Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current meta is sooooooooo broken

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    TBH, I think even for many of those who start these threads it is a form of humblebragging.

I'm sure they are all well aware that what they are talking about only happens at the very top levels, but it is always "so easy", "anybody can do it", which is just not true.
    Who said "anyone can do it"?? I think you are overly defensive. I don't think most of the people asking for nerf did say that. I for one admits that there is a whole spectrum of players and there are always the players who plays COC for fun, casually.

The point as I have repeated multiple times, is the fine balance of strats don't apply to these people, partly because they don't understand the game enough and the balance between strats don't really affect them.
    Example, did the recent lightning nerf affect them much? Whether strat A is more powerful than lets say strat B is also dependent on skill level. Example, if you cannot invis blimp reliably, to you it is really not much stronger than yeti blimp. But in the hands of the skilled attacker who can execute ALL strats reliably, invis blimp is way overpowered compared to yeti blimp.
    OF course, if the strat depends on luck and cannot be executed reliably, then it is not OP. But trust me, the invis blimp can be done reliably or at least reliably enough to expoit it

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    Who said "anyone can do it"?? I think you are overly defensive. I don't think most of the people asking for nerf did say that. I for one admits that there is a whole spectrum of players and there are always the players who plays COC for fun, casually.

The point as I have repeated multiple times, is the fine balance of strats don't apply to these people, partly because they don't understand the game enough and the balance between strats don't really affect them.
    Example, did the recent lightning nerf affect them much? Whether strat A is more powerful than lets say strat B is also dependent on skill level. Example, if you cannot invis blimp reliably, to you it is really not much stronger than yeti blimp. But in the hands of the skilled attacker who can execute ALL strats reliably, invis blimp is way overpowered compared to yeti blimp.
    OF course, if the strat depends on luck and cannot be executed reliably, then it is not OP. But trust me, the invis blimp can be done reliably or at least reliably enough to expoit it
    The lighting nerf is a bad example because it impacted the more average players a lot. However, as I've said multiple times here, a nerf of the superwiz while under invisibility would likely not impact the regular players as much as the elite.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

One nano sec late in dropping Invisible Spell and raids go from Op meta to lets save the 2* mode in a blink of an eye.

SC's always checks the data after an update, if 3* rate went through the roof, they will do balance changes.

Always keep these in mind -

- Youtubers won't show fails or after how many tries they tripled that base

example - In a friendly war between Carbonfin vs Lexnos teams few days ago, Lexnos was late on dropping invisible and raid was RIP

it was later fixed with same plan by someone else, there are many factors which can go wrong - late spell deployment, 2 gbs killing wiz.

It is the strongest strat at the moment, but it hasnt broken the game - just base builders need time to adapt
    CWL Clans- Champion 1 & Master 1 X 2
    Th 13 Accounts 3 x 75/75/50/25|34>/54>/25>/16>|6/10/1/0

Quote Originally Posted by helldestroyer View Post
    It is the strongest strat at the moment, but it hasnt broken the game - just base builders need time to adapt
    Ah, The cheapest argument of them all. Like basebuilders ever adapted to the Zap meta, right...

Super Wizards need to have their capacity increased to 12 or even 15. This will also impact the super ridiculous Golem SuperWiz spam with the new Log Launcher that is also a bit out of hand.
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; January 1st, 2021 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Ah, The cheapest argument of them all. Like basebuilders ever adapted to the Zap meta, right...

Super Wizards need to have their capacity increased to 12 or even 15. This will also impact the super ridiculous Golem SuperWiz spam with the new Log Launcher that is also a bit out of hand.
    Yeah just increase it's capacity and make it useless like super archers,sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Yeah just increase it's capacity and make it useless like super archers,sounds good.
    Useless, eh? More like balanced.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #187

As is almost always the case when somebody here says something is "needed", what you actually mean is that you would like to see it.

The 15 is so far away from needed, that I don't think there is the slightest possibility SC will do it. If they DO decide to nerf it by increasing size, I am sure that 12 is the largest they will go, as that would reduce the number possible in CC to 3 without completely destroying other strategies.

If they are going to nerf it, I would prefer they do so by stopping the chain attack hitting invisible targets, but that apoarently has knock on effects on edrags.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #188
    No, they would be useless. But then, your ideas of "balanced" generally have no real relationship to anything normal players think of as balanced.

That would just balance the game play for the top players..
    it would once again leave a large chunk of players, whom recently started to see some more success with their raids, see their game fall into mediocrity again.

Whether the correct way to balance the game is to focus on hit points/dps, measure troop/spell combinations vs defensive set up and values, or whatever..
    What SC do need to be doing IMV is set up the game in such a way as to keep the game fun and playable for sufficient numbers of players as to ensure the longer term health and continuance of the game.

And SC carry the data.. They can monitor trends..
    The nerf/buff cycle is a normal part of the game..
    January's cwl will be the first event since the update..
    It is understandable that they wont wish to bring out the hammer until they have something definite to base their changes on, rather than the opinions of a few whom frequent community forum..
    It would also be understandable if they didnt shape the game based on what the top 1 or 2% of the player base would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No, they would be useless. But then, your ideas of "balanced" generally have no real relationship to anything normal players think of as balanced.
    Let me ask you something since you're the paragon of the average player.
    Has or has not TH 13 been the easiest endgame TH in the history of Clash of Clans by a wide wide margin and does it get easier and easier with every update?
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; January 1st, 2021 at 02:56 PM.