Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: anyone else think forum activity is decreasing?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    ...No, you're not supposed to read minds, but this particular term being considered toxic was a pretty popular topic on the forum for a long time and even right at the time you used it. This thread was created exactly 3 days before your post (July 19th, 2017: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...eally-scare-me) and I believe there was even a sticky thread announcement from Lach specifically about this topic at one time. There are many terms, phrases and language that are inappropriate, inflammatory or vulgar which is part of the judgment calls that moderators make.
    IIRC, Lach posted the thread in the CR subforum and notified us that the forum moderators would increase their presence to mitigate the toxicity in the CR subforum. I was stunned because I didn't recall the last time a forum moderator had made such a damning observation about a specific subforum. To this date, I struggle to understand how the game triggers such toxic posts in the community including the CR subreddit.

BTW, I bookmarked Lach's thread, but it's unavailable because of the closure of the CR subforum.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Moving-forward
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    That's part of what Cowslips explained earlier.

We've had this happen before where a member wanted an old infraction reconsidered and the issuing moderator is no longer a moderator, and I know you fall into this category, too. We decided then we'd just discuss it as a group and we'd address it. You can message any moderator and we'll discuss it.

As for why we would change our minds, it happens all the time. Just as often, we'll reverse an old infraction even when we haven't changed our minds. I've had members message me and say something to the effect, "It's been a long time since I received this infraction and I haven't had any other problems since. Would you mind reconsidering it?" and I've done it. I might still feel that the old infraction was warranted, but if the member isn't a problem, I feel no need to leave the infraction hanging over their head. Because ultimately, that's the point of the infraction system. It's not to just move members one step closer to a ban - because in truth, we could ban a member at any time if we felt it were warranted. It's to get a member to realize that they should modify their approach to the forum, so it's a better place for everybody.

No, you're not supposed to read minds, but this particular term being considered toxic was a pretty popular topic on the forum for a long time and even right at the time you used it. This thread was created exactly 3 days before your post (July 19th, 2017: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...eally-scare-me) and I believe there was even a sticky thread announcement from Lach specifically about this topic at one time. There are many terms, phrases and language that are inappropriate, inflammatory or vulgar which is part of the judgment calls that moderators make.

The issuing moderator could have handled it a number of ways including issuing a warning. How each handles it really depends on the circumstances. And I believe in this instance, your timing probably couldn't have been worse since it was right in the middle of us trying to get the Clash Royale forum under control and in the midst of numerous discussions on toxic language. I get that you don't like the decision, and you could certainly have raised that objection back then or after a reasonable amount of time, or even as you have now. We've always allowed members to discuss infractions with us and many members have had infractions reconsidered and reversed. That option is still available to you.

For my own part, I like the forum much, much better when things aren't left to spiral out of control. It was my opinion then as it is now, that what doomed the Clash Royale section of the forum was the rampant toxicity and the heaps of disrespect paid toward staff. Everything was "cancer". Everything was "trash". And anyone who struggled in the game was dismissed with a rude "git gud" post that was also deemed toxic and also discussed two days before the "cancer" thread (July 17th, 2017: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-as-insulting). Posts were far from reasonable or considerate as each member attempted to one-up each other to post the most egregious comments and in the nastiest of ways. We were fortunate that it didn't boil over into the Clash of Clans part of the forum, and moderators worked diligently to keep that from happening.

In the end, though, you weren't banned from the forum and you have the option to cleanup your old record. I think that's a reasonable solution. And if given a choice between a stricter forum where some members (or former members) aren't happy, and one that was getting out of control and many more members were even less happy, I'd obviously choose the former. We used to have lots of threads like these (see below), but I don't know when the last time was I saw a thread complaining about how toxic the forum has become.

Don't be toxic?
    The forum community is toxic.
    Let's all agree to disagree.... people are way too toxic on here anymore.
    This forum has gone toxic!
    Most toxic forum in existence...
    Toxicness in the forum, and why it will never be fixed.
    July 18th, 2017
    We need to talk about the CR Forums
    August 18th, 2017
    The toxicity of the Clash Royale forum
    September 4, 2017
    An interesting observation

By the way, I hope you do take us up on the option of discussing any infractions you may want reconsidered. I think you'll likely be surprised at the way it is handled, and I, personally, think there's been more than enough water under the bridge where old missteps needn't be held against you.
    Even though I have had a couple issues with moderators, I have to admit at how shocked i am of the respect and kindness they really put out into the community, and how reluctant they are to actually hand out even a warning, let alone an infraction.

I have been to forums where infractions(on other forums its usually called something else) are handed out like candy to the smallest offense.

all in all i completely agree with your statements on the moderator's process here.
    Last edited by chilepepper101; January 14th, 2021 at 08:02 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

In the end the reversing of an infraction is just basically to be nice and make the person not have to see it anymore anyway. After all, if the person really did learn their lesson and won't do it again and/or got it for the wrong reason from some mod that isn't even here anymore, the player then has no worries about getting 5 infractions. I don't doubt some infractions at times are debatable. Moderators are human after all, well most of them anyway haha. However, I would find it hard to believe anyone has ever gotten 5 infractions and banned and didn't "deserve" it. That's a lot of infractions.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

It's true, the mods are very great at dealing with things in the nicest way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    It's true, the mods are very great at dealing with things in the nicest way possible.

It Is a bit annoying, however, when one of your posts gets deleted for whatever reason, and your not notified. while i know its in the rules that mods have the rights to not provide any notice, its still a tiny, yet persistent itch on my arm.

but 99.9% of the time the mods on here make the right decisions. and the other .1% generally gets fixed asap if possible
    Last edited by chilepepper101; January 14th, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop

We have 22 registered members online as i write this post, it's crazy remembering that back in 2016-2017 we would have hundreds of thousands storming the forum everytime they dropped an update.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibrani View Post
    We have 22 registered members online as i write this post, it's crazy remembering that back in 2016-2017 we would have hundreds of thousands storming the forum everytime they dropped an update.
    There are over 6300 users currently online. Just because there are only 22 members doesn't mean anything. As I said I don't login unless I am posting so I am considered a guest when viewing most of the time. I would guess most others do the same and the most users ever on this site at the same time was 182,725 on 4 Dec 2015.

You can find that information at the bottom of the link while logged in under what's going on.
    https://forum.supercell.com/index.php
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; January 16th, 2021 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrani View Post
    Unfortunately for those of us who prefer the forums, we don’t get anything exclusive anymore and the update information is available at the same time on other platforms, plus in-game.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    There are over 6300 users currently online. Just because there are only 22 members doesn't mean anything. As I said I don't login unless I am posting so I am considered a guest when viewing most of the time. I would guess most others do the same and the most users ever on this site at the same time was 182,725 on 4 Dec 2015.

You can find that information at the bottom of the link while logged in under what's going on.
    https://forum.supercell.com/index.php

may i ask why you log out? it seems just like an extra, unnecessary step to me.

I actually missed you guys. Not as much as I miss Knight Rider but close.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Unfortunately for those of us who prefer the forums, we don’t get anything exclusive anymore and the update information is available at the same time on other platforms, plus in-game.

Which was one of the great attractions here wasn't it? I also love how personal the forums are compared to more anonymous social media platforms where long posts and discussions are tougher. On the plus side SC could have pulled the plug on this place some time ago so at least they are still providing a home for you waifs and strays. Lets be honest if they did shut it down now during the Pandemic Sharky and Ajax would be driving their families insane moderating them at the dinner table!