Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Denfensive stats in cwl

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4

    Denfensive stats in cwl

    Hi
    I'd like to request whether defensive stats can be put next to offensive stats for the cwl week please.
    So it would say how many stars you gave up in your 7 defenses and the % you gave up.
    This is something I'd really like to see, and could influence the leaders of the clan where to give out the extra medals etc. As well as putting peoples bases under the spotlight to having to potentially ditch and find a new one.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,579
    Except cwl's are not matched clan vs clan, so as an example my clan has Th11s and our opponents have th12-13s as their lowers does that mean my Th11s need better bases because th12-13s 3 stared them?

  3. #3
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Except cwl's are not matched clan vs clan, so as an example my clan has Th11s and our opponents have th12-13s as their lowers does that mean my Th11s need better bases because th12-13s 3 stared them?
    Thanks for the reply.

    Yes, I guess it might not mean too much at lower levels, but in master and champs I think it could be interesting to see, and knowledge is power so to speak.

    Also your answer about getting maxed by higher th levels is the same for attacking and defending. We have attacking stats for example of th11s that get a 3 star against a th9 or th10 as well as th11s that have to go for a 2 star vs a th13 for example.
    So the attacking stats have the same problem, but are still shown whereas defensive stats aren't.
    I do get though that the stats could be pretty irrelevant when there is big gaps between top and bottom ths in wars

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    483
    In certain situations it might be helpful. For me personally, in our clan, it would not. Today we have a roster of 30 that spans from TH13 down to TH7s. If the top bases dont get attacked, but the lower guys get hit by THs higher than them, there is no indication that their base was good at defending, it was just mismatch stuff.

    This suggestion might only really help when its straight TH13s (with maybe some 12s) in it where defense can really be a differentiator.

    The defensive stat might be more useful in classic wars, and perhaps that season long defensive strength in classic wars might be a contributing factor to the overall thought of how you reward players with bonus medals. I take into account full month participation, clan games, and of course CWL, but not solely CWL. Just how I do it, I know everyone is different, some might do this, some might not.

  5. #5
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Centi81 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    Yes, I guess it might not mean too much at lower levels, but in master and champs I think it could be interesting to see, and knowledge is power so to speak.

    Also your answer about getting maxed by higher th levels is the same for attacking and defending. We have attacking stats for example of th11s that get a 3 star against a th9 or th10 as well as th11s that have to go for a 2 star vs a th13 for example.
    So the attacking stats have the same problem, but are still shown whereas defensive stats aren't.
    I do get though that the stats could be pretty irrelevant when there is big gaps between top and bottom ths in wars
    I am,ok with showing them but I would strongly recommend leaving a clan who’s leader thinks that using those stats is ok without deeper examination.

    As you say, triples either for or against are quite meaningless if simply used as is. Not only are dip attacks or attacking upward both exceptions, there is a very great difference between a freshie TH 13 and a full max 13. There is no real marked difference between a full max TH12 and a freshie TH13. Stats can drive behaviour as well. If you know that getting triples is measured, you are much more likely to dip.

    Who attacks your base is also not counted in the stats. Are you a horrid defender if by chance your fresh TH13 is always hit by a max 13? You may also be hit by their weakest player since you may be lower in the roster, that does not mean you have a great defensive base.

    Stats in and of themselves are great data points but far too many think that stats are actually telling a story when they are not.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Except cwl's are not matched clan vs clan, so as an example my clan has Th11s and our opponents have th12-13s as their lowers does that mean my Th11s need better bases because th12-13s 3 stared them?
    Myea strictly speaking it could give an indication of whether a particular base was a benefit to the cwl outcome or not. It is relevant to know if a base gives away more stars than it scores and vice versa. So, a TH11 being 3 starred in all 7 wars is OK, provided that TH11 scores close to 3x7 stars as well.

    But, basing medal bonus distribution on such a statistic? Eh, probably not a great idea.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

  7. #7
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    All valid points.

    A few times our leader has given cwl extra medals purely based on who was the top 7 in the attacking stars chart because they just didn't know who to give them to.
    Not taking into account who gets omline to tag their favourite base first etc.
    I'm just suggesting a defensive stat could possibly give another point of view.
    All our wars are th13 v th13, so I do realise I'm speaking with a degree of bias.
    We are a simple clan who doesn't use any of the stats keeping software that i know you can get, so any info that's on hand would be great.

  8. #8
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    In certain situations it might be helpful. For me personally, in our clan, it would not. Today we have a roster of 30 that spans from TH13 down to TH7s. If the top bases dont get attacked, but the lower guys get hit by THs higher than them, there is no indication that their base was good at defending, it was just mismatch stuff.

    This suggestion might only really help when its straight TH13s (with maybe some 12s) in it where defense can really be a differentiator.

    The defensive stat might be more useful in classic wars, and perhaps that season long defensive strength in classic wars might be a contributing factor to the overall thought of how you reward players with bonus medals. I take into account full month participation, clan games, and of course CWL, but not solely CWL. Just how I do it, I know everyone is different, some might do this, some might not.
    So also you would agree that the attacking stats which are shown for cwl (stars and %) are irrelevant too really with such a discrepancy in town hall levels. Yet there are clans out there who do use this information.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Centi81 View Post
    So also you would agree that the attacking stats which are shown for cwl (stars and %) are irrelevant too really with such a discrepancy in town hall levels. Yet there are clans out there who do use this information.
    I do agree. I do not give medals simply by the top star earners. Depending how the war goes, if we have mismatches (both over powered and where we might dominate), it plays a role. I take into account full scope of participation over the trailing 30 days since last CWL. But that's me. If others want a stat to make it objective, that might make it easier to thwart complaints in the clan bc everyone can see the stats and come to the same conclusion. If these defense stats existed, and it helps clans, great. I won't mind them being there, just sharing my POV as to why I wouldn't use them myself.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Centi81 View Post
    So also you would agree that the attacking stats which are shown for cwl (stars and %) are irrelevant too really with such a discrepancy in town hall levels. Yet there are clans out there who do use this information.
    I wouldn't say it's irrelevant at all how a base performs defensively (in fact players generally underestimate defense in CWL imho). Especially not if it's an all-TH13 roster, where the poor performance isn't caused by dip attacks, but largely by base design. It would be a relevant statistic to gauge whether the base design is vulnerable to specific attacks strategies.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •