Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: December zap nerf is too harsh

December zap nerf is too harsh

I think the zap nerf is too much. It takes two of the most popular new strategies in the game, zap-lalo and zap-witches, and makes them 100% invalid in a single update. Contrast that with how SC has continually made QC-hybrid harder over the past year; itís not like they made a single update in the game that made the strategy go from being the strongest to completely unworkable.

Zap-lalo is still very hard to master. And zap-witches is easier, but can be stopped with good base design. I donít think completely eliminating these strategies was necessary to fix the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    I think the zap nerf is too much. It takes two of the most popular new strategies in the game, zap-lalo and zap-witches, and makes them 100% invalid in a single update. Contrast that with how SC has continually made QC-hybrid harder over the past year; it’s not like they made a single update in the game that made the strategy go from being the strongest to completely unworkable.

Zap-lalo is still very hard to master. And zap-witches is easier, but can be stopped with good base design. I don’t think completely eliminating these strategies was necessary to fix the game.
    I agree. I feel like I should say more than just that, but what you aid sums it up perfectly. I was having fun with zaps lately. ....unless there is another level coming to zaps...
    Last edited by 2222; December 2nd, 2020 at 10:12 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    It feels to me that with each update the game force you to prefer more 'mass' troops attack rather then multi-phased attack...

Yes, zap lalo was easier to master then old school lalo.. but still wasn't a instant 3 star
    so I don't get why this nerf was necessery

I guess no more lalo for me

Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    I think the zap nerf is too much. It takes two of the most popular new strategies in the game, zap-lalo and zap-witches, and makes them 100% invalid in a single update. Contrast that with how SC has continually made QC-hybrid harder over the past year; itís not like they made a single update in the game that made the strategy go from being the strongest to completely unworkable.

Zap-lalo is still very hard to master. And zap-witches is easier, but can be stopped with good base design. I donít think completely eliminating these strategies was necessary to fix the game.
    You can still use zap lalo,just don't zap the cc instead take 1 poi and use 6zap and 1 earth to take down one scatter or any other defence where you can get good value.I have been seeing these anti zap bases where zap value is 0 around cc very frequently now,using 8 housing spell capacity to take down only the cc is not really efficient on these bases.
    We can even combine invisibility spell with it now.Let see how much variation this new spell can add in this game.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; December 2nd, 2020 at 10:38 PM.

Pro Member
    The most annoying thing of this nerf is that i deleted many good bases that was just to weak to zap lalo, cause of the clan castle placement and now i cant have them back...

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    The most annoying thing of this nerf is that i deleted many good bases that was just to weak to zap lalo, cause of the clan castle placement and now i cant have them back...
    I know it's too late for you, but before I delete any base layout, I take a couple screenshots (one walls only, the other with everything) and archive them. You never know when you may want to try them again or offer them up to another player. It's a good tip to do the same going forward.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 749 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Centennial Club
    I think is a good nerf, it kills the zap-lalo, zap-witches, 5+1 qw+hybrid...

But is necessary, right now we have like 20 different armys, between drags, eddys, witches, qw+hybrid, and a long etc. The game is broken to base builder, they can't design well bases with that long list of armies.

Lightnings will still working, if you put me scattershot and inferno tower close, i will 6+1 it. But it will be a nerf to that lot of armies that we have right now.

Sad for the clan castle, i think the 5+1 to 6+1 was enought, but is hard now if we cant do 7+1

SC devs: no one is using lightning spell in higher TH's, lets fix that.

- they proceed to make changes so its useful again

- people are rearranging layouts to counter it

- people are enjoying using it, and coming up with new attack strats to make the most out of it

SC devs:

I'm the last of the kings, the King of Kings.

I agree 100% with the OP.

I don’t use zap attacks myself, but I do feel the game was at a great balance lately with a wonderful variety of attack strategies. Was absolutely loving the balance with the new camps, and to see everything - including zap attacks - getting nerfed so soon is disappointing.

You guyz don't know how many new threads were made to rant about the zap spell rework after the update was dropped.