Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Chat censorship

Unfortunate situation. Sadly the only recourse our clan would have is to kick the player. We definitely would not tolerate such nonsense.
    I am amazed that SC would implement such a thing before testing. It hurts the players and hurts the clans.

Fresh Spawn
    Absolutely!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Since the last update, filtering is automatically "on" regardless of your setting, if you have any clan members who are both under the age of 16 and from the USA.

And yes, the filtering is rather over-aggressive. Apparently SC are looking at changing this aspect, but the filter will be staying if you have such a player, due to US regulations.
    This is it in a nut shell.. its here to stay, maybe it can/will be tweaked, but its not going away.
    Only current way to resolve is remove the underage player.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

This just started happening to me and my clan. This is extremely frustrating. If you want to filter the clan chat for kids by all means do so, but it is censoring words that shouldn't be censored at all. I can't tell my clan to join my discord and we can't communicate at all. The censorship is way too critical. If you want to censor it for one person, fine, but not the whole entire clan. That makes zero sense. The fact that this hasn't been changed since October really upsets me.

https://paste.pics/e6c05755c0f5c15899f90c2053867a0b
    Last edited by Vanix0609; 1 Week Ago at 07:22 PM.

Is it just US players? Because I had this happen in one of my clans, and the underage person left and joined a clan from another country that was not English speaking. I assumed that it was all players 16 and under.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathLily View Post
    Is it just US players? Because I had this happen in one of my clans, and the underage person left and joined a clan from another country that was not English speaking. I assumed that it was all players 16 and under.
    US clasher must verify their age (i dont know how) and those who are under 16 have these censorship and bring it to the clan they are in or join (no matter of region the clan is). As long as these player are in the clan the whole chat is censored. Once they leave the censorship will be removed.

Sc works onhow to fix the censorship to make it better.

How can you tell which user is underage and remove them? Or is it just keep removing appropriately aged players until we stumble upon the member(s)?

This happened to us recently as well. Would love to have a clan option to not allow those under 16 in the clan. Two recent conversations kept getting censored - one about siege machines and the other about lightning and air defenses. Talking clash of clans is pretty mature content apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrigade View Post
    This happened to us recently as well. Would love to have a clan option to not allow those under 16 in the clan. Two recent conversations kept getting censored - one about siege machines and the other about lightning and air defenses. Talking clash of clans is pretty mature content apparently.
    "Head Hunters", "Kill Squad", and so many other common terms used in Clash is filtered. Even CoC is filtered - lol. An option to not allow anyone 16 or younger would really solve a lot of these issues.