Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans December 2020 Update Sneak Peek #2 - The Log Launcher

Pennsylvania Ave
    Hi

Serious question: What is the advantage of the log roller over the wall wrecker? Both will wreck walls and both will wreck structures in their way. Both make a bee line to the TH.

The LR is slower by more than half, has lower hit points. and lower DPS.

Def think it must be superior to the WW, but the benefit isnt obvious at this point. Hoping for some clarity.

Thanks

EDIT - OK - I do see the wall damage is 10X instead so assumable less time getting hit
    Last edited by gamul1; December 4th, 2020 at 04:26 PM.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH13

Quote Originally Posted by ShubhamK45 View Post
    Omgggggggg.....
    Sooo, Bye Bye to Wrecker??
    As few are saying it will decay over time justike SB, is a disadvantage there, also count slower to it. But still LL got a thing upper it which is sure killer to WW. It is It's log and 20tiles range which easily overshadowing WW.

In my eyes LL is a threat to WW. By the way I was out from forum for months, I just Log in for Log Launcher.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    Hi

Serious question: What is the advantage of the log roller over the wall wrecker? Both will wreck walls and both will wreck structures in their way. Both make a bee line to the TH.

The LR is slower by more than half, has lower hit points. and lower DPS.

Def think it must be superior to the WW, but the benefit isnt obvious at this point. Hoping for some clarity.

Thanks

EDIT - OK - I do see the wall damage is 10X instead so assumable less time getting hit
    It also does splash damage.

The wall wrecker only damages the wall it is right against, while the Log Launcher will damage from a distance, and will also damage more walls (and other buildings) behind the first.

That video seems very misleading in parts. Makes it look like it only takes one shot to level a maxed wall. Scenes two and three mostly. The first scene shows a log hitting a wall without taking it out, so I guess that's something. The next two scenes show the log taking out walls though, with no apparent previous damage to them (no health meter on the walls showing).
    TH11. Clan: Omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Vonner View Post
    That video seems very misleading in parts. Makes it look like it only takes one shot to level a maxed wall. Scenes two and three mostly. The first scene shows a log hitting a wall without taking it out, so I guess that's something. The next two scenes show the log taking out walls though, with no apparent previous damage to them (no health meter on the walls showing).
    That wasn't a real attack. It's just the way of marketing when something new is launched.

Forum Legend
    Wrecker V 2.0?
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

What happens when you mix fire and lightning? Stay tuned to find out tomorrow!...... Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    ...What is the advantage of the log roller over the wall wrecker?....Def think it must be superior to the WW, but the benefit isnt obvious at this point.
    I assume sort of the opposite: SC doesn't want it to be superior to the wall wrecker as that would make the wrecker useless. Instead, they want it to be better in some situations and not others. With the reduced HP, I don't think it will be as good as the wrecker to get way inside or all the way across a base. On the other hand, with the splash damage, it might be better than the wrecker if the goal is not to get as far, but to do more damage along the way (or more damage beyond the siege).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Impressive they added another siege to TH13.

A fire breathing Super E-Dragon and an Electric firing Super Dragon ?