Thread: Avoiding Valley bombs

Avoiding Valley bombs

Is there a way to avoid opening gifts in valley without hitting bombs? I heard there was some method to collect all gifts without opening/touching a bomb. But i dont know it exactly. If any of you know about it, can you please tell me. TIA

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00180. Run silent, run deep
    I use a tool often to solve problems and activate critical thinking skills. It's called my brain.

IIRC, the first round has six cards and one bomb so I have 1 in 6 chances or 16.7% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 5 cards left so I have 1 in 5 chances or 20% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 4 cards left so I have 1 in 4 chances or 25% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 3 cards left so I have 1 in 3 chances or 33.3% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 2 cards left so I have 1 in 2 chances or 50% of choosing the bomb card. I don't push my luck and walk away with 4 prizes.

The above scenario assumes that Lady Luck smiles on me. In the past, when she didn't, I chose the bomb card on the first or second try. So I must account for the luck variable by relying on my intuition and asking myself, "Do I feel lucky now?"

May the odds and luck be ever in your favor.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 18th, 2020 at 02:21 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

I would assume that the first opened card is never a bomb (like in minesweeper!). At least I haven't seen a bomb with first opened card in any round. Or am I just lucky?

I don't believe there is any legit way to avoid bombs otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I use a tool often to solve problems and activate critical thinking skills. It's called my brain.

IIRC, the first round has six cards and one bomb so I have 1 in 6 chances or 16.7% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 5 cards left so I have 1 in 5 chances or 20% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 4 cards left so I have 1 in 4 chances or 25% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 3 cards left so I have 1 in 3 chances or 33.3% of choosing the bomb card.

The odds are in my favor so I choose the card and get the prize. Now there are 2 cards left so I have 1 in 2 chances or 50% of choosing the bomb card. I don't push my luck and walk away with 4 prizes.

The above scenario assumes that Lady Luck smiles on me. In the past, when she didn't, I chose the bomb card on the first or second try. So I must account for the luck variable by relying on my intuition and asking myself, "Do I feel lucky now?"

May the odds and luck be ever in your favor.
    You're brave to choose a forth card. After getting 3 cards without a bomb, I just go to the next round. Then, I'm only bold enough to choose 2 more. I did try my luck, and make it to the third round once...but I think that time I losed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymini View Post
    Is there a way to avoid opening gifts in valley without hitting bombs? I heard there was some method to collect all gifts without opening/touching a bomb. But i dont know it exactly. If any of you know about it, can you please tell me. TIA
    i go three and then onto round 2. If I hit bomb spend 5 diamonds and walk into round two with all remaining round one prizes. If round two has puzzle piece or land permit, I play until get bomb, puzzle piece or land permit at which point I quit. Only other scenario is donít get any of those but qualify for round three which I immediately go to.

if round three same scenario. More likely to get land permit but also more bombs. Play to one outcome or the other. Never try to play beyond getting one land permit.