Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Top wished in 2021

My wish is that they would reduce CWL from 7 days to 5 days. Most people in clan are burned out by day 6. Not to mention for those who take CWL seriously, itís hard to block off time in day to manage wars, plan attacks for 7 days straight.

Crab Claw
    ^^^ seconded.

5 day CWL's

And when doing fc being able to select troops/heroes/cc troops regardless of whether there's cc troops or if heroes are upgrading...if that makes sense.

More frequent events/chance to earn magic items!

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar612 View Post
    My wish is that they would reduce CWL from 7 days to 5 days. Most people in clan are burned out by day 6. Not to mention for those who take CWL seriously, it’s hard to block off time in day to manage wars, plan attacks for 7 days straight.
    I third this^^^^^

My wish is that they would reduce CWL from 7 days to 5 days. Most people in clan are burned out by day 6. Not to mention for those who take CWL seriously, it’s hard to block off time in day to manage wars, plan attacks for 7 days straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    ^^^ seconded.

5 day CWL's
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I third this^^^^^
    How many guys in your clan are in legends?
    Thats 8 war attacks per day, every day..
    CWL is 1 attack per day for 7 days.. I like it just the way it is.

We just got smashed for 6 days straight.. yet with a win on day 7, we still have enough stars on the board to not finish in bottom 2.
    A league needs to be played out over several rounds in order to achieve its intended purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

We just got smashed for 6 days straight.. yet with a win on day 7, we still have enough stars on the board to not finish in bottom 2.
    A league needs to be played out over several rounds in order to achieve its intended purpose.
    30v30 m3. My main account is in Legends. Second farms lower. Probably 14 attacks per day between the two. Plus 2 war attacks. Plus help filling ccs. Plus coordinating the wars. Making sure everyone gets 8 stars. It gets to be a grind towards the end. I do have a good leadership team to spread the load but would not mind shorter cwl. There is a reason we only war twice a week with regular spins. We prefer more relaxed pace.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Champion

A few but not many. 3-4 maybe? Considering that LL players make up an extremely small percentage of all players I don’t see how it really pertains. I was just speaking for myself though, obviously. I have Clanmates who would be happy to do CWL three out of four weeks a month. I used to fit that category as well. Now, it just seems like a bit too much for me. I like to give 100% when I’m in CWL and after 4-5 days of doing so I start to feel a bit burnt out.

edit: I’d also add that, if you are in LL but not actively pushing, just playing, you are not doing anything that resembles a war attack. I managed to stay around 5200 spamming eddies. If you can get in 8 hits a day and manage at least a single star or two per attack, you will have no problem staying in LL. Also, when I’m in CWL, I call my base early. I spend time planning and doing FCs to prepare. I realize not everyone needs a few hours to properly plan an attack but I do and it has definitely benefited my play. Especially the FCs.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; January 9th, 2021 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    30v30 m3. My main account is in Legends. Second farms lower. Probably 14 attacks per day between the two. Plus 2 war attacks. Plus help filling ccs. Plus coordinating the wars. Making sure everyone gets 8 stars. It gets to be a grind towards the end. I do have a good leadership team to spread the load but would not mind shorter cwl. There is a reason we only war twice a week with regular spins. We prefer more relaxed pace.
    Hectic work load mate..
    But the usual reply is quite fitting..
    Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.. Except themselves.

Getting people to do most anything correctly within our clan is usually a chore..
    I spend half of cwl week wondering why I even bother.. I did walk away for almost a year once..
    But it is what we do..

I have a fancy for Legends myself one day.. Once the main base maxes..
    But I think it will be instead of everything else, not as well as.

Even if you do regular wars back to back, you would still get breaks in between. Grinding 7 days straight of wars is just a bit over the top. I am personally used to 5 days working week here is US. There is no reason to stretch out CWL to a 7 day event. If your role in CWL is to just show up and you treat your war attack as another Legends attack, then it probably doesnít matter how long CWL goes. But my clan goes through extra preparations for CWL with strong motivation to give it our best.

Hectic work load mate..
    But the usual reply is quite fitting..
    Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.. Except themselves.

Getting people to do most anything correctly within our clan is usually a chore..
    I spend half of cwl week wondering why I even bother.. I did walk away for almost a year once..
    But it is what we do..

I have a fancy for Legends myself one day.. Once the main base maxes..
    But I think it will be instead of everything else, not as well as.
    Honestly, the daily legends and farm attacks are nothing. I do those for fun. They are why I keep playing. I just notice that my clan wears down over the week. For me, it depends on work. I had my Christmas vacation canceled because the government decided granting a proposal deadline extension to allow key personnel to spend a few days with their families was not warranted. Subsequent emails sent to said government contact received an out of office for The holidays message. so my stress level right before cwl started was high. Over any given 7 day period, someone in my clan will have something similar from kids getting sick to work crazy. We like cwl. I just think we'd like it if it were a bit shorter.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #70
    There is no reason to stretch out CWL to a 7 day event.
    There is plenty of reason not to shrink it to less.

Whatever length it is will always be a compromise between it taking too long, and it being too much subject to luck. The more teams in a league, the less effect luck has, and also the more stable the tiers become - currently, in the middle tiers, 50% stay in the same tier, in the highr tiers 62.5% do. With only 6 teams per league, that would be 33% and 50% respectively.

I have seen some people (not many) even asking for CWL to be run twice a month. And some people (also not many) asking as you are, for a shorter CWL.

Supercell can't please everybody, but I think they currently have the compromise about right for the overall game, and for keeping the largest proportion happy.