Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 425

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current meta is sooooooooo broken

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    ... so what do u mean by this post???
    I meant exactly what I said.

    The rate is nowhere near 80%.

    And (for the last season for which we had data), the rate in CWL Champs 1 was less than 50%.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    duh... ok up to you. If u actually follow his replies, I don’t think that was what he meant.
    It is (of course) exactly what I meant.

    And if you "actually follow my replies", reading them properly rather than with your expectations, it would have been obvious that is what I meant.

    actually this just goes to show how different each of our coc experiences are. Maybe that is why it is futile to convince those who don’t play seriously how unbalanced current meta is.
    If by "don't play seriously" you mean "aren't in the top 0.01% of players", then yes. It seems to be equally futile trying to convince those players that their experience is not the norm, or anywhere near it.
    Last edited by Ajax; January 11th, 2021 at 08:11 AM.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    To be blunt, maybe the people crying for nerf aren't the top .1%. We could be just the top 20%. Those opposing the nerf might not be the average 50% but could be the bottom 30%...

    The end of the day, nobody here exactly know where we stand among coc players.

    I already explained, please don't use LL trophy as a benchmark as not everyone push. Similarly for CWL, not every strong clan wants to run C1 for reasons be left undiscussed.
    We can have a fairly good idea. True, not every good player is in LL, and nor does every good player do CWL. But either give a good indication, though as you correctly say, it is not exact.

    One thing we DO know is that 30 million+ players, and 2 million+ clans take part in CW (that was stated at the CWL world finals).

    We also know from the numbers in post #278 above that there are only 500 clans in Champs 1. So 500 out of 2,000,000 puts any champs 1 clan in the top 0.25% (1 in 4,000) of those who do play CWL.

    Similarly, we know there are around 750K players in LL, and those above 5600 are only a few thousand - less than 1% of those who play LL.

    So while I agree we cannot know how many don't play LL or CWL, or how many do so casually but could do much better if they were "serious", those give us a good idea. It is unlikely IMO that the average skill levels of those who choose not to play LL or CWL are any higher than among those who do.

    And TBH, what else do we have to use as benchmarks? We can only estimate based on information we have.

  4. #334
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We can have a fairly good idea. True, not every good player is in LL, and nor does every good player do CWL. But either give a good indication, though as you correctly say, it is not exact.

    One thing we DO know is that 30 million+ players, and 2 million+ clans take part in CW (that was stated at the CWL world finals).

    We also know from the numbers in post #278 above that there are only 500 clans in Champs 1. So 500 out of 2,000,000 puts any champs 1 clan in the top 0.25% (1 in 4,000) of those who do play CWL.

    Similarly, we know there are around 750K players in LL, and those above 5600 are only a few thousand - less than 1% of those who play LL.

    So while I agree we cannot know how many don't play LL or CWL, or how many do so casually but could do much better if they were "serious", those give us a good idea. It is unlikely IMO that the average skill levels of those who choose not to play LL or CWL are any higher than among those who do.

    And TBH, what else do we have to use as benchmarks? We can only estimate based on information we have.
    Ok... the problem with picking out numbers is you need to understand whether your numbers are reasonable. The balance we are discussing is MAX/Near MAX TH13 so only the hit rate of those MAX/Near MAX Th13 is relevant...

    I suspect your CWL number are off by a lot... so you can see it is REALLY hard to get any sort of accurate estimates. I warred in C3 last month and C2 this month. To be frank, only C2 league is mostly TH13, and even that not all are maxed. If I am SC, I will look at C2 league as the average TH13 hit rate. Those clans who play in C1 are the good Th13. Those clans that top C1 are the "very top". I mean isn't that what the term "very top" means?

    As I said, I have seen many good players who play in legends just for fun. They don't push... doing 8 hits a day is too much time.

    SC have data actually. In the end of the day, SC will balance it as they see fit.

    BTW, as mentioned by someone, there are clans who tank in C1 partly because they don't want to run their main accounts in C1 due to policing by SC.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 11th, 2021 at 08:46 AM.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    Ok... the problem with picking out numbers is you need to understand whether your numbers are reasonable. The balance we are discussing is MAX/Near MAX TH13 so only the hit rate of those MAX/Near MAX Th13 is relevant...

    I suspect your CWL number are off by a lot... so you can see it is REALLY hard to get any sort of accurate estimates. I warred in C3 last month and C2 this month. To be frank, only C2 league is mostly TH13, and even that not all are maxed. If I am SC, I will look at C2 league as the average TH13 hit rate. Those clans who play in C1 are the good Th13. Those clans that top C1 are the "very top". I mean isn't that what the term "very top" means?

    As I said, I have seen many good players who play in legends just for fun. They don't push... doing 8 hits a day is too much time.

    SC have data actually. In the end of the day, SC will balance it as they see fit.

    BTW, as mentioned by someone, there are clans who tank in C1 partly because they don't want to run their main accounts in C1 due to policing by SC.
    Well the numbers of triples have fallen back again this month (presumably due to changes in base design to reduce the effectiveness of Blizzard).

    It is now 32.1% in C1, 23.96% in C2, 20.2% in C3, then starts to get higher below that (presumably because not so many near max Th13s). My opinion is that these numbers are just fine.

    https://clashspot.net/en/statistics/...s/view/2020-01

    BTW, I'm surprised you say "Only C2 is mostly Th13s, because in M2 this season, we only saw ONE TH12 all week, so 1 out of 120 (including our own) was a TH12. Of course only a few were maxed TH13, usually 2-3 per clan. I would have expected all of Champs and Masters 1 to be entirely TH13 unless a clan was deliberately tanking.

    EDIT
    This is data for the wrong month - it is from a year ago.

    See post #339 below for correct figures
    Last edited by Ajax; January 11th, 2021 at 10:12 AM.

  6. #336
    Forum Veteran LordSk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    I suspect your CWL number are off by a lot... so you can see it is REALLY hard to get any sort of accurate estimates. I warred in C3 last month and C2 this month. To be frank, only C2 league is mostly TH13, and even that not all are maxed. If I am SC, I will look at C2 league as the average TH13 hit rate. Those clans who play in C1 are the good Th13. Those clans that top C1 are the "very top". I mean isn't that what the term "very top" means?
    Are we playing the same game??

    We have been in C3 for quite a while now, last CWL we ended 3th. Seems a sweet spot for our clan. Never ever have I seen anything but TH13 bases, and most are maxed or near maxed. Some wars there are a few gems with orange walls, but not often. We had a few triples each war, like we always do, but I have seen nothing extreme from either us, or our opponents.

    The current meta has a few strong attacks, granted. It also has a very strong defense with the super minions. Seeing the triple rates Ajax just posted, that seems to work out just fine.

    The triple rates are way lower then the nerf squad tries to imply, so there basically is no real issue, despite the countless pages in this thread. If you get tripled too often: get a better base. If you triple too easy: enjoy it and start playing with the top dogs. This topic can be discussed for another 30 pages, but the actual numbers seem to prove different.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well the numbers of triples have fallen back again this month (presumably due to changes in base design to reduce the effectiveness of Blizzard).

    It is now 32.1% in C1, 23.96% in C2, 20.2% in C3, then starts to get higher below that (presumably because not so many near max Th13s). My opinion is that these numbers are just fine.

    https://clashspot.net/en/statistics/...s/view/2020-01

    BTW, I'm surprised you say "Only C2 is mostly Th13s, because in M2 this season, we only saw ONE TH12 all week, so 1 out of 120 (including our own) was a TH12. Of course only a few were maxed TH13, usually 2-3 per clan. I would have expected all of Champs and Masters 1 to be entirely TH13 unless a clan was deliberately tanking.
    BTW, it looks like the 2 million clans given as the number taking part must have been total number over the competition, not the number in any one month, since adding up all of the clans for this month (from the clashspot list) only gives 877,122.

    And with 540 in C1, that means it is actually 1 in 1,624, not 1 in 4,000 as I suggested above. Still a little less than 0.1% though.

  8. #338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well the numbers of triples have fallen back again this month (presumably due to changes in base design to reduce the effectiveness of Blizzard).

    It is now 32.1% in C1, 23.96% in C2, 20.2% in C3, then starts to get higher below that (presumably because not so many near max Th13s). My opinion is that these numbers are just fine.

    https://clashspot.net/en/statistics/...s/view/2020-01

    BTW, I'm surprised you say "Only C2 is mostly Th13s, because in M2 this season, we only saw ONE TH12 all week, so 1 out of 120 (including our own) was a TH12. Of course only a few were maxed TH13, usually 2-3 per clan. I would have expected all of Champs and Masters 1 to be entirely TH13 unless a clan was deliberately tanking.
    You are showing the stats for January 2020, not 2021.
    The Hit Rate in Ch1 is currently at 43.x%

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    You are showing the stats for January 2020, not 2021.
    The Hit Rate in Ch1 is currently at 43.x%
    Oops.

    Here is the 2021 page
    https://clashspot.net/en/statistics/...s/view/2021-01

    42.92% C1, 32.61% C2, 24.45% C3.

    That makes more sense, given previous numbers. Still below 50% average in C1, but not much below, and does tend to imply the winners of each league in C1 will be getting around 50% or a bit more.

    Arguably, that is a little on the high side, but lower leagues have hardly changed (in fact M2 & M3 are lower than they were in Jan 2020), so SC would have to be very careful with any nerf to ensure it didn't cause the lower leagues to fall too far.

    Comparison between now and a year ago for top 6 leagues:

    league 2020/01 2021/01
    C1 32.1 42.92
    C2 23.96 32.61
    C3 20.2 24.45
    M1 22.05 23.7
    M2 24.93 24.2
    M3 27.15 25.12

    Total number of clans across all leagues - 937,362, clans in C1 - 346, so about 1 in 2700.

  10. #340
    The new super wizard / Golem / Witches is proving very successful for me in legends, 5 3 stars yesterday at 5200. I've changed to it from using hybrid attack the last few months. I've also been 3 starred on my first 2 defences today, both used quakes on town hall with log roller. I wouldn't be against nerfing the log roller so the logs dont damage the th. Getting a well thought out 3 star using hybrid is much more satisfying than steam rolling a base with log roller.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •