Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Chat censorship

Fresh Spawn

Can't say wife, spouse, or married in chat

So idk why this is a thing but I cannot say that I have a wife, spouse, or that I am married in my clan chat. I highly doubt this is a bug of some kind but it's an unnecessary censor that should not be a thing.

I had this issue too I tried saying I was gonna go to my girlfriends to hang out so I had to get off and it wouldn’t let me, I also couldn’t say relationship I got really annoyed

Looks like they ramped up the sensorship to a ridiculous level

It is because of new rules in usa since last summer.
    Clasher from usa must verify their age. If they are under 16 then the clanchat will be censored → for everyone in clan.

Good news:
    Sc is working to make censorship better but it is unknown how long it will take. You hwill have to wait or kick the young one out of your clan.

oooooooh no no NO. this is just plain ridiculous.

What kind of law is the US putting in place that censors relationship?? vulgar language or sexual things I Definitely get. even toddler "potty language" censoring is understandable. but censoring words that are even remotely related to romance and related things is just plain NO. there is simply no word i can come up with to describe how i feel about this than NO.

I mean, i know chat sensors can detect "hidden meanings" or slang terms and sensor them, but relationship? wife??? what kind of hidden meaning am i missing in those words??

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

As i said sc works to fix. The strange censorship has been reported since that update and all we know is that sc is aware works on fix.
    Not known how much time it will take.

Take a look at the third post.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-too-sensitive

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    oooooooh no no NO. this is just plain ridiculous.

What kind of law is the US putting in place that censors relationship?? vulgar language or sexual things I Definitely get. even toddler "potty language" censoring is understandable. but censoring words that are even remotely related to romance and related things is just plain NO. there is simply no word i can come up with to describe how i feel about this than NO.

I mean, i know chat sensors can detect "hidden meanings" or slang terms and sensor them, but relationship? wife??? what kind of hidden meaning am i missing in those words??
    Ridiculous it certainly is.

The problem is that the censor must work to filter out offensive words in dozens of languages. While some words in English may seem fine they often contain an offensive word in another language. For example, a recent post here complained that he could he couldn’t type out the name Dominique. A common name in many countries. That name contains a very bad word in another language and therefore must be filtered. When common English words are censored in chat it’s almost always because they contain an offensive word or slang term from another language. Yes it sucks. Hopefully SC is able to tweak the current system to make basic conversations possible again.

I honestly don’t think this is out of bounds for system implementation. It is really easy for a company to put a lock setting when anyone under 16 says they are under 16 in account creation. If we really want to go the route of “not possible” then they really need to work on the filter itself. It quite literally does not work. It will filter completely fine words, half of a word with even half of the next word being taken out with it, or just not filter things that are actually “curse words”. I can’t write a normal message without something getting taken out. The option of a filter has been a thing for a while and has had plenty of time to get worked on. This needs a fix immediately!

Stars coming in clan chat

Dear Supercell Team,

I do not know why is this happening but in my clan so many chats are indicated as stars (*). It shows stars without even using bad words. Some words like "OK", "URL", etc. shows as stars and sometimes even whole sentences comes as stars. Please help me to fix this.

And this is happening with all players not only with me. Also I tried to chat in other clan, there is not any problem but this is only in my clan.

Clan Tag: #2YJV2LYCL

Thank You
    Last edited by kodilearn; January 30th, 2021 at 09:43 AM.

Forum Superstar
    This is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    A change was made last update. If you have anyone in your clan who is 16 or under and lives in the US then your clan chat will be heavily censored. This is due to laws passed in the US and was not a decision made by SC. The censor is very harsh. SC has said they will work to make it a bit better but I wouldn’t hold my breath for any serious improvements.