Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 425

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current meta is sooooooooo broken

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    If SC a wants to nerf in order to affect the 0.01% of super elite players and to bring the champs I hitrate down, then all I can say is that I hope they do it very surgically. I.E, that they carefully review whatever the champs I players are doing expertly that almost no one else is doing no tweak only that (blizzard?, other?).

    Because the game I has recently gotten a lot harder for us mere mortals, esp. now that almost every single legends base has super minions in them. I used to be able to 3star maybe 10-20% in low and mid legends, now I also most never do. I’ve pretty much given up trying and am just playing by rote for loot.... it’s not much fun anymore.

    I get that the game might be 'too easy' for people who have hours to plan an attack with clanmates on discord. And I get that the rate may need to be tweaked to keep the super elite more competitive. But the game is getting less exciting for the mid tier IMO. Note I'm really talking mid tier here - legends bases with CCs, usually super minions.
    Unfortunately I donít think they can balance the game for both camps because the hitrate skyrocketed (from about 28% to 38%) when they added 20 extra camp space. They could either do a general defense buff to bring it down to 30% which is what it was in January when th13 came out and I remember the casual players liking the balance then.

    Or they could make a new game mode for the competitive scene and balance it with them in mind but I donít think theyíll invest time into something for a small percentage of the player base. However, I do agree that super minions need a nerf on defense to bring them back in line with other cc troops because they are currently overpowered.

  2. #242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    226
    I think the that for the average legend player the game is in the same situation that it was with the zaps+EQs+witches spam. 8 EQs+tanks+witches+super wiz just has taken the place of the zapwitch. They ( supercell ) nerfed zapwitch and they will ( in my opinion ) nerf the super wiz as well. For pros the blizzard is dominating the arena and averages would also use it but it is prone to failure if you are not good enough. My clan is on the second day of CWL in master 1. In two wars there have been 8 three stars of which 6 has been done with golemwitchsuperwiz combo either by us or our opponents. Also many close calls with the same combo 99, 98 etc. It dominates totally and I have no doubt this will continue in the 5 matches to come. Also worth noticing is that all ( a few) attempts at blizzard have been fails ( two stars and not even close to three stars ).
    Last edited by Grimbolg; January 5th, 2021 at 08:40 PM.

  3. #243
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    127
    If somebody drops the stupid super wizard blimp on my giant bombs my giant bombs need to destroy your super wizard. I built my base to stop the things and now 80% of attackers drop their blimps on my bombs...but they all have 5 arch barb or goblins so my bomb doesn't kill their wizards. Its absolute nonsense. You can't fall out of a blimp and land on a bomb and live.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    Unfortunately I don’t think they can balance the game for both camps because the hitrate skyrocketed (from about 28% to 38%) when they added 20 extra camp space. They could either do a general defense buff to bring it down to 30% which is what it was in January when th13 came out and I remember the casual players liking the balance then.

    Or they could make a new game mode for the competitive scene and balance it with them in mind but I don’t think they’ll invest time into something for a small percentage of the player base. However, I do agree that super minions need a nerf on defense to bring them back in line with other cc troops because they are currently overpowered.
    Or they can introduce th14 within the next 5 months so none of this matters all that much.... You're right about the prior balance, I do think it was pretty good when it was around 35%. My own clan prefers it more now for sure, but we didn't hate it then.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClashAnon View Post
    If somebody drops the stupid super wizard blimp on my giant bombs my giant bombs need to destroy your super wizard. I built my base to stop the things and now 80% of attackers drop their blimps on my bombs...but they all have 5 arch barb or goblins so my bomb doesn't kill their wizards. Its absolute nonsense. You can't fall out of a blimp and land on a bomb and live.
    No, but you can hold back and let the dumb people jump out first, trigger the bombs, and then jump out and land after they explode.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  5. #245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Or they can introduce th14 within the next 5 months so none of this matters all that much.... You're right about the prior balance, I do think it was pretty good when it was around 35%. My own clan prefers it more now for sure, but we didn't hate it then.
    The issue will still linger even with the introduction of th14 just like itís still here when we transitioned from th12 to 13. One group will always prefer the game to be more challenging while another group prefers a less challenging experience. As long as everyone shares the same defenses and troops, they wonít be able to make everyone happy.

  6. #246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    303
    Despite all the complaining here, most defenders are adapting their bases. Many people now have double blower coverage for the TH, no bounces available for the TH, eagle, or scatters, and all of those structures surrounded by all of the bombs and spring traps. That might make their bases more vulnerable to other things, but the blizzard is now a complete waste.

  7. #247
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,606
    Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    Despite all the complaining here, most defenders are adapting their bases. Many people now have double blower coverage for the TH, no bounces available for the TH, eagle, or scatters, and all of those structures surrounded by all of the bombs and spring traps. That might make their bases more vulnerable to other things, but the blizzard is now a complete waste.
    Seeing adaptation for golem, witch, super wiz too
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  8. #248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Seeing adaptation for golem, witch, super wiz too
    This I have not seen. Anyone else?

  9. #249
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Straya
    Posts
    953
    Could nerf blizzard (or wimp you could also call it lol) by making damage done under invisibility 50%

  10. #250
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Could nerf blizzard (or wimp you could also call it lol) by making damage done under invisibility 50%
    You could also nerf it by designing your base so you dont cluster all your defenses around the TH.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •