Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by xAlterion View Post
    But should we only focus on the 3 star hit rate? What about variety? For once I got excited watching the CWL or other tournaments and get to see a wide variety of strategies being used. Its been a long time since I felt all giddy after seeing Klaus destroy a max th13 with barch and blizzard. But super cells decisions for the past few update shows that we should just stick to the same old strategies that we've been using for years (queen walk/charge hybrid/lalo and dragbat or yeti smash). The only new strategy that has been maintained is super witch.

Super wizard is going to be placed into the back burner just like super valks where nobody will use it unless they want to just experiment for fun. Super cell shouldnt even bother making new troops, if its good, it will get nerfed to the ground. If it sucks, people just wont use it. Let's just keep using the same strats we've been using for years. I'm so done with this game.
    Even if you take out the blizzard attacks, th13 still has the most variety out of all the previous town halls. I would wait to see how the nerf affects the wizards before discarding them.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    The data tells a different story. The last 3 major updates made the game easier if you look at the 3 star hitrates at champs 1.

December 2019: 23.6% (th13 introduced)
    January 2020: 32.0%
    February 2020: 29.9%
    March 2020: 26.3% (2nd major update)
    April 2020: 23.8%
    May 2020: 23.5%
    June 2020: 23.7% (3rd major update)
    July 2020: 26.4%
    August 2020: 26.6%
    September 2020: 27.4%
    October 2020: 28.7% (4th major update)
    November 2020: 37.5%
    December 2020: 38.5% (5th major update)
    January 2021: 42.86%

The month after the last 3 updates we saw an increase in the hitrates, so if anything supercell is catering more to its average players over the pros.

Now give the stats about TH12 so everyone can see the huge huge difference. It's not even a challenge.
    TH13 for it's whole duration has been pretty much a joke with Offense being so much ahead of Defense.
    The biggest factor for this is that Heroes are way too strong and got way much increase in power. Having OP spells and troops supporting them doesn't help either.
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; January 17th, 2021 at 07:58 AM.

Centennial Club
    But should we only focus on the 3 star hit rate? What about variety? For once I got excited watching the CWL or other tournaments and get to see a wide variety of strategies being used. Its been a long time since I felt all giddy after seeing Klaus destroy a max th13 with barch and blizzard. But super cells decisions for the past few update shows that we should just stick to the same old strategies that we've been using for years (queen walk/charge hybrid/lalo and dragbat or yeti smash). The only new strategy that has been maintained is super witch.

Super wizard is going to be placed into the back burner just like super valks where nobody will use it unless they want to just experiment for fun. Super cell shouldnt even bother making new troops, if its good, it will get nerfed to the ground. If it sucks, people just wont use it. Let's just keep using the same strats we've been using for years. I'm so done with this game.
    So what new strat did u think up of? I mostly use original strats because i am not good at aq charge

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Now give the stats about TH12 so everyone can see the huge huge difference. It's not even a challenge.
    Why?

We all know it was harder then. So TH13 is better than TH12. We don't need those statistics publishing to know that.

TH13 for it's whole duration has been pretty much a joke with Offense being so much ahead of Defense.
    That ridiculous statement is the "joke".

Only for the absolute elite is it remotely true. Even the latest figures there, which are maybe a bit high, you are still seeing less than 50% triple rate in Champs 1.

For most of TH13 it has been less than 30% at that level, which is too low.

Ideally, at that level, the triple rate should be somewhere in the mid 30s. That way the average rate for more normal players might get up to around 10-15%.

The biggest factor for this is that Heroes are way too strong and got way much increase in power. Having OP spells and troops supporting them doesn't help either.
    There isn't really a "biggest factor" because your basic premise is just wrong. I would expect this nerf to push the rate back down to high 30s, which is just fine IMO.
    Last edited by Ajax; January 17th, 2021 at 02:57 PM.

Overly exaggerated.

I agree that a nerf to super wiz was needed. I’m still frustrated. I spent so much time playing to get Blizzard down. I spent time showing my clan mates. I spent time coaching my clan on how to adjust their bases for defense. I’ll wait for the update for final judgement but my guess is this will really hurt the attack and I’ll be back to the same old thing. My frustration is 20%. I’m not an expert but that seems huge. Why was it so off on release? All the time spent and 20%? I haven’t been as engaged in the game in a couple of years and that was because of the super wiz. And now to see all that time was a waste. Sigh. Here’s to hoping super wiz still works and I don’t just have another super troop I never use while my de overflows.

The clans in Masters1 averaging a three star rate against my clan of about 15% for several months now probably disagree with you.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefillini View Post
    I agree that a nerf to super wiz was needed. I’m still frustrated. I spent so much time playing to get Blizzard down. I spent time showing my clan mates ... I haven’t been as engaged in the game in a couple of years and that was because of the super wiz. And now to see all that time was a waste.
    I agree. And zap was the same story. SC has two options: (1) is to continue the recent trend of releasing OP stuff and letting people learn it for a few months to increase engagement, then pull the rug, or (2) go back to putting more effort into evaluating balance before releasing changes and make nerfs / buffs more minor as they historically have been. I think (1) comes off as a gimmick that will DECREASE engagement in the long run due to the frustration factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    So what new strat did u think up of? I mostly use original strats because i am not good at aq charge
    I don't come up with them myself but I have seen so many new strategies on youtube. People were doing avalanche with the ice wizard normal wizard and super wizard. Klaus did 100 barch. I spent days practicing strategies and adjusting troop and spell comp to finally find one that fit my play style (super wizard avalanche) for me to be able to 3 star. With this nerf, its back to practicing lalo again. Im in 5500-5600 legend league and literally every time I get tripled, its only hybrid or lalo. People keep saying super wizard is op yet every time someone uses it on my base, they get 2 star or even 1 star.

I don't come up with them myself but I have seen so many new strategies on youtube. People were doing avalanche with the ice wizard normal wizard and super wizard. Klaus did 100 barch. I spent days practicing strategies and adjusting troop and spell comp to finally find one that fit my play style (super wizard avalanche) for me to be able to 3 star. With this nerf, its back to practicing lalo again. Im in 5500-5600 legend league and literally every time I get tripled, its only hybrid or lalo. People keep saying super wizard is op yet every time someone uses it on my base, they get 2 star or even 1 star.
    The trouble with the "super wizard is op" statement is that they appear very OP against certain designs. I use them on one of my accounts and there are designs where it looks like the troop is just stupid strong when paired with supergiants or golem and 8 quakes or 4 quakes and a jump. However, against other designs I'm getting low percentage 2 stars with it. Your base design is probably one of those.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.