Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current meta is sooooooooo broken

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    It's actually not that difficult. There are 4-5 golems which can tank for the log launcher. Also Grand Warden's aura gives it a hp boost. Logs can travel upto 20 tiles or 4 buildings.

I'm not sure if you have tried/seen this attack. Actually centralized th is better for this attack, as you get the freedom to attack the base from any side. As LordSk said, the problem is when the th is situated at the corner of the base. Then if you start from the townhall side, LL doesn't get any extra value. If you start from the opposite site, LL logs may not make it to the th.

I saw this attack on yt. I have not tried it myself but my clan mates have been using it. I have seen replays of triples even when they start from the opposite side of th. In this CWL, there were many triples from both opponents' and my clan's sides using this strategy.
    What part of my post indicates that I've never done or seen this?

Clearly the issue is the people like yourself who take the internet the first time this happens to them, see an Elite youtuber whining about it and then agree with them.. the world is falling in on itself after watching a few mins worth of replays and edited internet content.

Oh wait you haven't tried it yourself but friends and internetters have so must be easy and guarantee 100% everytime... Oh Credibility lost my friend.

Let's put it this way to validate the QQ mob.

Post screenshots your entire defense log, do it for a week, and post actual screen shots of YOUR team's war performance.. let's see how bad things actually are.
    No way are people getting rolled this frequently, if so please come at me. Seriously humans, it's been 1d3hrs and that was a Queen only disconnect attack, at 5480 medals, legends has no one attacking me. Titan I get raided within 5 mins of shield dropping.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Got a chuckle out of this, had a old friend who has not played for about a year join us for CWL, th11 doing a QW, pulled the cc and his AQ got smushed from a full HH cc with a few archers. Clan chat was quite colourful when he got back from his attack. He never saw a HH before, thought it was a cc full of archers and he kept trying to pull the rest out until his AQ got evaporated.
    I like 2 witches, 3 HH and 3 archers. If you are running QW/QC and trigger the CC with something else, then you see the archers, you see the witches and think you need to delay the poison or it will disappear before the witches get there, then the HH you missed or thought were wiz just vaporise your AQ. But if you spot the HH and drop the poison early enough to get them, the witches will take forever to kill.

Of course Super Minions can be even worse, because of the ridiculous range of their first shots.

And both of the above are much less effective against strategies that don't use a queen or warden walk at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    And both of the above are much less effective against strategies that don't use a queen or warden walk at the start.
    Because of this, I might go away from superminions in my legends cc and we started going away from them a bit in CWL as well. The hunter superminion combo is strong against the queen walk, but now that more players are starting to use golems with superwiz or giants and witch, etc., that combo isn't as strong. It never was great against edrags or the warden walk into yetti and now there are a few more popular attacks that it isn't great against.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    What part of my post indicates that I've never done or seen this?

Clearly the issue is the people like yourself who take the internet the first time this happens to them, see an Elite youtuber whining about it and then agree with them.. the world is falling in on itself after watching a few mins worth of replays and edited internet content.

Oh wait you haven't tried it yourself but friends and internetters have so must be easy and guarantee 100% everytime... Oh Credibility lost my friend.

Let's put it this way to validate the QQ mob.

Post screenshots your entire defense log, do it for a week, and post actual screen shots of YOUR team's war performance.. let's see how bad things actually are.
    No way are people getting rolled this frequently, if so please come at me. Seriously humans, it's been 1d3hrs and that was a Queen only disconnect attack, at 5480 medals, legends has no one attacking me. Titan I get raided within 5 mins of shield dropping.
    The part where you say centralized th is better to defend this attack.

And my post only implied that this attack strategy is quite strong and isn't much difficult to execute. I never said that it is a guarantee 100% everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    My experience with youtube is very different than yours. Maybe there are youtubers and viewers who match your description. I usually watch Itzu and Eric, sometimes Lexnos and Carbonfin. They may have catchy or clickbait titles, but the actual content is great. They talk about the attacks in detail, discussing both pros and cons of an attack strategy. I mostly like to watch the competitive 5v5 wars, where they show all the attacks, even the fails. There are live planning videos where they plan and attack, and yes they show the fails too. Generally in case of LL attacks, they only show the 3 star hits. But they also show their legend hits log where you can see the number of 3 stars. They generally stream their LL hits on twitch, so you can see their fails there.

I have not tried this strategy because I don't like spam type attacks. I use qc hybrid or blizzard lalo generally.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; January 11th, 2021 at 05:03 PM.

Hit rates in my CWL clans' groups:

Champs 1
    68.57%
    59.08%
    3.52.38%
    4.51.43%
    5.50.57%(my clan)
    6.48.62%
    7.26.26%
    8.20%

Champs 3
    40%(my clan)
    2.40%
    3.24.76%
    4.26.67%
    5.17.17%
    6.18.27%
    7.12.38%

Champs 3

In Champs 1 most attacks used either blizzard or super wiz spam.
    In Champs 3, only top 3-4 clans used the new meta attacks, others were still using Yeti Smash/Edrags/Hybrid.
    I still think a slight nerf to Super Wizard would be good to balance Blizzard and Super Wizard spam attacks.It will make things a lot less difficult for base builders.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If the max th13 vs. max th13 hit rate in Masters is less than 15%, do you consider that relevant?
    Maybe but u don’t know percentage of near maxed th13 in masters..

honestly, it all depend on the player. If the player is just dumping troops and not aiming for triple, I don’t think this balance discussion is valid.

the player has to be aiming to triple, not just doing the motions for 2 stars for medals

that is why I feel c2 is a good league to check hit rate.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 11th, 2021 at 10:26 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post

Champs 1
    68.57%
    59.08%
    3.52.38%
    4.51.43%
    5.50.57%(my clan)
    6.48.62%
    7.26.26%
    8.20%

Champs 3
    40%(my clan)
    2.40%
    3.24.76%
    4.26.67%
    5.17.17%
    6.18.27%
    7.12.38%

Champs 3

In Champs 3, only top 3-4 clans used the new meta attacks, others were still using Yeti Smash/Edrags/Hybrid.
    I still think a slight nerf to Super Wizard would be good to balance Blizzard and Super Wizard spam attacks.It will make things a lot less difficult for base builders.
    ... I feel there are quite a few clans that tank clan 1, meaning the people playing in c1 are not the same guys who won c2.

If u know current meta, u should know 50% is not near the actual hit rate of the top clans. 50% hit rate is probably not even average among the c1 clans who are competing.

Trainee
    You should go in a top war clan so it wouldn't be easy.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    ... I feel there are quite a few clans that tank clan 1, meaning the people playing in c1 are not the same guys who won c2.

If u know current meta, u should know 50% is not near the actual hit rate of the top clans. 50% hit rate is probably not even average among the c1 clans who are competing.
    What's you're definition of clans actually competing? Clans using all of their attacks? Clans only fielding TH 13s? Only fielding max TH 13s?

Looking at the link provided earlier by Ajax, for C1 it's reporting 98.69% TH 13s. Even if you remove the data from all the lower THs that were included, 1.31% would seem to me to make little difference. Not to mentioned you'd also be removing attacks on those bases which would reduce the overall number of 3 star attacks made as well. I haven't figured out a way to filter those results on the 13 v 13 attacks only, but if someone else knows please let me know how or let us know what you find.

I did look into the one of the CWL groups and while the top 2 clans had 74.29% and 61.9% 3 star rates respectively, the overall rate of this group was 44.8%. Only 1 clan missed 3 attacks (the bottom clan) and all others used all 15 every war. Also, every clan won at least 1 war and the 5th place (non demotion) was only separated from 7th by 7 stars. So it looks to me like everyone in this group was competing until the end.

In this group the 1 vs 2 matchup featured both of these clans having about a 10% higher 3 star rate than their overall result. So it would seem to me that these 2 clans had easier bases to go along with their stronger attacking skills compared to the rest of their group.

So my question is where do we draw the line? C1 already represents the top 0.1% of players. If we limit that further to only the clans we can identify as competing (max TH 13, using meta attack strategies, base designs that are inline with the current meta) we get to a level of player that just isn't feasible to look at or track in my opinion.

Normally I'm all for a more defensive meta (just my nature), but balancing the game around the 48 clans that make the yearly qualifier, the 8 clans in the finals, and the 150ish that finish toward the top of C1 isn't going to translate well to the players that are not a part of this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post

Champs 1
    68.57%
    59.08%
    3.52.38%
    4.51.43%
    5.50.57%(my clan)
    6.48.62%
    7.26.26%
    8.20%

Champs 3
    40%(my clan)
    2.40%
    3.24.76%
    4.26.67%
    5.17.17%
    6.18.27%
    7.12.38%

Champs 3

Atleast that strategy made golems somehow useful at th13.
    Also why couldn't everyone use it to get 100% 3star rate.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; January 12th, 2021 at 12:01 AM.