Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan games rewards not worth the grind

Fighting for the forums to stay open. #WeLuvForums #ScrewReddit
    It's good enough as is.

I'd recommend choosing quick challenges that you can complete if you would raid in multiplayer anyway. If not, do builder base challenges because you don't need to wait for an army, you can get it done anytime.
    Why is Supercell closing the forums? They just hate all the Hog Rider nerf threads so they close down the entire CR forum, and spoiler alert: There are no tags for a Balance Change suggestion in Reddit. Let's stay connected thru Discord, and fight for cause! https://discord.gg/uWhQaUX And ClashOfHolmes is amazing at sigs! Too bad the forums are closing! (There are no sigs in Reddit.)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    Not sure the time tables you have are accurate for anyone that is high level and in titan or higher. When in Titan...clouds take to long to do anything you mentioned. Also when was the last time you saw: exposed wardens, exposed TH. Sniping the gold mines is possible....but with clouds is annoying for such little points. So doing the events you listed...based on current clouds.....30-45 minutes online at a minimum. Most likely longer because no one has TH on the outside of their base anymore (well for the last 3 years).
    I am always in Titan League. There are certainly 5-15 seconds of clouds during first and second day of Clan Games, but that's it. There are quite a lot of exposed GW altar in Titan league, destroying few buildings before the GW altar is an exposed GW altar. You just need to use AQ and GW ability. There are many other Challenges which you can complete by snipping, like killing Heroes, destroying any buildings except TH (I agree no one have exposed TH nowadays). But still, you can choose which challenge you can complete by snipping while you have Village Guard on.

3 Gems is a HUGE price, when you are saving up for the 500 Gem BOH (for my TH12). Also it will rarely be 3 gems till you find a good one. It will likely be 9-18 gems to find a good event. Like I said I have 3 accounts. When I finish and event, I immediately trash a terrible event....the goal being to allow one of my other accounts to get a better option. So I know clearing 3 events isn't enough.

What I have found is that towards the last day, SC tends to allow the large ones to cycle through faster. (I've seen my one account pull an event and complete it and my next account sees the same even pop in).
    Fully agree. 3 gems and 10 minutes cooldown is an issue if you have a less active Clan that took very few challenge, so the board never get refreshed like how it was a "bug in the past.

Who has time to play for 90 minutes? I don't think people wait...but rather we log on, pick what's available, attack, log off. In a few hours (4-8 hrs later), we repeat. In all the clans I've been in, I've never seen anyone stay online for longer than 10 minutes outside of discussing/planning war attacks.
    A lot of people have the time to play for 90 minutes or few hours on a daily basis. We just don't know how many people could, but definitely thousands or ten of thousands, if not millions.

Overall, I like the concept of clan games and am not complaining. I'm just saying I think that this games and the last clan games were designed to be too much of a grind....based on the evidence I provided.
    Which evidence? You mean below statement? Because it is no evident, it's pure feeling. You haven't shown the CG is more grindy than previous CG, you just showed the current CG challenges on your Clan Board. It is just 12 challenges that doesn't show the whole big picture of overall CG.

FYI...the clan games seem to be having more and more lower points lately.
    This all boils down to your definition of "grind". What this post is discussing. For some grind=how hard something is (3 star under 60 sec), for some grind=endurance (2 million gold or 16 stars), for others grind=how monotonous something is (lots of 100 pointers taking 2 or more attacks each).

For me and this clan games: grind = monotonous. it is basically lots of little events....like we are chopping down a tree with a ice pick.
    Again, this is pure feeling and not fact. There are Challenges which is not worth your time (as explained by you), but there are also challenges which provides better value and thus worth more points. Choose those challenges, and ignore those that you think is not worth your time.

Pro Member
    I'm hearing from friends that the rewards were not to exciting and couple clans are not going to reach max reward level for the first time. My clan is way done and nobody is saying much. Some wanted a hero book. I find games a grind on accounts that I don't play much anymore. But usually boost an hour and get there.

Wish I could help my friends, but one game is all that's allowed. I have no need for the rewards. It's all going to gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdose419 View Post
    Especially the last few months , those games can be a ton of work the rewards for it should be better IMO itís hard to get ppl excited enough about them to really bother maxing out
    Agree. I only get the minimum points possible and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    Agree. I only get the minimum points possible and call it good.
    And that is what is called leeching, something that most clans don't fancy. It's a clan/team effort, everybody should pitch in, and not just for 35 or 50 points

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    And that is what is called leeching, something that most clans don't fancy. It's a clan/team effort, everybody should pitch in, and not just for 35 or 50 points
    Many clans don't like it, but not sure about "most". There are also many, like ours, who positively encourage players to take a chalkenge if they haven't done so near the end. That attitude might be different if we hadn't reached the final tier, but we always do.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Many clans don't like it, but not sure about "most". There are also many, like ours, who positively encourage players to take a chalkenge if they haven't done so near the end. That attitude might be different if we hadn't reached the final tier, but we always do.
    Ah, the big Clans small Clans routine.

Clan Games does benefitted players in Bigger Clans than those in smaller Clans. From the rewards perspective, it's the same. But from effort wise, it is pretty different. Those in Smaller Clans (maybe 15-20 actives) have to do heavy lifting every CG, because if they are not getting max points, they will risk their clans not getting maximum rewards. The Bigger Clans forever won't have such issue, but obviously Clans with full members or more than 30 actives is not the norm too. The fact that usually CG required at least 13 players to complete means that the average actives in "Most" Clan is slightly above 13, no?
    Nope, I don't have the numbers or statistics (before you purposely asked in vain knowing I don't have it).

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Ah, the big Clans small Clans routine.

Clan Games does benefitted players in Bigger Clans than those in smaller Clans. From the rewards perspective, it's the same. But from effort wise, it is pretty different. Those in Smaller Clans (maybe 15-20 actives) have to do heavy lifting every CG, because if they are not getting max points, they will risk their clans not getting maximum rewards. The Bigger Clans forever won't have such issue, but obviously Clans with full members or more than 30 actives is not the norm too. The fact that usually CG required at least 13 players to complete means that the average actives in "Most" Clan is slightly above 13, no?
    Nope, I don't have the numbers or statistics (before you purposely asked in vain knowing I don't have it).
    Well there were apparently over 2 million clans competing in CWL in the last year, so there are plenty with at least 15 wanting to war at that level of intensity. And quite a lot of those at the lower levels (Masters 1 and down) will have been 30 member wars.

I don't know what the average size of active clan is either, but I suspect it is more likely to be in the region of 30 or so active players than 15.

But I completely agree tat smaller clans can't afford to have people not doing the full amount. You need a minimum of 13, and with that many they ALL need to get very close to 4K. With more, you can have quite a few not doing so. We had 9 reach max this time (and one more who will do so if he gets one more decent challenge in. With 28 of us completing at least one challenge.

But the only point I was making above is that while there are certainly many clans who object to "leechers", there are also many who don't, and ate least some who positively encourage them, and we can have no real idea which faction represents "most", or even if any does.

I didn't enjoy the Clan Games this month, so I didn't bother maxing out all of my accounts this month. I don't typically complain about freebies, but I didn't feel like "putting in work" for a book of spells.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    I didn't enjoy the Clan Games this month, so I didn't bother maxing out all of my accounts this month. I don't typically complain about freebies, but I didn't feel like "putting in work" for a book of spells.
    Odd. Lab tends to be a bottleneck. Books of spells or fighting are ones I look forward to on my mini.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22