Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current meta is sooooooooo broken

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Although there are bases out there that are old, I saw the same bases in regular wars that were at the championships within a week of the championships being over. I am pretty confident my skills didn’t increase by the same value in a week. Maxed TH13s with Championship bases are not limited to Champs1/2/3 by any stretch.
    I never said they were limited to Champs, my point is the majority of the bases in lower leagues are old and outdated even though you can find newer bases in upper masters, they are in the minority. In champs, new meta bases are the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I dont think the base designs in Champs1 are that much better or different than lower tiers. Any max TH13 can have the same base as Itzu within an hour of someone seeing it. I can get a top tier base design off of many sites easily. Yes, it may not be Itzu’s war base today but it isn’t like I am getting the one from 2 years ago either.
    Yea, base link has improved base design quality overall.
    But ,someone in low league copying a top tier base from internet is not same as someone in Champs 1 getting a custom base from pro builders/building his own war base.
    Once a base gets known, it will get tripled easily even if it was a Top tier base from Itzu.
    With websites like Find This Base and Burnt Base where you can search a base for 3 star replay, a base gets known even faster now.
    While a custom built base with the element of surprise is a much better.
    You wont see that many popular internet bases in Champs 1 unlike lower leagues.
    Not to mention , many in lower leagues are not that aware about their war bases design and don't change it as often as those in Champs 1.
    In case you don't already know about websites to search for a 3star replay on a base, here is the link https://findthisbase.com/.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

This isn't any different then previous large updates. The game is cyclic. After every update there is usualy a period of time whare attacks are way to OP but as the game progresses there are new meta changes to building bases as well as nerfs to troops and/or buffs to defenses.

It is probably develiped this way on purpose. The majority of players don't care so much about their bases defending but rather getting 3 stars. So this pattern of making attacks so strong after updates is most likely intended to bring new life into the game. Eventually attacks start getting harder after the defense meta adjusts to the new offense strength.

Give it a little time and things will balance out again. I think if the game was constantly the same people would get bored more easily, but with new updates creating large differences in game play, it makes things interesting.

So during this time, challenge yourself in finding a particular base build that is successfull. You will be very gratified when you see those one stars start happening on your defenses.
    Good Luck!
    --------------------------------
    Zim

BurntBase Developer
    Clash Addict playing since 2012
    --------------------------------

Still my th13 clanmates still struggling getting 3star on th12. Our clan consist of people who we knew personally. Playing for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Yea, base link has improved base design quality overall.
    But ,someone in low league copying a top tier base from internet is not same as someone in Champs 1 getting a custom base from pro builders/building his own war base.
    Once a base gets known, it will get tripled easily even if it was a Top tier base from Itzu.
    The key there is it improved base designs a lot. Even though the upgrades are way behind in Masters1 compared to Champs1, the three star rate is way lower. Why? Because it is easier to design (copy) a good base than to execute a good attack. If you only looked at the 3 star rate against max bases, it would be really really low.

Once a base gets known it gets tripled easily by elite players in Champs1. That is not the case for most attackers.

So, for those of you in Champs1, it looks like the 3 star rate went up by about 5% so far, up to 43%. That isn't a surprise given the addition of superwiz and log launcher, two supertroops at once, regular troops with the supertroops, etc., not to mention blizzard. Getting back to the OP topic, has the blizzard totally taken over? We can see it definitely hasn't like some of the outlandish predictions here early on in this thread by a few posters, but has it taken over such that it is used in almost every attack and needs an adjustment in your opinion? SC has shown in the past an interest in adjusting something that is used "too much" in their opinion, without regard to whether the overall end result is offense/defense out of balance.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

If SC a wants to nerf in order to affect the 0.01% of super elite players and to bring the champs I hitrate down, then all I can say is that I hope they do it very surgically. I.E, that they carefully review whatever the champs I players are doing expertly that almost no one else is doing no tweak only that (blizzard?, other?).

Because the game I has recently gotten a lot harder for us mere mortals, esp. now that almost every single legends base has super minions in them. I used to be able to 3star maybe 10-20% in low and mid legends, now I also most never do. I’ve pretty much given up trying and am just playing by rote for loot.... it’s not much fun anymore.

I get that the game might be 'too easy' for people who have hours to plan an attack with clanmates on discord. And I get that the rate may need to be tweaked to keep the super elite more competitive. But the game is getting less exciting for the mid tier IMO. Note I'm really talking mid tier here - legends bases with CCs, usually super minions.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    If SC a wants to nerf in order to affect the 0.01% of super elite players and to bring the champs I hitrate down, then all I can say is that I hope they do it very surgically. I.E, that they carefully review whatever the champs I players are doing expertly that almost no one else is doing no tweak only that (blizzard?, other?).

Because the game I has recently gotten a lot harder for us mere mortals, esp. now that almost every single legends base has super minions in them. I used to be able to 3star maybe 10-20% in low and mid legends, now I also most never do. I’ve pretty much given up trying and am just playing by rote for loot.... it’s not much fun anymore.

I get that the game might be 'too easy' for people who have hours to plan an attack with clanmates on discord. And I get that the rate may need to be tweaked to keep the super elite more competitive. But the game is getting less exciting for the mid tier IMO. Note I'm really talking mid tier here - legends bases with CCs, usually super minions.
    I think they can nerf the superwiz while under invisibility spell to nerf blizzard, which will impact the elite players much more than the rest of us. If the blizzard is being used in the majority of attacks at the top, I could see the sense in that nerf. I'm sure we'd hear from some elite players saying they just want superwiz nerfed overall to nerf the "spam" attacks (I don't agree it is spam usually) that regular players use them for. That is where I would disagree and not support the change.

Also, even if they do nerf blizzard, it doesn't look like it would have a huge impact on the overall 3 star rates as blizzard simply has not shown to have the big bad outcome that some predicted in this thread prior to this CWL season starting. The claims of the sky falling due to blizzard are proving not to be true. We're talking a small 5% overall 3 star rate increase and that can't all be from blizzard, because we got other offensive options added too.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

the introduction of super troops was a big mistake in my opinion

I believe they were introduced to try and let maxers use their stacked de, and tried to make it somewhat easier for the average player to 3*, while adding some fun/spice to the game.
    In reality, it has had the total opposite effect, it has made the balancing of the game even harder and out of line with it’s counterparts (regular unused troops), and there’s nothing anyone can say that will change my mind, this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    the introduction of super troops was a big mistake in my opinion

I believe they were introduced to try and let maxers use their stacked de, and tried to make it somewhat easier for the average player to 3*, while adding some fun/spice to the game.
    In reality, it has had the total opposite effect, it has made the balancing of the game even harder and out of line with it’s counterparts (regular unused troops), and there’s nothing anyone can say that will change my mind, this is my opinion.
    The problem with super troops is with how fast they are added compared to regular troops. This gives less time for balancing and adds many more possible troop combinations to test. Thus the mix of waste of de supers, ok supers, and possibly op supers.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post

You should join us mere mortals at the golems+witches+super wiz spam gala. It is very easy and gives more three stars in low and mid legends then any other attacks strat that I have used ( yetis, airbrid, hybrid etc ) You are very wellcome to join the party! But be quick before the nerf hammer finds us and stops the fiesta.
    Last edited by Grimbolg; January 5th, 2021 at 05:50 PM.