Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: December zap nerf is too harsh

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Zap needed a nerf. In war and cwl what do I mostly see. Zap laloon. Zap dragon. Zap witch. Zap yeti. Zap hybrid. Zap hogs.
    So yeah tell me exactly why it shouldn’t be nerfed when almost all attacks rely on it
    I don't know which league you are in, but it certainly doesn't happen that way in Masters 2 CWL. Haven't seen a zap yet, with 8 attacks against us in 1st war this season.

Don't remember seeing many last season either. Or in regular wars in between.

Thanks supercell. first the global chat, and now the zap. I was one of the few in my clan who used the zap, I was only satisfied with destroying the clan castle. and 60% of my attacks were perfect, the rest were fail. The zap was not as broken as supercell thinks, it only gave more variety in wars, but now it seems I will have to resort to easy attacks (Massive, Spam) Congratulations on your success!

Zap needed a nerf. In war and cwl what do I mostly see. Zap laloon. Zap dragon. Zap witch. Zap yeti. Zap hybrid. Zap hogs.
    So yeah tell me exactly why it shouldnít be nerfed when almost all attacks rely on it
    Xd are you talking seriously? I am precisely one of the few in my clan who used zap because it was difficult to master it, since the zap occupied the space that could occupy a healing or a fury, with this nerf the people who use massive attacks will increase (very easy attacks ...) . Planning will no longer be needed, just throw the troops where you want and it will be the perfect attack. Although I think supercell does not take into account the complaints of users in the forums, well ... Thanks for eliminating the variety of attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Destroying the CC before the attack even begins. This makes no sense to begin with, what's the point of even having defensive troops if they can never defend.
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    Completely removing the cc from the equation before the raid even begins sometimes feels cheap considering how much of an obstacle the cc is to a sui hero push.
    Zapping the cc isn't something I do often, but I don't agree with the summary of it being "before the attack begins." Using up 7 spells isn't before the attack begins. That is a big part of the attack. The cc still caused the attacker to use 7 spells and if there wasn't other value around it, that is a lot just to deal with the cc.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Zapping the cc isn't something I do often, but I don't agree with the summary of it being "before the attack begins." Using up 7 spells isn't before the attack begins. That is a big part of the attack. The cc still caused the attacker to use 7 spells and if there wasn't other value around it, that is a lot just to deal with the cc.
    Before the attack begins meaning that your troops donít have to deal with it, and no one zaps the cc if thereís no value around it. The zaps usually get key defenses, the town hall or some heroes along with the cc. Also, after using the zaps you still have 5 housing space of spells left which is honestly a lot for a lalo for example.

I donít think it was a broken mechanic, I enjoyed using zapping the cc a lot. I was honestly expecting them to make the cc a storage shortly after the zaps got buffed because taking the cc out of the equation seemed to go against supercellís design philosophy. Similar to how you could bypass defenses and zap dark storages in the past.

So players shouldn't be allowed to use a variety of attacks that they feel comfortable with? Players shouldn't be allowed to play the game the way want too?

alright.. lets go back to everyone using the one attack strat, you happy with GoWiPe mate?
    I'm the last of the kings, the King of Kings.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Not sure the game needed fixing, but I do think the nerf is going to make a lot of people more likely to mix it up with the new options with Super Troops, Invis, and the Log siege.

So yeah tell me exactly why it shouldn’t be nerfed when almost all attacks rely on it
    I see a lot of attacks using rage spells too, more than zaps, do we need a major rage nerf?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Zap aint verry used in champions 3 and lower CWL. Rarely anything. Its juet popular on youtube mostly, but for all those replays shown, there are numerous others unseen.

LaLo is popular, but not to the point of a nerf id say. Its right there, so i wouldnt say its neither over the top, neither to weak.

Could do with ssome changes, but maybe not so manny as imune CC, scattershots harder, xbows, whatever.

One thing to consider is the invisibility spell. It might compensate for the weaker lightning, we dont know yet.

One thing for sure: bases can be designed to fight an army but they become weaker vs another. Bit hard to understand anything nowdays on defence at higher leagues, its all about how manny types of attack enemy player is familiar with.
    Last edited by dpgza; December 5th, 2020 at 03:47 PM.

The funny thing is that I see many people have switched to anti-zap bases anyway in the new season. All infernos are on multi, the bases have many small compartments, CC and scatters are spaced away from other valuable targets. So the game "nerfed" this strategy already without any changes from SC.