Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: December zap nerf is too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    I think the zap nerf is too much. It takes two of the most popular new strategies in the game, zap-lalo and zap-witches, and makes them 100% invalid in a single update. Contrast that with how SC has continually made QC-hybrid harder over the past year; itís not like they made a single update in the game that made the strategy go from being the strongest to completely unworkable.

Zap-lalo is still very hard to master. And zap-witches is easier, but can be stopped with good base design. I donít think completely eliminating these strategies was necessary to fix the game.

I thought that this this nerf was long over due. It was getting old seeing it SO much. In wars, that was all that some clans did. in one 30v30 war, clan hit us with 22 - 3 stars using zap. A different 40 v 40 war, there were 24-3 stars using the zap. That is the only strategy that these two clans used. All clans involved were max or very near max th13s. This is the part of the game where I thought that the nerf really needed to occur. CWL too.

For legends between 5000 and 5600, i rarely see it. In my experience, I get trucked over by QW/hybrid. Sometimes yetis. In my current defense log, I only see it twice, one for a 3 star and the other for a 97% 2 star.  There are also more yeti variant armies than hybrids, but not by much. So it still worked well in legends, but was just not used by the masses and I can dig that. I do not think SC would do something like this though were rules would only apply to one game aspect and not the other. Be a little confusing.

SC has nerfed many of troops over the years once they realized that they were too OP. I bet everyone could name a few troops that were the meta one day and then average the next. Remember ghost wizards??

The attack strategy is not going to be GONE like engineering. It will just not be as easy and will require a little more skill to maintain the abilities to 3 start with it. Just like they did with eDrags. Same principal, when introduced, it was way to OP and required 0 skill to triple a base. SC finally nerfed, and yes it still requires 0 skill to 2 star, but a 3 star actually requires the attacker to have some skill. Assuming both are max th13s. It will not go away as everyone has been saying that it is a fun strategy. I wouldn't know.

As you mentioned, the little influence base design does play is your only hope to stop your village from a triple, but every base has a weakness and it is about impossible to defend skill. So, with skill, this attack strategy will still be a triple threat. It will just not be as easy.

Lightning nerf is too harsh.

In one update, thwy changed lightning from being a viable multi-phase strat into a niche th13/th10 and below spell.

Honestly the game was at a very good state with plenty of attacking options for players to tackle different types of bases. Feels like we're moving backwards with this update.

Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    Lightning nerf is too harsh.

In one update, thwy changed lightning from being a viable multi-phase strat into a niche th13/th10 and below spell.

Honestly the game was at a very good state with plenty of attacking options for players to tackle different types of bases. Feels like we're moving backwards with this update.
    It is true that game was a good state with plenty of attacking options but not so much from a base building stand point. Most bases didnt stand any chance. So i welcome the change.

Infact i welcome what SC is doing here. Some times offense is strong and some times defense. Granted it isnt really in our control what to focus on but its great to work on different things as SC aims for the almost impossible perfect balance.

Meh. Zap something other than the cc. It's called zap lalo, not zap cc lalo. Adapt and overcome! Same with witches. Zap one scatter, use the new spell space to support getting the other. Maybe a kill squad or sui for the other. These strategies aren't eliminated, you need to evolve your game.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSmash View Post
    Meh. Zap something other than the cc. It's called zap lalo, not zap cc lalo. Adapt and overcome! Same with witches. Zap one scatter, use the new spell space to support getting the other. Maybe a kill squad or sui for the other. These strategies aren't eliminated, you need to evolve your game.
    What new spell space? The current Lv.5 factory has 11 spell capacity and the new Lv.6 factory still has 11 spell capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    What new spell space? The current Lv.5 factory has 11 spell capacity and the new Lv.6 factory still has 11 spell capacity.
    You gain new spell space by not bringing 10 lightning to every attack. Bring enough for one scatter and use the rest of the lightning space for other spells.
    Last edited by DerpSmash; December 3rd, 2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    The lvl 5 spell factory has a spell capacity of 10. The dark sf has a capacity of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed85 View Post
    Most bases didnt stand any chance. So i welcome the change.
    Everyone has their opinion on whether they prefer stronger defense or offense, but I do get confused by statements like this. I don't understand how you can summarize it in this way unless you are referring only to the very top most elite play, like the professional players we saw in ESL. In regular play, the base designs not only "stand a chance" they usually are not 3 starred.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Centennial Club
    I kind of agree with this. I believe that the nerf is too harsh. In C2, we only see zap based attacks 2-4 times every war (so that is 2-4 out of 15). I don't know about C1 but that league is the pinnacle of clash so the world up there is different from us.

But for the month after the update, we are just going to use bases that worked well against yeti and hybrid attacks.

It is just a shame that we are just getting the hang of the zap strategies especially zaplalo. But we'll see what are the next strategies that are going to emerge in the upcoming update.
    • Leader of The Exiles (#9GYQLL8R)

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    The lvl 5 spell factory has a spell capacity of 10. The dark sf has a capacity of 1.
    The total capacity was 11, and will still be 11. The fact that 1 of those comes from the dark sf is pretty well irrelevant, given that the total can be combined from any types.

Click on the info for either of them on game, and it just says how many out of 11 you currently have brewed.