is like there are two camps of people in this forum speaking two different languages.

    One's hit rate REALLY depends on the kind of wars you are playing in. If I get a hit rate of 60% running a 40v40 wars with mixed THs, I get matched with CRAPPY clans with CRAPPY layouts with MANY base choices, with replays to watch before hitting, it means NOTHING compared to a person who get 40% warring CWL C1, because he has little base choice, no replays, good layouts.

    Take my word for it. Those players hitting 50% in C1 CWL will hit at 60+% in normal 2 hit 30v30 wars.
    I have no idea why you felt it necessary to "explain" this obvious fact, which has very little relevance to the discussion.

    Neither I, nor anybody else who has commented, care in the slightest what your hit rate might be in regular wars, unless you are only playing in regular wars against maxed out Th13s (which is very unlikely).

    ALL we have been talking about here is hit rat against maxed Th13s (which is pretty well all you will see in Champs 1).

    Base choice I feel is the most impt factor in hit rate I feel...
    Don't tell me base selection makes me a better player... granted it is one of the most important skill in coc, the fact is some kind of wars have no choice in base selection at all due to one hit format (no rehit) and small wars.
    Of course being good at base selection makes you a better player. Though I have no idea why you thinjk there is any form of war where you have no choice in base selection (unless of course all your clanmates have chosen first, when you are left with whatever they didn't take).

  2. #82
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    Another bad change. I spent so much time working on zap lalo then zap witches, then they made those disappear. Then I watched the latest content and learned blizzard. It took well over a month to become somewhat reliable, and now that is gone too. The message is clear: either become a pro and dedicate yourself day and night to mastering the latest strategy to dominate for a couple months until it gets nerfed, then start again, or else just join the rest of the masses that don't watch youtube, don't follow the pro side, and spam the same edrag or yeti-smash army that they've used for the past 2 years straight and be happy with the consistent 75% 2 star.
    I stuck to my Sgiant comp because I fully expect the swiz to be nerfed... like you said, I don't want to learn something then have SC nerf it. My previous Sgiant comp involves zap quake which took me a few weeks to change it to other spells....

    I already posted in December saying if SC is going to nerf swiz, they should do it in December before the holidays. it was kind of obvious some nerf was coming

  3. #83
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I have no idea why you felt it necessary to "explain" this obvious fact, which has very little relevance to the discussion.

    Neither I, nor anybody else who has commented, care in the slightest what your hit rate might be in regular wars, unless you are only playing in regular wars against maxed out Th13s (which is very unlikely).

    ALL we have been talking about here is hit rat against maxed Th13s (which is pretty well all you will see in Champs 1).
    ??? I give up. Did you even read what you yourself posted? Let me quote you again. I was trying to "disprove" your "indisputable fact" which incidentally is totally false. Bottomline, is a hit rate is only comparable when taken in context. I spend my time explaining to you and you just totally forgot what you wrote.

    And if you don't understand why this discussion is pertinent to this thread, it is because a LOT of people here quote the C1 CWL hit rate for reference in balance discussion without fully understanding the concept of hit rate. They use the sub 50% hit rate as evidence that offense if not op without understanding how hit rate is dependent on many other factors (like tanking clans, base choices, one hit format, etc).

    Ajax wrote:
    "Of course it does.

    Not sure what point you are making here? Nobody is saying that you are necessarily better at any given part (such as execution), they are saying that if you are getting a hit rate against max bases which is noticeably better than the average hit rate in Champs 1, then you are better overall than the average champs 1 player.

    And that is pretty well indisputable"
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 15th, 2021 at 09:46 AM.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    ??? I give up. Did you even read what you yourself posted? Let me quote you again. I was trying to "disprove" your "indisputable fact" which incidentally is totally false. Bottomline, is a hit rate is only comparable when taken in context. I spend my time explaining to you and you just totally forgot what you wrote.

    Ajax wrote:
    "Of course it does.

    Not sure what point you are making here? Nobody is saying that you are necessarily better at any given part (such as execution), they are saying that if you are getting a hit rate against max bases which is noticeably better than the average hit rate in Champs 1, then you are better overall than the average champs 1 player.

    And that is pretty well indisputable"
    I really don't understand what you are arguing here.

    You are trying to prove something that is totally separate to the discussion that has been ongoing, and which nobody would dispute.

    Of course hit rate is dependent on context.

    But the context throughout the discussion has been single hit on maxed (or near-maxed) TH13. Which means CWL Champions league or high LL.

    Telling us the hit rate is different in regular wars is irrelevant, because that is not what has been under discussion.

    Now if what you are actually saying is that you have a 50% hit rate against TH13 in regular wars, then we have been talking at cross purposes all along. Regular wars are totally different, with a two hit format and weight based matching. And anything below LL is also totally different, being able to next as much as you like to choose a suitable base.

  5. #85
    So do we think that blizzard will become not worth the cost after the nerf? Or will it just require an extra invisibility spell to reap similar levels of damage? Will be interesting to see
    whatever

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    Errr... read your post again. you did. you automatically brought up the champ1 hit rate everytime a discussion on hit rate comes up and assumed anyone with a hit rate higher than the champ1 average hit rate is a better player than Champ1 CWL players....

    Even if my hit rate is on maxed bases, it does not mean I am a better player than Champ 1 CWL players. There are sooo many factors involved in hit rate and offense skill, execution, is just one part.

    My original point was to illustrate that there are MANY strats on can learn at TH13 that enables one to have a decent hit rate and don't feel fustrated.

    Suicide/aq charge + anything (witches, lalo, hybrid), Pekka smash, drag bat, edrag freeze, Sgiant smash, etc
    Err, no, I didn’t. I often bring up the CWL Champs1 3 star rate because it offers us a baseline to compare one season to the next. I’ve explained that before, which you must know, given you suggest here you’ve read all my posts to know what I say “every time.”

    I didn’t simply say what you claim about “better” either. You just are making things up in order to argue them. You’re either adding to or taking away from what was actually meant in order to argue. Again, if your 3 star rate is 50% against max th13s, congrats, you’re very good. Even if they have been scouted in war, that’s still really good. Now, if they are less than max or have terrible designs, then 50% isn’t hard to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    .... I am not sure if it is worth the effort explaining it... that is why sometimes it is like there are two camps of people in this forum speaking two different languages.

    One's hit rate REALLY depends on the kind of wars you are playing in. If I get a hit rate of 60% running a 40v40 wars with mixed THs, I get matched with CRAPPY clans with CRAPPY layouts with MANY base choices, with replays to watch before hitting, it means NOTHING compared to a person who get 40% warring CWL C1, because he has little base choice, no replays, good layouts.

    Take my word for it. Those players hitting 50% in C1 CWL will hit at 60+% in normal 2 hit 30v30 wars.

    Base choice I feel is the most impt factor in hit rate I feel...
    Don't tell me base selection makes me a better player... granted it is one of the most important skill in coc, the fact is some kind of wars have no choice in base selection at all due to one hit format (no rehit) and small wars.
    You’re saying this as though I disagree, but I don’t know why.

    Is all of this you’ve been saying just your way to try to clarify your 50% hit rate that YOU brought up about yourself was in reference to classic wars where the base is scouted, often has a bad design and/or isn’t maxed? If yes, why not just say so? When I complimented you on it, you could have just pointed out what your 50% was that you referred to and why it really isn’t all that good. Or you could have just said “thanks” for the compliment too, that was another option.
    Last edited by 2222; January 15th, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  7. #87
    Adjust warden priority - reduce him going to th. I've never been able to get my warden to follow a seige machine ever. How has anyone else ever done this?

  8. #88
    Senior Member CzarH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    285
    Is the GW priority being adjusted to follow blimp or to not follow blimp? Mine doesn't follow blimp anyway in a drag bat attack
    Last edited by CzarH; January 15th, 2021 at 02:22 PM.

  9. #89
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1
    Supercell thinks all the players play like Klaus, Gaku and Stars !!!

  10. #90
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    526
    I wouldn't have known about the super wiz if I hadn't joined a random clan for CWL. Turned out it was in a clan group. One of their best players joined and challenged my bases. I'm maxed out and didn't think my homemade bases were to bad but he rolled them all. Only 1 did it take a second attack. I messed with the attack a few days and showed replays in my home clan. We all knew it wouldn't last so only one other member bothered trying it.

    Personally I just wish we had more defensive options. I miss the days when infernos were immune to healing! Not a single defense on the map that concerns me when attacking, the only variable is what's in the CC, and many times I don't even pay attention to that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •