Thread: Tons of Updates Ideas and Improvements!

New Bloke/Chick

Tons of Updates Ideas and Improvements!

Typically there are 4 updates a year and to put it simply I have thought about an update plan. In the Spring, Summer, and Fall update these three updates will have a small mix of everything. It can be broken down like this:

Spring - 1 New crop and/or fruit, 1-4 new products, new decorations
    Summer - 1 New crop and/or fruit, 1-4 new products, 1 new train station shop building
    Fall - 1 New crop and/or fruit, 1-4 new products, new decorations, 1 new sanctuary animal

Winter - Big update (ie. Valley, Derby, Train area)

In addition, each update will have smaller update items and improvements. These are some that I have thought of:

-Add button feature on-screen to access farm pass
    -Rebalance peanuts and rustic bouquet items. Increase time and/or items to make it.
    -Rebalance crop times or rebalance when crop plots are given out because more is needed.
    -Re-design the ad with categories such as crops, products, and tools.
    -Barn and Silo Upgrades - When upgrading from 50 - 3,000 upgrade space should increase by 50; From 3,000 - 5,000 upgrade space should increase by 100; From 5,000 - 10,000 upgrade space should increase by 150; From 10,000 to 15,000 upgrade space should increase by 200.
    -Feature to sort barn and silo. In addition, add sort feature when selling items in our shop. (ie. Alphabetical, Quantity acceding and descending, and Items Specific to Production Machine (select an icon for the BBQ, and only BBQ products show up).
    -Airplane Area that acts just like the boat. Has requests to fill and you get XP and coin
    -Increase the number of rewards for taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in derby
    -Increase the reward amounts in the derby thresholds or make more thresholds to obtain more rewards
    -Increase the number of Leagues there are in the derby
    -Increase the number of players we can have in a neighborhood from 30 to 50
    -Add more wild animals that appear on the farm. Right now there are birds, frogs, and foxes. Add deer, hawks, owls, etc.
    -Switch the animal harvest button and the animal hat accessory button
    -Increase Lobster Pool and Duck Salon to the quantity of 8 harvestings at one time
    -Increase the type of fish that we can catch, specifically heavier and rarer fish
    -Add a diamond lure
    -Add more customization options to Maggie
    -Ability to customize the boat with Maggie
    -New Derby Tasks
    -Relocate trash button on truck tasks
    -Ability to link hoods together giving us the ability to chat with other hoods and help each other out. There will be multiple tabs of chat, one for the hood you are in and one for all the hoods that are affiliated with each other
    -Increase hood size to 50 members
    -Bug Fix: Adding names to farm layouts never saves

Improvements to the farm pass:
    -Extend the "pass road" from 600 to 1,000 or even higher. This will require a good amount of balancing. Keep the same amount of 50 point season goals but make the daily point goals a range from 2-5 points and allow an unlimited amount to be accomplished a day. This means that as you finish one a new one comes up. By doing this players will feel more hooked on the game by wanting to complete tasks and will be a reward for it. At the current state, it takes about 30 seconds to finish the daily tasks, and then you’re done for the day.
    -Paid reward; end threshold is an exclusive decoration
    -Paid reward; 3 level system that goes from 10% to 20% to 30% increase in coin and XP on everything except collecting coins from your shop. With this perk active you will get an increase in coin and XP, in addition, if you have a booster active it will add to the percent active. This means that if you have a 50% XP booster active and a 30% XP perk, you will get an 80% XP increase for the duration of your booster and then falling back to the 30%.
    -Perk to select a crop for reduced harvesting time

Please drop a comment with ideas.

Last edited by MikeSmith0702; December 2nd, 2020 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSmith0702 View Post
    -Ability to link hoods together giving us the ability to chat with other hoods and help each other out. There will be multiple tabs of chat, one for the hood you are in and one for all the hoods that are affiliated with each other.
    Id like to actually be able to rotate players between the proposed linked hoods without people leaving and coming back. Its a huge hassle, and Id like to be able to just set my preferences for the coming weeks team lineup and it just updates accordingly.

I Know, I dream big. 😆
    Last edited by Ehernvr68; December 2nd, 2020 at 11:00 PM.

My farm #U2LUPCGP DISCORD: Valerie#0669

Legendary Teamwork & Achievement

New Bloke/Chick
    I really like the idea of the ability to rotate players as well and maybe evening increasing the hood size to 50 members.

New Bloke/Chick
    What do you guys think about my suggestions?

I think that most of the ideas are great, I really love the idea of customizing the boat and bigger neighborhoods. I think that in the update schedule there should be maybe a couple production buildings added annually. On the newspaper sorting, I feel like that would make the game a little too easy if you could look for things like tools, products, etc. unless you mean that the newspaper content would stay the same but whatever is in the newspaper can be sorted into sections. Adding another derby league sounds pretty ambitious because the champion’s league already holds only 0.16% of all neighborhoods participating in the derby so adding another league would make it extremely exclusive at 0.032% which is about 1 out of 3,125 neighborhoods. For expanding the barn and silo by greater quantities per upgrade, I would want that feature but I think they upgrade system is the way it is for balance right now because I would have about double the amount of storage I have right now and I could probably never worry about storage which is a part of the game. Lastly, for the plane this is just a personal thing for me but I wouldn’t really like something industrial like that added to the farm. The game keeps a very farm like theme and I feel adding a plane would seem too industrial. Besides that I really loved your ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    My Farm:
    HELLO
    #JV08PUP
    lvl 72

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello2theworld View Post
    I think that most of the ideas are great, I really love the idea of customizing the boat and bigger neighborhoods. I think that in the update schedule there should be maybe a couple production buildings added annually. On the newspaper sorting, I feel like that would make the game a little too easy if you could look for things like tools, products, etc. unless you mean that the newspaper content would stay the same but whatever is in the newspaper can be sorted into sections. Adding another derby league sounds pretty ambitious because the champion’s league already holds only 0.16% of all neighborhoods participating in the derby so adding another league would make it extremely exclusive at 0.032% which is about 1 out of 3,125 neighborhoods. For expanding the barn and silo by greater quantities per upgrade, I would want that feature but I think they upgrade system is the way it is for balance right now because I would have about double the amount of storage I have right now and I could probably never worry about storage which is a part of the game. Lastly, for the plane this is just a personal thing for me but I wouldn’t really like something industrial like that added to the farm. The game keeps a very farm like theme and I feel adding a plane would seem too industrial. Besides that I really loved your ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    I respect what you have to say. Thank You for giving your input!