Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: December zap nerf is too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    If only basebuilding was that easy. You can always go full against a single strategy, but that doesn't help you if it's that obvious and no one uses that strategy against you. You have to consider all popular strategies when designing a base.

Either way, witches will still be strong even post update. Maybe not the 2 Quake + 10 Zaps for 2 Scatters, but the version with one zapquake and Witches+healers. You just have one less freeze.
    Well, a general rule for base building that I assume any competent base builder worth their salt already knows, is don’t clump all your high DPS defences together to begin with. If you can only get both scattershots and a few point defences, the remaining infernos, xbows, eagle, mortar, wizard towers and clan castle will be more than enough to stop the witches, even with healers. I know, unfortunately, by experience.

And the above applies to many attack strategies, not just witches.

Another thing that was unfortunate about the nerf was...there are some strategies that work, more or less, but aren’t fun to use. There are others that don’t work very well, but are fun to use. Witches had the best of both worlds, very fun to use and generally effective on certain bases.

Oh well, all good things must come to an end. Back to queen charge hybrid, or some sort of yeti smash I guess.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 829 fair play wins and counting...

How were zaps nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by rusherford View Post
    How were zaps nerfed?
    Zaps no longer can kill the cc. You could use 7 zaps, one quake to take it out. Not anymore. At th13, 5 zaps, 1 quake could kill a scattershot. So 10 zaps, 2 quakes took out both plus any defenses close by. Now its 6 zaps one quake or 5 zaps two quakes.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

We had new possibilities, we had fun.
    I guess we need to go back and stick to QC hybrid and/or Yetis.
    Another “fun” and “creative” update.

It seems like the zap nerf has also brought back all the annoying super-dense teaser bases with all of the xbows and scatters piled on top of the town hall and the heroes out front. Thanks SC, I sure missed those for the last 2 months.

The game design is simple, the cc gives you troops to help your base defend, imo it's a flaw in the game if you can take it out before even placing a troop on the map. Why not just get rid of it all together? Would that stop all the whining? Clearly the 3 star rate had risen enough to a point that sc decided it needed addressed, they have the numbers after all and were not just talking about pro player's so that argument doesn't hold up. The spell is still very useful, it has a place in the game still, you just need to be more creative and deal with cc troops like we always did before

Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    The game design is simple, the cc gives you troops to help your base defend, imo it's a flaw in the game if you can take it out before even placing a troop on the map. Why not just get rid of it all together? Would that stop all the whining? Clearly the 3 star rate had risen enough to a point that sc decided it needed addressed, they have the numbers after all and were not just talking about pro player's so that argument doesn't hold up. The spell is still very useful, it has a place in the game still, you just need to be more creative and deal with cc troops like we always did before
    You describe it as though that cc served no purpose. It did. It just caused the attacker to use 7 spell slots. That is a LOT just for some cc troops. Way more than what it would take if you simply poison/freeze them and kill them with the attacking army.

Also, the main zap nerf more attackers will notice, probably, is on the scatters, not the cc. The cc zap was used by regular players mostly against bad base designs that had a lot of other defense right around it, or at least the eagle. Those base designs that didn't adjust deserved to be zapped in my opinion.

As for the "argument" about the 3 star rate, it holds up just fine. The problem is no one agrees on what a good 3 star frequency is since everyone likes different things.
    Last edited by 2222; December 8th, 2020 at 03:05 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Maybe this belongs in a new tactics thread, but the tweak I’ve seen for zap-witch post-update is to take 4 quakes and 4 zaps. that still takes down 1 scatter / xbow / inferno and opens the walls. It still almost always leaves 1 scatter up and you need to trade off between targeting defenses and opening the most useful walls, but it’s something to try. So far I’ve been carrying extra freezes with the remaining space to use on the other scatter but you could carry a jump or rage.