Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Centennial Club
    I am very curious. Although I mentioned that sarch needs a buff desperately many times, what does SC expect the +10 hp to do?? I mean it is good to do small steps but a +2% in HP? It is like doing nothing. It will take like 5 balancing changes and 1.5 years later to get +10%hp,

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    I am very curious. Although I mentioned that sarch needs a buff desperately many times, what does SC expect the +10 hp to do?? I mean it is good to do small steps but a +2% in HP? It is like doing nothing. It will take like 5 balancing changes and 1.5 years later to get +10%hp,
    It will depend on what is shooting at them. For some defenses, if it means an extra shot, it could make a big difference. I agree they are pretty weak to begin with, though.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by xAlterion View Post
    It feels like the only acceptable and decently reliable 3 star strat that can be used is hybrid and lalo. Anything else that appears and becomes dominant will immediately be nerfed. New zap allowed other strategies to be used, nerfed few weeks later. Super wizard allowed strategies like barch to come back, gets nerfed. Doesn't seem like there's a point in learning any strategies besides hybrid and lalo as everything else will all eventually get nerfed.
    that is why I never boosted the swiz even once... it is kind of obvious it is op right from the start...

... I use Sgiants 8 healers in my comp for like 6 months... My hit rate is around 50%... SC did not nerfed giants, in fact they gave me an extra level...

that is why I never boosted the swiz even once... it is kind of obvious it is op right from the start...

... I use Sgiants 8 healers in my comp for like 6 months... My hit rate is around 50%... SC did not nerfed giants, in fact they gave me an extra level...
    If you 3 star max th13s 50% of the time, you are very good. Congrats. That puts you better than average in Champs1 and those are a small percentage of the players.

I've found base design to be a huge factor (as usual). There are certain base designs where you can almost spam an army with superwiz (like with golems or supergiants with them) and they just power through and have so much left at the end you think, wow, that is WAY OP. Then you face a different design with the same army and can't get close to 3 stars.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If you 3 star max th13s 50% of the time, you are very good. Congrats. That puts you better than average in Champs1 and those are a small percentage of the players.

I've found base design to be a huge factor (as usual). There are certain base designs where you can almost spam an army with superwiz (like with golems or supergiants with them) and they just power through and have so much left at the end you think, wow, that is WAY OP. Then you face a different design with the same army and can't get close to 3 stars.
    hit rate is dependent on TWO things. your offsense skill and the bases you are hitting. Why do people keep arriving on conclusions that are not justified. a person hitting 50% in masters 3 is not the same as 50% in champ 1. it is not even close.

same for legends... the bases you see at different cup level is pretty different...

Just because champ1 average is lower than 50% does not mean much. As I said, if you are not in champ1 hitting good bases and has a lower hit rate, you are lower in the offense skill ladder than you think. Especially if you face non maxed bases in a 30 or bigger war with plenty of base choices

hit rate is dependent on TWO things. your offsense skill and the bases you are hitting. Why do people keep arriving on conclusions that are not justified. a person hitting 50% in masters 3 is not the same as 50% in champ 1. it is not even close.

same for legends... the bases you see at different cup level is pretty different...

Just because champ1 average is lower than 50% does not mean much. As I said, if you are not in champ1 hitting good bases and has a lower hit rate, you are lower in the offense skill ladder than you think. Especially if you face non maxed bases in a 30 or bigger war with plenty of base choices
    I didn't say they were the same thing. Why do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm also struggling to understand what your post has to do with what I said, which is that your 50% hit rate makes you very good. Unless, of course, you are saying your 50% hit rate is against less than max bases or bad designs, which would make me wonder why you referenced it at all? My own 3 star rate in the last CWL was over 50%, but I would not reference that in a balance discussion as it intentionally was not against all max bases and often was also intentionally against a weak design.
    Last edited by 2222; January 14th, 2021 at 11:25 PM.

Centennial Club
    I didn't say they were the same thing. Why do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm also struggling to understand what your post has to do with what I said, which is that your 50% hit rate makes you very good. Unless, of course, you are saying your 50% hit rate is against less than max bases or bad designs, which would make me wonder why you referenced it at all? My own 3 star rate in the last CWL was over 50%, but I would not reference that in a balance discussion as it intentionally was not against all max bases and often was also intentionally against a weak design.
    Errr... read your post again. you did. you automatically brought up the champ1 hit rate everytime a discussion on hit rate comes up and assumed anyone with a hit rate higher than the champ1 average hit rate is a better player than Champ1 CWL players....

Even if my hit rate is on maxed bases, it does not mean I am a better player than Champ 1 CWL players. There are sooo many factors involved in hit rate and offense skill, execution, is just one part.

My original point was to illustrate that there are MANY strats on can learn at TH13 that enables one to have a decent hit rate and don't feel fustrated.

Suicide/aq charge + anything (witches, lalo, hybrid), Pekka smash, drag bat, edrag freeze, Sgiant smash, etc

Centennial Club
    It will depend on what is shooting at them. For some defenses, if it means an extra shot, it could make a big difference. I agree they are pretty weak to begin with, though.
    ... unless you are talking about surviving GB, TH death, scatter or mortar, anything else won't make any difference.

The +10 hp looks almost like a typo... Is it like +100hp??? That is more in line with what I think SC should do.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #69
    Errr... read your post again. you did. you automatically brought up the champ1 hit rate everytime a discussion on hit rate comes up and assumed anyone with a hit rate higher than the champ1 average hit rate is a better player than Champ1 CWL players....

Even if my hit rate is on maxed bases, it does not mean I am a better player than Champ 1 CWL players.
    Of course it does.

There are sooo many factors involved in hit rate and offense skill, execution, is just one part.
    Not sure what point you are making here? Nobody is saying that you are necessarily better at any given part (such as execution), they are saying that if you are getting a hit rate against max bases which is noticeably better than the average hit rate in Champs 1, then you are better overall than the average champs 1 player.

And that is pretty well indisputable.

My original point was to illustrate that there are MANY strats on can learn at TH13 that enables one to have a decent hit rate and don't feel fustrated.

Suicide/aq charge + anything (witches, lalo, hybrid), Pekka smash, drag bat, edrag freeze, Sgiant smash, etc
    That is what makes TH13 so good. The fact that there are many good strategies.

But it doesn't in the slightest alter the fact that if one strategy was so strong as to be "broken", then the hit rate would have gone up to way over 50% in Champs 1, and it would be used for most attacks.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    If by "top" you mean the Champs1 division of CWL, which is a small % of the player base, their 3 star rate went from 38% in December to 43% in January's CWL.

If the meta shifts such that one type of attack is used "too much" (subjective, I know) they tend to nerf it.
    For these reasons only i am glad to see the superwiz nerf. I have been shivering under an avalanche of blizards, and all in the middle of the Australian summer
    Clan for drop-in TH13 FCs clan EU, #P2LLRJ22

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ24