Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is coc becoming more pay to win ??

  1. #101
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrosetentoes View Post
    Let's say that it is free for you to go watch a movie. Now right in the middle of this movie there is a 30 minute commercial. So is this movie really free to watch? Or are you paying time in order to see the movie? Let's add an option where you can skip or shorten the commercial if you pay. Is this movie still free to watch or is it pay to watch or pay with time?

    Isn't one of the main goals in the game to level up to max? Sure you can enjoy the "journey," but you can also enjoy being maxed. Being maxed isn't the end game unless you are someone who just wants the new toys. Again I've only been trying to explain the game as it is. That being that this game is optimized towards pay to play or pay for advantage.
    Well, if I went to a movie that had a commercial in the middle of it, I know I would use that time to go to the bathroom and/or the concessions stand. I'm sure many others would do the same. Therefore, the 30 minute commercial (which is an overly excessive amount of time for a commercial) would be a benefit for me and I'd think nothing more of it.

    But, back to the main point which you seem to not understand: pay-to-win means that paying players get a permanent "thing" or "goodie" which gives them a distinct advantage that non-paying players can never get without spending.
    Imagine a game where the best weapons, armor, etc. can only be acquired by using real world currency. That would be pay-to-win because all of the non-paying players can never get the best of anything.

    Now, what exact, permanent "thing" or "goodie" which gives an advantage does a paying-player in CoC get that a non-paying player can never get without spending? Hero skins? Those don't give any gameplay advantage.
    Scenery? Again, no gameplay advantage.
    Decoration? Yet again, no gameplay advantage.

    Paying players get to the "end" game faster than non-paying players, but guess what? Non-paying players can get to the "end" game too. How is this pay-to-win again?
    Last edited by joemann8478; December 10th, 2020 at 09:02 PM.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    484
    This thread is at an impasse. The OP at this rate could state the sky is red and tell us we're all wrong because we say its blue

    His clan lost by 4 stars. FOUR STARS. Over the total course of SEVEN DAYS. Please stop playing victim here that's why you lost. If you were in a 15v15 you had 105 total war attacks (315 maximum stars). If you were in a 30v30 you had 210 total war attacks (630 maximum stars). And those stars are before any daily win bonus stars. Are you saying the opponents you faced that maybe did in fact spend real money to max is the reason in the 315 or 620 total opportunity stars to earn, those are the 4 stars that cost you the war????

  3. #103
    Centennial Club KingDMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    This thread is at an impasse. The OP at this rate could state the sky is red and tell us we're all wrong because we say its blue
    The sky isn't blue! The earth isn't flat! COC isn't p2w!

  4. #104
    Forum Champion LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Posts
    5,068
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    This thread is at an impasse. The OP at this rate could state the sky is red and tell us we're all wrong because we say its blue...
    I'm surprised this thread is active since Darian posted examples of P2W scenarios about 15 hours ago.

    For those who missed it, here's the link to Darian's post.

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12726391


    ---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    December 10, 2020
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

  5. #105
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrosetentoes View Post
    Let's say that it is free for you to go watch a movie. Now right in the middle of this movie there is a 30 minute commercial. So is this movie really free to watch? Or are you paying time in order to see the movie?
    What are you trying to say?
    Paying with time is different with paying with money. We all have to spend time in this game, for F2P who didn't spend any money, it is still free to play, even though they have to spend more time playing tor each max level. This part is clear and isn't related to this whole argument on this thread. This thread is about whether this game is F2P vs P2W, whereas your argument is about F2P vs P2P.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redrosetentoes View Post
    Let's add an option where you can skip or shorten the commercial if you pay. Is this movie still free to watch or is it pay to watch or pay with time?
    Then the second part, in your analogy, if you pay to skip the commercial, then obviously it is no longer free to watch, it becomes pay to watch. Back to Clash however, it is totally different with the term "Pay to Win". While in your analogy by paying it ensure you skip the commercial, in Clash paying doesn't guarantee you winning. So your argument totally missed the mark.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redrosetentoes View Post
    Isn't one of the main goals in the game to level up to max? Sure you can enjoy the "journey," but you can also enjoy being maxed. Being maxed isn't the end game unless you are someone who just wants the new toys. Again I've only been trying to explain the game as it is. That being that this game is optimized towards pay to play or pay for advantage.
    Pay for advantage, partially correct. Paying doesn't ensure winning, but give you slightly higher chance to win (depending what are the new toys and how much it impacted to game play, if it's New Army Camp level then it gives you better advantage to win temporarily by paying).

    Pay to play, incorrect. You don't have to pay to play, you have the option to play freely and still reach the same level of players that spend money (which is the max level).


    Quote Originally Posted by Redrosetentoes View Post
    If you have an advantage, that means your probability of winning goes up. If your chances of winning are higher than non payers, then it could be said that you fall under the umbrella of pay to win. Obviously you're not guaranteed a win, but you are at an advantage to win. So I would consider it as pay to win, but if people feel better using pay for advantage so be it.
    No. It only falls under the umbrella of pay to win when you are sure to win by paying. How could it falls under Pay to Win when you didn't win all the time by paying? Advantage isn't equal to winning.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; December 11th, 2020 at 01:26 AM.

  6. #106
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm surprised this thread is active since Darian posted examples of P2W scenarios about 15 hours ago.

    For those who missed it, here's the link to Darian's post.

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12726391


    ---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    December 10, 2020
    He actually said it in post 32 also.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12725723

    At this point I would say someone is trolling.

  7. #107
    It's not P2W, but it's definitely becoming more difficult to keep up the upgrades without buying the golden ticket. 5 years ago, when we could only buy gems and special offers, I would certainly recommend this game for someone who doesn't want to spend money, since spending money had little effect on the long run.
    Today I couldn't make the same recommendation. Golden ticket is a game changer when we talk about upgrade time and game progression.
    In theory it's still not pay to win, but in reality the game changed a lot regarding the relationship between payment and reward. Bottom line: this game is not P2W, but I'm not comfortable describing it as a "F2P friendly" game anymore.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; December 11th, 2020 at 01:35 AM.

  8. #108
    Forum Champion LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Posts
    5,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    He actually said it in post 32 also.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12725723
    Thank you for pointing out Darian's previous post. I missed it.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

  9. #109
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    It's not P2W, but it's definitely becoming more difficult to keep up the upgrades without buying the golden ticket. 5 years ago, when we could only buy gems and special offers, I would certainly recommend this game for someone who doesn't want to spend money, since spending money had little effect on the long run.
    Today I couldn't make the same recommendation. Golden ticket is a game changer when we talk about upgrade time and game progression.
    In theory it's still not pay to win, but in reality the game changed a lot regarding the relationship between payment and reward. Bottom line: this game is not P2W, but I'm not comfortable describing it as a "F2P friendly" game anymore.
    With all the free magic items it now takes months to th9 which took years before. I would not have recommended this game if they didn't add magic items because of the years it took. It is still very f2p friendly, the gold pass is just more enticing with the low cost for high rewards.

  10. #110
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,128
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    It's not P2W, but it's definitely becoming more difficult to keep up the upgrades without buying the golden ticket. 5 years ago, when we could only buy gems and special offers, I would certainly recommend this game for someone who doesn't want to spend money, since spending money had little effect on the long run.
    Today I couldn't make the same recommendation. Golden ticket is a game changer when we talk about upgrade time and game progression.
    In theory it's still not pay to win, but in reality the game changed a lot regarding the relationship between payment and reward. Bottom line: this game is not P2W, but I'm not comfortable describing it as a "F2P friendly" game anymore.
    I wouldn't say its less f2p friendly. It is, however, more casual spending friendly. Prior to gold pass, I very rarely spent any money. It just wasn't a good value. That created a huge rift. Spend a lot, or spend nothing. Thus the negative attitude towards spenders. I have a mix of f2p and gold pass players in my clan. Yes, the gold pass group maxes faster. The f2p that are good farmers generally catch up. There are a lot of goodies available to f2p. Cwl medals are a huge game changer for them.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •