Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stupid Archer Queen, of all the walls, she decided to hit Highest Level wall!!

Unhappy Stupid Archer Queen, of all the walls, she decided to hit Highest Level wall!!

We all know that archer queen loves walls, but you probably might not know that she loves higher level walls more. Just see how she decided to give some love to highest level wall!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQo0a_xUxZk

When do you guys think SC will try to improve queen AI?
    Last edited by zxparesh3; December 4th, 2020 at 07:03 AM.

And the award goes to the defender who has noticed which walls troops will target.

Forum Veteran
    And people says that walls are becoming decorations

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    All attackers (not just queen) take no notice of wall level.

They will attack an already damaged wall, if there is one in the area they want to go through, but otherwise take no notice of the HP.

Queen is dumb... some things never change haha
    My biggest accomplishment in life is probably finishing 1300 global in December 2020.
    I have a YT that I post on occasionally. There's some cool stuff.
    IGN: BlackJack | Reckoned Rebel | Level 233

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    I don’t understand why it makes the AQ dumb or stupid when there’s absolutely nothing in the programming to make her choose a lower level wall over a high level one.

Perhaps applying a sense of human logic to a pixelated figure which just follows a set of rules as programmed is silly.

Maybe in this one instance you would want her to hit the lower wall but there’s others where you wouldn’t.
    Think of the consequences, you wouldn’t want such targeting rules written into her AI.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    All attackers (not just queen) take no notice of wall level.

They will attack an already damaged wall, if there is one in the area they want to go through, but otherwise take no notice of the HP.
    It's kinda silly though - I have seen troops choose a damaged wall with more hit points left than an undamaged one. I'm sure there's some consequence to this that I'm not thinking about, but seems to me if they notice damage they should also notice HP.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes

• Units will now have more accurate line of sight calculation to help with pathing.

This will be coming in this update, so maybe there is hope?

I always read these IA comments, and everyone wants it to get better, but it's a mobile game limited in program size, so I would guess to have a "perfect" AI there just is not the room to remain in the constraints of available program size. I would presume if there was unlimited size to the game, sure the AI can be made to take in a lot more situations that the troops face for more logical choices, but Imo, the development team is limited to what can be accomplished with the available tools to work with.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    It's kinda silly though - I have seen troops choose a damaged wall with more hit points left than an undamaged one. I'm sure there's some consequence to this that I'm not thinking about, but seems to me if they notice damage they should also notice HP.
    I agree, although I'm not sure how many wall segments the troops "see" in such a scenario. We know they "see" the three closest buildings and then path to the correct one, but how many wall segments do they look at before choosing one?

This could be the "consequence" you mentioned - having troops walk too far to hit a slightly damaged wall or something.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order