Thread: bold idea: allow neighbors ability to finish your tasks

Fresh Spawn

bold idea: allow neighbors ability to finish your tasks

So often fellow neighbors get busy and sometimes can't finish derby tasks. Why not allow a neighbor to grant other neighbors (whomever they choose) to give them access to their farm in such a way that they can maybe finish a fishing task, or tap on some townies to finish a task, etc.. The possibilities are actually endless in this regard and it'd be completely up to each individual farmer as to who they'd grant access to. Typically I'd expect only friends would allow other friends to do such things, but if there's no security risk, it seems it'd be a convenient feature.

I believe this idea has been ruled out for the time being or something similar where a farm can take control of another farmís responsibilities.
    Last edited by Hello2theworld; December 10th, 2020 at 09:53 PM.
    My Farm:
    HELLO
    #JV08PUP
    lvl 72

Millennial Club
    Given account sharing is a banned offence how can supercell allow your suggestion?
    You are completing with other neighbourhoods here, and your/their player failing tasks is sometimes how others can get ahead on the board.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Bad idea. The derby tasks should be completed by the people that took them. If your neighbors are too busy (or lazy) to finish their tasks then they need to opted out or booted to make way for active players.

Fresh Spawn

I disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by Timber716 View Post
    Bad idea. The derby tasks should be completed by the people that took them. If your neighbors are too busy (or lazy) to finish their tasks then they need to opted out or booted to make way for active players.

I have friends in real life who play this game and there are times when stuff comes up at the last second, a family member gets ill, a dog dies, whatever the case may be, it's not about someone being lazy or forecasting that they'd be too busy to participate. It's about being able to help them out when they're unable to do so themselves.

Millennial Club
    The derby supposed to be efforts of each player... the winner with the most points from each of the team members effort wins.
    Every individual in the team needs to put in their effort as best they can. If one players best effort sees them miss a task for whatever reason, then that’s their effort as best they could.
    The winner is decided based on this.
    You can’t have it that other players can play other accounts to get tasks done.

Clan:

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Given account sharing is a banned offence how can supercell allow your suggestion?
    You are completing with other neighbourhoods here, and your/their player failing tasks is sometimes how others can get ahead on the board.
    It's not about account sharing. I wouldn't be logging in as my neighbor.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello2theworld View Post
    I believe this idea has been ruled out for the time being or something similar where a farm can take control of another farm’s responsibilities.
    You believe or you know? Because I imagine the same way we can fill crates, help townies, or fulfil truck orders for others, developers should be able to find a way for one neighbor to help another in this manner. I get what you're saying, it sort of would be a (temporary) takeover, but maybe there's a timer set to it, or maybe one neighbor grants that other neighbor permission. It's not about hacking or anything with malicious intent, and it's not about running their farm for days on end; it's really about helping a neighbor in a pinch. Temporarily. So those in derbies shouldn't be that affected by it if it's developed properly.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerpeteHD View Post
    It's not about account sharing. I wouldn't be logging in as my neighbor.
    I understand that you are not wanting to log in as the neighbour, but you are accessing their farm, and doing stuff for them... that’s as good as account sharing.
    if SC allow this, they may as well just say, share accounts.

Clan:

Quote Originally Posted by farmerpeteHD View Post
    You believe or you know? Because I imagine the same way we can fill crates, help townies, or fulfil truck orders for others, developers should be able to find a way for one neighbor to help another in this manner. I get what you're saying, it sort of would be a (temporary) takeover, but maybe there's a timer set to it, or maybe one neighbor grants that other neighbor permission. It's not about hacking or anything with malicious intent, and it's not about running their farm for days on end; it's really about helping a neighbor in a pinch. Temporarily. So those in derbies shouldn't be that affected by it if it's developed properly.

In the list of ideas that have been ruled out for the time being, it says exactly under the farm features category, ď[o]therwise taking over another farmís responsibilitiesĒ