Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Idea to improve Legend Top Players all being from same person or clan

  1. #1

    Idea to improve Legend Top Players all being from same person or clan

    I have been noticing even back in the Stephanie or DrM days that the top players at the end of every season are all the same person or from the same clan. One other thing I have been noticing is 62% of them are showing as “new” to their clan.

    This tells me that they are simply merging the top players together to get top clan, but also sacrificing some of their names when they go head-to-head to keep trophies up for certain accounts.

    One solution could be that if anyone changes clans during a particular season then would automatically drop off the leaderboard and not be eligible for the gem awards.

    Just a thought to try and make the Legend league and the top player mean something again.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezero View Post
    I have been noticing even back in the Stephanie or DrM days that the top players at the end of every season are all the same person or from the same clan. One other thing I have been noticing is 62% of them are showing as “new” to their clan.

    This tells me that they are simply merging the top players together to get top clan, but also sacrificing some of their names when they go head-to-head to keep trophies up for certain accounts.

    One solution could be that if anyone changes clans during a particular season then would automatically drop off the leaderboard and not be eligible for the gem awards.

    Just a thought to try and make the Legend league and the top player mean something again.
    While it is a solution and I think you're on the right track, it is far too severe. Any change at any time during the season? I'd think SC could find something less severe to address people intentionally matching, creating a clan just for a group to get together at the end (I agree that is not at all what the CLAN award is meant to be), etc.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  3. #3
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,912
    Another solution would be to remove the award for top clans in it’s entirety. Remove the reward and the behaviour will change.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 5th, 2021 at 02:49 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  4. #4
    Millennial Club maximooze007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Another solution would be to remove the award for top clans in it’s entirety. Remove the reward and the behaviour will change.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Another solution would be to remove the award for top clans in it’s entirety. Remove the reward and the behaviour will change.
    TBH their cost was far more than this small reward.

  6. #6
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by DenTang View Post
    TBH their cost was far more than this small reward.
    You are right. Some players will do everything they get top rewards, and that everything includes giving up money or time that is more valuable than the rewards itself. Changing or removing the reward won't necessarily change those people behavior, they will simply go for other rankings or rewards within the game, using the similar tactics/method.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Another solution would be to remove the award for top clans in it’s entirety. Remove the reward and the behaviour will change.
    I very much doubt there is a single player doing it for the reward, so I doubt the behaviour would change.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezero View Post
    I have been noticing even back in the Stephanie or DrM days that the top players at the end of every season are all the same person or from the same clan. One other thing I have been noticing is 62% of them are showing as “new” to their clan.

    This tells me that they are simply merging the top players together to get top clan, but also sacrificing some of their names when they go head-to-head to keep trophies up for certain accounts.

    One solution could be that if anyone changes clans during a particular season then would automatically drop off the leaderboard and not be eligible for the gem awards.

    Just a thought to try and make the Legend league and the top player mean something again.
    I do not feel it is too punitive as a season is only 1 months, so being denied the award for that specific season if you switch clans is a small price. How many people who are legend players jump clans every month? If they do, that is another problem all together. I have been in the same clan since it’s inception several years ago along with most of my clan mate.

  9. #9
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I very much doubt there is a single player doing it for the reward, so I doubt the behaviour would change.
    They may not change but I don’t believe rewarding that behaviour is making any impact in the right direction.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezero View Post
    I do not feel it is too punitive as a season is only 1 months, so being denied the award for that specific season if you switch clans is a small price. How many people who are legend players jump clans every month? If they do, that is another problem all together. I have been in the same clan since it’s inception several years ago along with most of my clan mate.
    So have I, but I think most of the people who are near the top tend to be in clan families, and switch around between clans pretty frequently.

    I don't think this would be particularly punitive, but I also feel it would have almost no effect on the leaderboards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •