Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Chat censorship

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Leghorn View Post
    So, between yesterday and today, the words yes and church (among others) have become offensive to minors. Something happened between yesterday and today to make this happen.
    It means you don't read any other posts, just post your own rants. If you did read you would have noticed the post above your first one and before this one for the answer.

Fresh Spawn
    No, that is not true. I read the previous posts. We have had minor players in our clan who are in the US for months. None had joined that day or the day before. So, did SC change their policy overnight? Suddenly, the words our US minors have to be protected from are: wife, husband, marriage, church, synagogue, yes.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #103
    No, that is not true. I read the previous posts. We have had minor players in our clan who are in the US for months. None had joined that day or the day before. So, did SC change their policy overnight? Suddenly, the words our US minors have to be protected from are: wife, husband, marriage, church, synagogue, yes.
    Anybody who started playing prior to the update where this was introduced did not have to give their age, so the game does not know about them. It is only newish players under the age of 16 from the US who affect this.

Fresh Spawn
    Amazing, SC did something. Today “yes” is allowed.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00180. Run silent, run deep
    Amazing, SC did something. Today “yes” is allowed.
    Thank you for the update. It's good to read that your journey with CoC may continue.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

apparently 'phone' is now a swear word

this is stupid. surely people who can make a game this clever can figure out how not to ban non-cusswords

run some tests Supercell! You can figure this out!

Because this filter is so rudimentary, we now can't have kids of the members join, so as not to affect the clash experience of others. Totally unacceptable. Give us a clan setting so we can pick our language or country, and then only filter the relevant cuss words. It can't be that hard.

Clan censorship

We are also experiencing this as well. I can understand profanity being censored, what I don't understand is the censoring of random words that are not profanity. This is happening repeatedly and is starting to become very annoying. If you need a correct full list of profanity for the filter to check, I'm more than happy to provide you with one on what I think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbono79 View Post
    We are also experiencing this as well. I can understand profanity being censored, what I don't understand is the censoring of random words that are not profanity. This is happening repeatedly and is starting to become very annoying. If you need a correct full list of profanity for the filter to check, I'm more than happy to provide you with one on what I think about this.
    You have a program that filters curse words in thousands of languages including shortened forms and other ways people use to try to get a curse word around the filter? If so, SC probably is interested. It seems the one they use for chat has a lot of problems, though much of that is expected, I think.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.