Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spamming Bots

Centennial Club

Spamming Bots

Bots are going in and out, leaving stupid spam. I reported these visits repeatedly, but nothing changes. Allthough these bits are spamming everywhere and will get many reports, SC doesn’t lock them down. I‘d like to keep my clan open and low in trophys, but these bots are destroying any conversation in my clan.
    Why can‘t chiefs be given the right to ban stupid accounts from their clan? I think it‘s plain domicilary right to keep unwanted out.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; December 3rd, 2020 at 09:39 PM.

1. There is no ultimate solution for sc unless they would remove whole chat feature.
    2. Danning those accounts ill not solve the issue because they will create new ones.
    3. Set your clan trophies/th higher or set it to invite only or closed.

Centennial Club
    A low-level-clan cant simply increase its recruitment-limits. No one will ever join. Its difficult enough. Ive observed a bot a little while: Im setting trophys up a notch, the bot joins later on with higher trophys either. So these bots were maintained and must be strictly deleted.
    Banning IS a solution. They might create new bots, but with a simple click to keep them out Im taking my chances.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by izy27 View Post
    A low-level-clan can‘t simply increase its recruitment-limits. No one will ever join. It‘s difficult enough. I‘ve observed a bot a little while: I‘m setting trophys up a notch, the bot joins later on with higher trophys either. So these bots were maintained and must be strictly deleted.
    Banning IS a solution. They might create new bots, but with a simple click to keep them out I‘m taking my chances.
    You can thank those who were scammed into thinking they could get a high level account for free by giving away their own accounts. Those are the "bots" you see that have high trophies.

The best thing you can do is report them.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    A low-level-clan can‘t simply increase its recruitment-limits. No one will ever join. It‘s difficult enough. I‘ve observed a bot a little while: I‘m setting trophys up a notch, the bot joins later on with higher trophys either. So these bots were maintained and must be strictly deleted.
    Banning IS a solution. They might create new bots, but with a simple click to keep them out I‘m taking my chances.
    Banning is NOT a solution.

It is (of course) done, but it doesn't solve the issue by any means, because they just create new accounts. I am sure the creators of these spam bots only expect any given account to last for a short time.

Unfortunately, there is no real solution at the moment that would not be worse than the problem.

Troll Food
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Banning is NOT a solution.

It is (of course) done, but it doesn't solve the issue by any means, because they just create new accounts. I am sure the creators of these spam bots only expect any given account to last for a short time.

Unfortunately, there is no real solution at the moment that would not be worse than the problem.
    you can't report them efficiently : they are to fast to be kicked / reported while in the clan + I may have made a hundred bots-reports, and I still see the same accounts on a daily basis (every 5 minutes)

from a programmer point of view (I am), tracking this behaviour is really easy.
    standard players don't enter/post/leave the same batch of clans (I took a look of the migration of these bots, they have a list of clan in which they iterate) all day long ...

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ronanSC View Post
    from a programmer point of view (I am), tracking this behaviour is really easy.
    As a programmer, you should be well aware of the difficulty in eradicating spam and the ingenuity of spammers to defeat anti-spam measures. No one in cyber security would use the phrase "really easy" when it comes to eradicating spam. Even if the behavior is exactly as you described, I am pretty confident that the bot scripters would simply modify the behavior. I'm also pretty confident that if it were as easy as you described, Supercell would already have solved it permanently. Let's give them a little credit. They've developed advanced systems and have cyber security partners they work with. If spam still exists, it's certainly not because they overlooked something so simple.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 749 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Centennial Club
    And how would a chiefs personal blacklist make any problem worse? It‘s MY clan. It‘s my right to kick someone who is no aporopriate member, it‘s my right to let only those in who I‘m willing to accept, but I don‘t have the right to tell some accounts to stay away? I tell you something:“It‘s all about whining foul-players who will be complaining to SC about not being let in.“

The spammer will always join open clans. A blacklist will not solve your issue because they would use a new account over and over again.
    A blacklist would only be something for some real player which you dont want to have in the clan.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    And how would a chiefs personal blacklist make any problem worse? It‘s MY clan. It‘s my right to kick someone who is no aporopriate member, it‘s my right to let only those in who I‘m willing to accept, but I don‘t have the right to tell some accounts to stay away? I tell you something:“It‘s all about whining foul-players who will be complaining to SC about not being let in.“
    Nobody is saying it would make anything worse. But it also wouldn't help significantly with this particular issue.

There are reasons why a blacklist might be good (and personally I would definitely support it), but spammers are not such.