Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current meta is sooooooooo broken

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    What's you're definition of clans actually competing? Clans using all of their attacks? Clans only fielding TH 13s? Only fielding max TH 13s?

Looking at the link provided earlier by Ajax, for C1 it's reporting 98.69% TH 13s. Even if you remove the data from all the lower THs that were included, 1.31% would seem to me to make little difference. Not to mentioned you'd also be removing attacks on those bases which would reduce the overall number of 3 star attacks made as well. I haven't figured out a way to filter those results on the 13 v 13 attacks only, but if someone else knows please let me know how or let us know what you find.

I did look into the one of the CWL groups and while the top 2 clans had 74.29% and 61.9% 3 star rates respectively, the overall rate of this group was 44.8%. Only 1 clan missed 3 attacks (the bottom clan) and all others used all 15 every war. Also, every clan won at least 1 war and the 5th place (non demotion) was only separated from 7th by 7 stars. So it looks to me like everyone in this group was competing until the end.

In this group the 1 vs 2 matchup featured both of these clans having about a 10% higher 3 star rate than their overall result. So it would seem to me that these 2 clans had easier bases to go along with their stronger attacking skills compared to the rest of their group.

So my question is where do we draw the line? C1 already represents the top 0.1% of players. If we limit that further to only the clans we can identify as competing (max TH 13, using meta attack strategies, base designs that are inline with the current meta) we get to a level of player that just isn't feasible to look at or track in my opinion.

Normally I'm all for a more defensive meta (just my nature), but balancing the game around the 48 clans that make the yearly qualifier, the 8 clans in the finals, and the 150ish that finish toward the top of C1 isn't going to translate well to the players that are not a part of this group.
    Just to add to your summation: 48 clans that make the yearly qualifier x 15 = 720 individuals. 8 clans in the finals x 15 = 120 individuals. 150 ish clans. X 15 = 2250. By my reckoning that is the top 3000 +/- individuals in a game of millions. Hard to balance anything on the tip of a needle.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

What has this thread turned into...

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Also why couldn't everyone use it to get 100% 3star rate.
    Cause there's needs to have a balance between offense and defense as clash of clans in not only about attacking.
    Right now the balance is in favour of offense.
    If everyone can 3star at 100% HR using one strategy then it would mean balance is in favour of offense to an extreme degree.
    We are not there yet.
    I would say the balance in September 2020 before addition of 20 camp space was good where Champs 1 had 27% hit rate and Master 1 had 17% hit rate.
    https://clashspot.net/en/statistics/...s/view/2020-09
    Last edited by Rak2180; January 12th, 2021 at 03:52 AM.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

how big is the "problem" for me?

i have been in legends for a few days now, and am at around 5200 trophies atm. for me that aint "elite", but also above average, maybe.

in my defense log i got around 30 legends attacks against me, and not a single one of those was using that superwizz-blimp-thing...

seems like an elite issue indeed...

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Cause there's needs to have a balance between offense and defense as clash of clans in not only about attacking.
    Right now the balance is in favour of offense.
    If everyone can 3star at 100% HR using one strategy then it would mean balance is in favour of offense to an extreme degree.
    We are not there yet.
    I would say the balance in September 2020 before addition of 20 camp space was good where Champs 1 had 27% hit rate and Master 1 had 17% hit rate.
    https://clashspot.net/en/statistics/...s/view/2020-09
    .... did u say everyone? Obviously everyone cannot 3 star at 100% with one strategy....

to me it is bad enough if one person can do it.

My top base has 5671 trophies currently and my offense isn’t having fun. My base also needs to be changed. The game is far from broken and good players are quickly adjusting to the new meta(s). There is zero need for a nerf.

Pro Member
    I will try to give another perspective, I dont think saying that "Attack is OP" means it an instant 3 star, but to me it means attack I can master and use it on every single base - meaning base design is just not important and it cuts huge part of the strategy in this so called "strategy game".

Our clan is in champ2 for pretty long time now, and I keep an average of 3 stars per league while participating in 7 wars. Before the update, in order to get that I had to choose a base design that match an attack strategy Im good at, could be zap-lalo, could be queen walk-hybrid or even yeti smash if the base asks for it. I also could think for hours on a plan, took advise from clan mates..you get the idea - I invested a lot of time on it.

but this CWL I didnt even choose a base. I just waited to see whats left and attacked 7 times with the same army w/e base. I didnt have to put much afford like in previous CWL and "surprisingly" I got the same outcome: 3 stars in 7 wars with an average of 90% destruction by using solely blimp-wiz-lalo

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #368
    Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    but this CWL I didnt even choose a base. I just waited to see whats left and attacked 7 times with the same army w/e base. I didnt have to put much afford like in previous CWL and "surprisingly" I got the same outcome: 3 stars in 7 wars with an average of 90% destruction by using solely blimp-wiz-lalo
    That makes no sense. If you got 3 stars in every war, then your average destruction was 100% not 90%.

It also puts you in the very tiniest top number of players, since three star rates overall were only 32% in your tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That makes no sense. If you got 3 stars in every war, then your average destruction was 100% not 90%.

It also puts you in the very tiniest top number of players, since three star rates overall were only 32% in your tier.
    I think he meant 3 three stars out 7 wars .

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    I think he meant 3 three stars out 7 wars .
    I doubt he quite means that either

Maybe he means 3 stars three times in 7 wars, though it isn't what he said.

What he said was that he got 3 stars in all 7 wars. I do realise that is probably down to a language issue though.

If he does mean that he got three triples in 7 wars, then that is about average for his tier, just that he is saying he got them without really trying this time. That of course could just mean that when he has put in all the extra planning effort previously, it was a bit of a waste and he would have got as many without it - but I accept that is unlikely.