Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clan Question: War Bases

I mean, it seems pretty clear to me it’s considered coaching, but what do I know, I guess.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH13 - LOJY8UUP9

The way I read the TOS section 10.3 pulls in any additional policies and should be considered part of the terms of service. In that case it would seem that the actual detail of the ToS actually contradict each other, so saying that "Yes, selling base layouts is against the ToS" is equally as true as saying "No, selling base layouts is not against the ToS".
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If SC decides that base building falls under the umbrella of coaching, who are you to argue that it is stretching the definition of what they call coaching?
    I never suggested it is stretching the definition of "what they call" coaching.

I said that it is stretching the definition of the word in general. Which it is.

You don't "coach" somebody how to cook a good sauce by selling them a bottle of it they just have to drop into a pan. Coaching is about teaching people how to do something themselves, not about handing it to them on a plate.

If they want to consider the latter to be coaching, they can of course do so, but it is not using the word as normally understood.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    The way I read the TOS section 10.3 pulls in any additional policies and should be considered part of the terms of service. In that case it would seem that the actual detail of the ToS actually contradict each other, so saying that "Yes, selling base layouts is against the ToS" is equally as true as saying "No, selling base layouts is not against the ToS".
    Indeed. That is why I say one or the other should be changed. The two parts should be consistent, and they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I never suggested it is stretching the definition of "what they call" coaching.

I said that it is stretching the definition of the word in general. Which it is.

You don't "coach" somebody how to cook a good sauce by selling them a bottle of it they just have to drop into a pan. Coaching is about teaching people how to do something themselves, not about handing it to them on a plate.

If they want to consider the latter to be coaching, they can of course do so, but it is not using the word as normally understood.
    Better tell all those professional coaches to stop making playbooks, can't just hand it to the players since it's not really coaching.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Better tell all those professional coaches to stop making playbooks, can't just hand it to the players since it's not really coaching.
    Anyone who actually coaches will tell you that they don't "just hand it to the players" with that being the end of it.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Anyone who actually coaches will tell you that they don't "just hand it to the players" with that being the end of it.
    No they don't, but the player learns from it, after time they get to understand the how's and why's. Good chance if they are dedicated enough it's used as a learning tool eventually leading to a person getting skilled enough to build their own play book ie: self made bases.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

No they don't, but the player learns from it, after time they get to understand the how's and why's. Good chance if they are dedicated enough it's used as a learning tool eventually leading to a person getting skilled enough to build their own play book ie: self made bases.
    And a Clash player might learn about base building if a professional base builder talks to them about it, gives them tips and explanations, etc., like if they coach them. On the other hand, if I just pay to buy a design, I haven’t been coached. Fortunately for those professional base builders, though, SC says they will allow it just the same.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    Absolutely it isn't.

But then I don't know of any coach who would "just hand it to the players".