Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Electro-Dragons nerfing

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    At best a 2 star? I disagree. I'd say the majority of non-dip CWL attacks that I see are 3 star ED spam.
    Sorry to say, but my war base has never been three starred by ED... when I was a th11, even th12 players with level 3 EDs couldn't 3 star my base in wars and cwl. And now as I am th12, and my war base layout is almost similar with minor adjustments, now also even th13s couldn't 3 star my base with max ED... so reality is that EDs are very very slow without rage and are prone to dying easily when base is full of single infernos and air skeleton traps. I even started a new thread few days ago named " electro dragons and air sweepers" saying that electro dragons speed should have been more, they are too slow... Maybe you should make your base stronger against EDs, and for that, spread your base. In my base, most buildings have 2 tiles gap between them, so that EDs chain lightning is useless, and either attack is a proper or time fail. But yes, my war base has been 3 starred with miners and hybrid easily, so this type of spread base is only effective against EDs. Also when I attack in war, I see if the base is too compact, and infernos are not all single, then I always use electro dragons. It's not like EDs are very powerful, your base is just too compact or weak against them.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post

Another point of worry is - Archer Queen at very high levels like above 65 are easily destroying more than 50% of the base using healers. That is also not good & there should some way out to stop these!!
    You are definitely wrong about queen charge... queen charge is already very difficult to master as queen many times goes the wrong direction and doesn't enter into the base... and if you have on your base single infernos or concentrated x bows, queen charge just gets extremely difficult. And healers are already too weak, they get easily taken down by seeking air mines, air defenses and multi infernos, so no question of healers being op. If your 50% base is getting taken down by queen charge alone, either change the base or upgrade it, because your base is too weak and queen alone hasn't taken down 50% base anywhere on any decent base I have seen

Millennial Club
    https://youtu.be/asfhCwLEWjE
    Idk what to say it was literally spam attack
    The base is from worlds with but tweaks so guess its decent base have your say
    Luckily i had the might bk that defended against the edg attack
    Last edited by RH69; January 6th, 2021 at 07:53 PM.

For our CWL in M2 (30X30) with a selection of 25ish of 30 13ís and typically 4-5 12ís in the roster, we actively push the 12ís to 2* the higher 13ís #ís1 -10) so the 13ís can get 3ís down low. One person leads the way with EDís, usually out the 28 slot & heís the best Iíve seen at consistently 2*ing max 13s in slots 1 -3. There is a definite skill to it.
    Last edited by Gorf; January 7th, 2021 at 12:41 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisycloud View Post
    why do people say using electro dragons is just spamming? you can't just place them anywhere you feel like it on a base and not every base is set up where you can use electro dragons.

you have to set them up and think about where you want them to go, not just initially in your attack but mid attack and end attack too. or they just gonna ignore say the th or the eagle artillery or something and such.

you can't just throw spells where you feel like it either during the attack.

also you don't neccesarily have to just use all electro dragons either. you can use them with hounds, loons, dragons, baby dragons.

look, I get it that using electro dragons isn't some epic convoluted 8 prong gotta place every troop and spell in the right pixilated square type attack, but I don't think it's just some spam happy no thought process type of attack either.

not every base needs 58 steps strategic type attack either.

I think all type of attacks has there place when it comes to war and electro dragons is a good troop. now I understand people have certain types of attacks they like to use in wars, that's fine too, but just because someone uses a war attack you don't like to use doesn't make it bad. if your attack gets you the stars then that is all that matters.

I don't think it needs a nerf. you just need to look at replays and make sure your base design doesn't have flaws to air attacks.

you can't build a war base that will cover all types of attacks, but you can make one that defends nicely against most. focus on upgrades. sometimes your base design is good but your defenses are too weak.
    Very well said. I've been on the receiving end of both 'spam' edrag attacks (plonk all in one corner and pray), and also surgically placed edrag attacks. Naturally, those who just shove them in the corner with a WW get zero stars on my base due to the layout, but those who actually used their brains and played it strategically can actually get good results. My base isn't the best base ever, but nabbing 2 stars is the most that EDs will get, and I think if they were nerfed in firepower, they'd just be an air Golem and be consigned to the trash.

In my own personal opinion, I think EDs can actually use a speed buff as well as a shorter delay between arriving at the destination and firing.

I do have an attack that uses 10 electro, 9 bats and 4 freeze, 2 dragons and a loon in stone stammer...

It 3 stars against a scrub base using single infernos, if using multis there aren't enough freeze spells if the wizards are well spaced and scatters are in range of each other.

Defo no way of spamming and winning, not like miner hog queen combo anyway.

Centennial Club
    I have noticed that e drags are weak at the moment compared to 6 months ago due to a few things. The first is the super minions and headhunters in the cc. Before it was all lava and ice... which never came out in a e drag attack. Also with the latest update... the superwizards are making people spread out there bases which impacts e drags too. Also more x bows are being set to air due to laloon and regular drag attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Try upgrading defenses if your base is getting 3 star easily with EDs by just spamming
    Totally agree with you these edrag spammers are completely ruining the spirit of the game CWL is getting boring with these people no skill involved

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby1970 View Post
    Totally agree with you these edrag spammers are completely ruining the spirit of the game CWL is getting boring with these people no skill involved
    You brought this thread back to say you agree with the person who says you need to upgrade your defense if EDs are three starring it with spamming, but at the same time you say edrag spammers are ruining the spirit of CWL? I'm confused.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby1970 View Post
    How are they ruining the spirit of the game? Are they using any unfair means? Are the using any troop, you don't have access to? Are the strategies they are using invincible?

Answer is no. They are doing what they think is the best. If you have any problems, either upgrade your base or use it yourself.