Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Sure super wiz probably needed this nerf but how about thoughts on a nerf to super minions defensive wise...those can single handedly ruin an attack and many people I run into have been using them. this is especially true for queen walks and you have to invest way too much to handle them..
    Last edited by Tigersxc22; January 19th, 2021 at 01:16 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xAlterion View Post
    When would we expect nerfs to lalo and hybrid then? Every competitive play or CWL at champs 1, I see pros use hybrid or lalo for the almost guaranteed 3 star. At 5500+ legend league, vast majority of players use hybrid and lalo. These two strategies has been the most dominant strategy from as far as I remember, the past 2 years. Even though super wizards are "supposedly OP" at the current patch, why are the dominant attacks still hybrid and lalo at the higher level?

Furthermore, when do we account for the fact that its simply because the troop is new and good (not OP) and easy to use? The biggest reason why lalo and hybrid is not popular amongst the "less skilled" players (hence reducing its use rate) is because of its difficulty in application. But if the only viable strategies are these two, players will all eventually learn this strategy, leading to increased usage and 3 star rate, and resulting in, once again, a nerf.

I would argue that the real reason behind the nerfs is actually difficulty in using the troop composition. If its difficult to use but once mastered its high chance of 3 star, its permittable. But if its decent and easy to use with okay 3 star rate (against bad bases), then its considered op.

If the competitive players were all spamming blizzard, I would agree with you that its outright op. But when competitive players are not using it, and when it is used it results in a 2 star (with the exception of Klaus who is a god), I don't see the correlation. But of course, you have the data and I don't. Simply put, in my experience playing the game and watching competitive play, I do not see this super strong troop. I see a troop that counters a base design that is meant to counter queen charge which has been the most dominant attack strategy for years. And players refuse to accept that maybe you can't have a design that counters both.

But it doesn't matter at the end of the day, I will get bored of this game soon when I have to continue to use hybrid and lalo for the millionth time for the past few years.
    .... you should read your own post again. You are actually saying what Darian is saying....

SC balance based on success rates of MANY MANY attacks. Hybrid/QC Lalo like you said is hard to execute. That is why the success rates is not high and will not be nerfed..... isn't that exactly what Darian is saying?

Honestly, current th13 has a BUNCH of 3 star strats... even Barch.... it is really ridiculous complaining that hybrid and lalo are the only viable strat... I have never seen the top TH level have sooo many different strats.

Sgiants
    Pekka smash
    AQ charge hybrid,lalo
    suicide heros, zap quake + anything
    Edrag freeze
    Dragbat
    Log yeti bat.
    Barch (I have seen my clan mate triple... it is pretty op on the right base)

When this balance changes going to happen ? Any idea

2 points from me :

1. Yes superwizz is too strong with his chain damage, I'm a Lavaloon user with total 2 ids in Legend League, and with a blimp superwizz its really help me a lot to replace Lightning strategy from the previous season. If you see many videos share on youtube, also my channel replay for Legend League base (don't mean for promotion), the point is when superwizz successful landing on the core part defence like TH, Eagle, Scatter or Inferno everything look will really good for a handle. Or it will be failed if the Blimp did not land as we planned.

So The conclusion is: Nerf superwizz chain is a good option, but however The offence is too strong from the defence. And I would love with an additional trap for TH13 & Th12 especially for air bomb or air trap because the dragon is very popular for the tournament

2. I know this already mention in another thread, but they're still no update info in the game until today
    It's very simple if log launcher has a lifetime, please just update in the game siege machine info
    Why? because so many players and my clan mates keep trying this machine but didn't know about the lifetime. Until I told them, and pay attention about that. Mostly old player clash is not updated with the new update, so I hope the clash team really provide a good and balance information in the game
    because this tread about update discussion, I think for log launcher info will be updated with next MT

Thank you
    Last edited by ChiefWie; January 19th, 2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Visit my Youtube Channel : Bhinneka Gaming
    IGN : Kokochi - TH13 Max
    Clan Sam Kok Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    .... you should read your own post again. You are actually saying what Darian is saying....

SC balance based on success rates of MANY MANY attacks. Hybrid/QC Lalo like you said is hard to execute. That is why the success rates is not high and will not be nerfed..... isn't that exactly what Darian is saying?

Honestly, current th13 has a BUNCH of 3 star strats... even Barch.... it is really ridiculous complaining that hybrid and lalo are the only viable strat... I have never seen the top TH level have sooo many different strats.

Sgiants
    Pekka smash
    AQ charge hybrid,lalo
    suicide heros, zap quake + anything
    Edrag freeze
    Dragbat
    Log yeti bat.
    Barch (I have seen my clan mate triple... it is pretty op on the right base)
    But he also said he is not seeing superwiz dominating competitive play. Why is that? Probably due to base design. As I noted before, there are certain designs where superwiz will just power through and they look really OP. That causes players to complain that their base was smashed with an easy mass attack. They may even change their design to another they have with the same flaws and it gets smashed in legends or war again the next day. If they happen upon one of the designs that is spread out and not so susceptible to what they think is an OP attack, they might start seeing a bunch of low % two stars and change their opinion. Those designs may make the base easier to 3 star with some other more skilled attacks, but that isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    But he also said he is not seeing superwiz dominating competitive play. Why is that?
    Because he based his arguments on only a single competitive event, the ESL Meisterschaft Semifinals and Finals, which took place last weekend.

And admittedly there was a surprisingly low amount of SW-based attacks. However, there are much more tournaments than only the official ESL ones. And the SWs are usually quite common in those.

His claim that none of the Blizzard attacks at the Meisterschaft tripled is also straight up false.
    There were 8 attacks that included the Blizzard, 7 of them were triples, the only fail being a 95%. And even if you only look at the finals (Atn vs Inq) it's still 3/4.

Given that he already spread misinformation in that regard I would take his other statements with a grain of salt.
    I'd trust SCs data more than the individual experience of one person, who is probably biased in that matter, as he mentioned to push with SWs in Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    Because he based his arguments on only a single competitive event, the ESL Meisterschaft Semifinals and Finals, which took place last weekend.

And admittedly there was a surprisingly low amount of SW-based attacks. However, there are much more tournaments than only the official ESL ones. And the SWs are usually quite common in those.

His claim that none of the Blizzard attacks at the Meisterschaft tripled is also straight up false.
    There were 8 attacks that included the Blizzard, 7 of them were triples, the only fail being a 95%. And even if you only look at the finals (Atn vs Inq) it's still 3/4.

Given that he already spread misinformation in that regard I would take his other statements with a grain of salt.
    I'd trust SCs data more than the individual experience of one person, who is probably biased in that matter, as he mentioned to push with SWs in Legends.
    I can speak to my own experience, which is an admittedly very small sample size with just three legends accounts. Below 5400 in legends I roll through poorly designed compact bases. Then when I have a very good day, I get boosted up a bit and suddenly above 5500 people have bases that are very hard to 3 star with superwiz paired with supergiants or golems. Suddenly the attack that appeared OP the day before no longer looks OP at all. In fact, it seems to do worse than my usual hybrid or warden walk into yeti smash.

In my own clan another legends player had I think 7 3 stars out of 8 if I remember correctly a week or so ago one day. We were cheering him on hoping he'd hit a perfect day. I had just attacked a base in legends for a low % 2 star with the same army he uses and posted my replay, asking how he goes about hitting that type of base. His response? I was lucky that I didn't see any like that today as I never 3 star those.

The decision has been made so the debate is less fun now, and I'm not even sure superwiz weren't a bit too strong, but I am sure they were not nearly as OP as many claim them to be in large part because many of those people are basing their opinion on seeing them hit bases that are not designed to counter the new popular attack.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    But he also said he is not seeing superwiz dominating competitive play. Why is that? Probably due to base design. As I noted before, there are certain designs where superwiz will just power through and they look really OP. That causes players to complain that their base was smashed with an easy mass attack. They may even change their design to another they have with the same flaws and it gets smashed in legends or war again the next day. If they happen upon one of the designs that is spread out and not so susceptible to what they think is an OP attack, they might start seeing a bunch of low % two stars and change their opinion. Those designs may make the base easier to 3 star with some other more skilled attacks, but that isn't a bad thing in my opinion.
    ... my guess is the reason why swiz blimp is unpopular at highest competition level is that the best players has more reliable strats they can use, vs the mass of data SC uses.

To the masses, swiz blimp is worth the tradeoff as they don't care about that occasional 1 star

Is the upcoming maintenance break is for balance changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    Is the upcoming maintenance break is for balance changes
    I'd say it is ...