Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What’s the deal with limitations of upgrade materials on Newspaper!

What’s the deal with limitations of upgrade materials on Newspaper!

Hi Hay Day!

I would like to know why there’s a limit on the Newspaper to buy Upgrades and once reached the limit, you’re locked for a ridiculous amount of 24 hrs! Some of us work very hard buying diamond package to help us and buying from paper for the upgrades we can grab to buy and now you have a limited amount and then we’re cut off. What are you saving them for the person that plays the game once in a long while and they can grab up buying? What’s up with that. What’s wrong with our buying? You think it’s fair? Well you’re very wrong and it is disheartening to serious players. What do you want to do make it easy for kids to play? I don’t want kids on the game period. They’re not reliable or serious and ruin it for all the others.

We are going through a shortage of items in real life and now you’re passing the anxiety of that onto the Newspaper and not a good move Hay Day! I thrive on those papers because I can’t line your pockets with money in order to buy the diamond amount for example planks for Barn. I can’t do that! Do you realize all the countries are financially hurting and all you think of ways for us to buy diamonds by blocking how much upgrades we buy in newspaper for that isn’t economical to you; you want those diamond purchases for upgrades and you most certainly won’t get that from me.

Lastly shame on you for being greedy. It’ll catch up with you eventually. Ever hear of shooting yourself in the foot? You most certainly have done that.

I hope you think seriously on this! And now you have chicks you need at certain point pay $4.99! You’re greed is really turning me off and I’ve been playing since 2013 but these changes look very poor on you.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniSue View Post

Hi Hay Day!

I would like to know why there’s a limit on the Newspaper to buy Upgrades and once reached the limit, you’re locked for a ridiculous amount of 24 hrs! Some of us work very hard buying diamond package to help us and buying from paper for the upgrades we can grab to buy and now you have a limited amount and then we’re cut off. What are you saving them for the person that plays the game once in a long while and they can grab up buying? What’s up with that. What’s wrong with our buying? You think it’s fair? Well you’re very wrong and it is disheartening to serious players. What do you want to do make it easy for kids to play? I don’t want kids on the game period. They’re not reliable or serious and ruin it for all the others.

We are going through a shortage of items in real life and now you’re passing the anxiety of that onto the Newspaper and not a good move Hay Day! I thrive on those papers because I can’t line your pockets with money in order to buy the diamond amount for example planks for Barn. I can’t do that! Do you realize all the countries are financially hurting and all you think of ways for us to buy diamonds by blocking how much upgrades we buy in newspaper for that isn’t economical to you; you want those diamond purchases for upgrades and you most certainly won’t get that from me.

Lastly shame on you for being greedy. It’ll catch up with you eventually. Ever hear of shooting yourself in the foot? You most certainly have done that.

I hope you think seriously on this! And now you have chicks you need at certain point pay $4.99! You’re greed is really turning me off and I’ve been playing since 2013 but these changes look very poor on you.
    This may answer some of your points: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-Limits-FAQs

The Farm Pass is an optional purchase. It is still possible to progress on a free to play basis. Another well-known forum member has commented that he is grateful to those who do finance the game, and I agree with his point.
    Come join the new unofficial Hay Day forum: https://justhayday.boards.net/

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    I would like to know why there’s a limit on the Newspaper to buy Upgrades and once reached the limit, you’re locked for a ridiculous amount of 24 hrs! Some of us work very hard buying diamond package to help us and buying from paper for the upgrades we can grab to buy and now you have a limited amount and then we’re cut off. What are you saving them for the person that plays the game once in a long while and they can grab up buying? What’s up with that. What’s wrong with our buying? You think it’s fair? Well you’re very wrong and it is disheartening to serious players...
    First of all, welcome back DeniSue to the Hay Day subforum and to the game after a long hiatus. Hay Day implemented the Daily 80 Limit in 2019 for the reason listed in Momscar's extensive FAQ shared by Cowslips.

For those who don't know what bots are and how they affect our game play, here's a FAQ complied by a forumite who has free time on his hands.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11230343

...What do you want to do make it easy for kids to play? I don’t want kids on the game period. They’re not reliable or serious and ruin it for all the others...
    I think Team Hay Day designed and developed their game to be family friendly to earn an E rating from the ESRB so that children of all ages may play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    ...Another well-known forum member has commented that he is grateful to those who do finance the game, and I agree with his point.
    LOL, I don't know how well known he is to fellow forumites, but I remember his words: "Thank you to those who support the game financially in ways I cannot and will not."

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    January 4, 2021
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 5th, 2021 at 02:50 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

There should have been a vote on the Upgrades lock. All neighbors regardless of being on at that time; sometimes you have to take a long break from the game and that’s what I did. You definitely made a decision based on Momscars and Cowsills; 2 gamers ?

Children can play but it should be by a limit rating only. I don’t like seeing little ones infringing on my work on game to ask for things YET THEY CANT HELP those in higher limit numbers for they aren’t even close to making those items. That you have to really reconsider!! Have 2 grades of HayDay children and teens; then HayDays for adults. I shouldn’t adjust my game play especially using diamonds for children’s play.

Also, as stated there should be a vote on the upgrades and the lazy upgrade lock for those that don’t want to be on game. Use All Members to vote and an ending date for voting.

In regards to not playing in 2019 your game was stale and I was needing a break from a stale game. Plus where do you get off putting my personal gaming out there for others to read? Where’s your confidentiality so since you have the stupidity to do that then I’ll tell you why. I almost left altogether for I was disgusted how the game was so boring but you still wanted those diamonds to make game exciting to do same old thing. Now you have a machine that is next to impossible to purchase when working on all other things. That one is beyond ridiculous the Deep Fryer 900,000 coins.

Last edited by Cowslips; January 6th, 2021 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Forum rules

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    There should have been a vote on the Upgrades lock. All neighbors regardless of being on at that time; sometimes you have to take a long break from the game and that’s what I did. You definitely made a decision based on Momscars and Cowsills; 2 gamers ?

children can play but it should be by a limit rating only. I don’t like seeing little ones infringing on my work on game to ask for things YET THEY CANT HELP those in higher limit numbers for they aren’t even close to making those items. That you have to really reconsider!!

Also, as stated there should be a vote on the upgrades and the lazy upgrade lock for those that don’t want to be on game. Use All Members to vote and an ending date for voting.
    I assume by "Cowsills" you mean me?

May I clarify that I had no input into the decision, which was made by Supercell's Hay Day team? Neither did Momscar; she very helpfully spent a lot of time putting together the thread to which I referred you.

Decisions of this nature are made by the Hay Day team. Whilst we can discuss those decisions on the forum - and do - at the end of the day changes are unlikely to be implemented without sound reasons. Team Hay Day makes use of extensive data to assist in taking decisions and deciding in which direction the game should go.

Any form of player voting process will simply not happen. You need only take a look at discussions on various platforms to see that there are many different opinions on all aspects of the game.

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    First of all, I don't know what you meant by "You definitely made a decision based on Momscar and Cowslips"? If you're referring to Supercell, then I must inform you that Supercell's philosophy is to create and develop games played for many years and remembered forever. To accomplish this feat, Supercell grants its game teams like Hay Day the independence to make decisions about their games. No one outside the game team has any authority on what to make and how to make it.

Team Hay Day implemented the controversial daily 80 limit in October 2019 to slow down bot activity and impact the least players as possible. Hay Day Community Manager Nick said Team Hay Day would review the numbers and adjust the limit if necessary. It has been more than a year and I'm speculating Team Hay Day should know by now how many player stopped playing because of the limit. I think if their numbers showed a significant number of players had stopped playing since the limit, they would've increased the limit or abolished it. That the limit remains in place at 80 suggests to me that Team Hay Day made the right decision in 2019. It might have impacted many players, but they adapted by modifying their play styles.

BTW, for those who missed it, here is Clash of Clans Community Manager Darian informing us about Supercell's culture of trust which I'm excerpting for brevity.

"...Like any business conglomerate, yes there are layers of business stuff higher up, but as far as how the game teams operate, each game team runs like its own independent business. No one tells us what to do, what to make, how to make it, or how fast. The Clash team is about 18 individuals and every decision for the game comes purely from these 18 individuals. We do get suggestions and feedback from various analysts in the company and these do help us make data driven decisions. But there is no one telling us "YOU NEED TO DO THIS!" We take their feedback just as we take feedback from the community; we consider it and if it makes sense for the game we'll incorporate it. But there are no mandated things from anywhere outside the team.

Supercell is very big on "trust". We trust the game teams are making the right decision for the longevity of the game, and not for immediate profit. That's why you don't see 100x value offers for $0.99 every day. That would destroy the game's health and longevity, even though in the short run it would probably make us billions of dollars. But our goal isn't to milk every cent possible; our goal is to keep the game fun and keep it running for as many years possible."

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12467627
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 6th, 2021 at 12:20 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Children can play but it should be by a limit rating only. I don’t like seeing little ones infringing on my work on game to ask for things YET THEY CANT HELP those in higher limit numbers for they aren’t even close to making those items. That you have to really reconsider!! Have 2 grades of HayDay children and teens; then HayDays for adults. I shouldn’t adjust my game play especially using diamonds for children’s play.

In regards to not playing in 2019 your game was stale and I was needing a break from a stale game. Plus where do you get off putting my personal gaming out there for others to read? Where’s your confidentiality so since you have the stupidity to do that then I’ll tell you why. I almost left altogether for I was disgusted how the game was so boring but you still wanted those diamonds to make game exciting to do same old thing. Now you have a machine that is next to impossible to purchase when working on all other things. That one is beyond ridiculous the Deep Fryer 900,000 coins.

You better get your animals together and have a meeting of the errors in your game play for you obviously don’t give a ��.

you know, this is not all about you. You took time off and you likely missed the headache that caused the buying limits to be put in place.

this is a player forum. Farmers helping farmers, so there is no need to be rude and attack people who farm. Nobody here made the in game rules, we just follow them

Many farmers have had to depend on friends within the game and come up with new ways to play an old game. Simply try doing things a bit differently than what you have been. You will find that having the coin necessary to purchase new machines available at the next level is not a problem is you don’t level up too quickly.

One of the wonderful things about HayDay is that are as many ways to play the game as there are players. There is no end or race to the finish of the game.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21

you may want to take a look at this thread. It’s vital that all forumers understand the forum rules.

Thanks to Be A Legend for the signature!

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9

You have now edited your post to include the above statement, after I responded to it. Forum members can see the original post to which I was replying, as I quoted it in my post.

I'm at a loss to understand what you mean by this statement. You chose to post on a public forum which can be read by anyone; you do not even have to be a forum member to access it.

There is therefore no question of confidentiality being breached.

Please be aware that this forum is a polite and friendly place, where we speak to each other pleasantly, and have regard for other's opinions.
    Last edited by Cowslips; January 6th, 2021 at 12:42 AM.

And also, ouch, my eyes!