Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: December zap nerf is too harsh

May as well call it as it is, lightning spell was brought back to life one update and killed off the next. Not being able to zap the cc is understandable but costing 7 spell spaces to take out the scatter and xbow is way over done, very unlikely players will invest 7 spell slots to take out a defence, even the 1 zap 1 eq RC ability for the inferno is replaced by a invisible spell since it’s more economical and helps reserve her ability, Is there any purpose of lightning spell going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelgraze View Post
    May as well call it as it is, lightning spell was brought back to life one update and killed off the next. Not being able to zap the cc is understandable but costing 7 spell spaces to take out the scatter and xbow is way over done, very unlikely players will invest 7 spell slots to take out a defence, even the 1 zap 1 eq RC ability for the inferno is replaced by a invisible spell since it’s more economical and helps reserve her ability, Is there any purpose of lightning spell going forward.
    It wasn't killed off in my opinion, but it's too early to tell. The sneak peek thread clearly says that the lvl 6 sf has a spell capacity of 11, and I think it makes sense to get an extra slot with the upgrade.

Additionally, there's a teaser of another spell factory in the Clash of Clans video that's showing off the new RC skin. I assume that it's a lvl 7 sf, and maybe it too will come with an increase in spell capacity.

The buff to xbow and scatters will make a lot of more sense by the time the entire update is revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    It wasn't killed off in my opinion, but it's too early to tell. The sneak peek thread clearly says that the lvl 6 sf has a spell capacity of 11, and I think it makes sense to get an extra slot with the upgrade.

Additionally, there's a teaser of another spell factory in the Clash of Clans video that's showing off the new RC skin. I assume that it's a lvl 7 sf, and maybe it too will come with an increase in spell capacity.

The buff to xbow and scatters will make a lot of more sense by the time the entire update is revealed.
    There's no increase in spell capacity with the level 6 spell factory, according to the videos released by content creators on YouTube from the development build.

Quote Originally Posted by arijitkoner98 View Post
    There's no increase in spell capacity with the level 6 spell factory, according to the videos released by content creators on YouTube from the development build.
    The Official Sneak Peek thread says the lvl 6 spell factory has a spell capacity of 11.

Doesn't that make sense?

You cant trust the content creators and the dev builds during sneak peek week.

Didn't you know that?
    Last edited by KingDMan; December 3rd, 2020 at 05:01 AM.

There is a thread in Idea&Feature Request sub-forum: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...l-side-by-side which far more make sense that once the CC is destroyed everything inside it should continue to be alive until beaten to death. It was a better idea rather than rendering the CC castle completely immune to zap.

Destroying one building is very significant to the pathing of troops, they should have made those adjustment that way instead of completely making the CC immune.

Millennial Club
    I don't understand the thinking behind nerfing the zap spell. I never used any Zap spell strategy simply because I don't like to use such strategy and it's never a sure 3 strategy that I am forced to learn or use it. So I do feel Zap spell upcoming nerf is a bit harsh and a step back in terms of variety strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    The Official Sneak Peek thread says the lvl 6 spell factory has a spell capacity of 11.

Doesn't that make sense?

You cant trust the content creators and the dev builds during sneak peek week.

Didn't you know that?
    The sneak peak thread says capacity of 11, but in game news says 10. Unclear which is right. Iíd bet on in game vs anything else but until all are aligned it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I don't understand the thinking behind nerfing the zap spell. I never used any Zap spell strategy simply because I don't like to use such strategy and it's never a sure 3 strategy that I am forced to learn or use it. So I do feel Zap spell upcoming nerf is a bit harsh and a step back in terms of variety strategies.
    I only realized this when darpan started that thread on the sub-forum, I remember the issue with the SM+HH that is totally destroying alot of Queen Charges, if they only thought of making the CC act like sieges when destroyed it could circumvent the issue against that dreaded CC tandem if they don't decide to nerf/adjust the SM. As a queen charger and with the additional army camp, I always bring a redundant Ice Golem for contingency, If I can destroy the CC and pull out the troops, the Ice Golem can waste the SM's range attack and keep my charge safer. So yes, now I felt the nerf is harsh

Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    The sneak peak thread says capacity of 11, but in game news says 10. Unclear which is right. Iíd bet on in game vs anything else but until all are aligned it could go either way.
    This!!!!!!

Very much agree. I donít use those attacks as much as a zap drag variant that is especially helpful vs CWL rings with deep TH. Just got an 84% vs that type base with 3 single ITs, EA, CC and the DE storage surrounding TH in the center. Mightíve been better had I used final freeze sooner. Not sure how I change the hit after this nerf. Players can do the same to me if they want, so itís a wash. Not sure why this needed to be done.

Iíd say the best reason is because the zap-invisible spell combo was broken OP in trials, but there isnít enough housing space for that I donít think.