Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans December 2020 Update Sneak Peek #1 - Invisibility Spell

The big thing I see is being able to force the queen to retarget at the same time as providing her some cover. Or electros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed85 View Post
    I was wondering how the new invisibility spell is different from the freeze spell. At the end both more or less accomplish the same thing isn't it?

The only difference i see is you can put an invisibility spell on some buildings to funnel your troops better, more so when they are in the center. This part is currently almost impossible in the game play today.

But obviously I might be missing something. Do you guys see how it might different from freeze spell in terms of the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    dual super is prob the big offense buff that is announced. Honestly there is so much changes, itís pointless to discuss balance now. I am just glad the old meta is gone.
    This is the first day of sneak peeks...

I agree, it's pointless to discuss balance now, and it's certainly too early to think of the "old meta" as gone.

Last Sneek peaks we saw the "nerf" to the SB before we saw the buff to PEKKA and Wizards. I believe that lightning will still have a place in the meta when it's all said and done.

We might get an extra slot for spell storage, and that means that the 5+1 variations will still be as strong as they currently are. In the same scenario, the change to lightning's interaction with clan castles wouldn't remove lightning from the meta.

But let's assume that we're stuck with 13 spells...

We can still queen charge into mass witches with 2rage, 6zap, 1quake, 1freeze, and a poison. Overall, I think the changes will benefit base builders a whole heck of a lot, but I don't see it as a nail in the coffin for zap.
    Last edited by KingDMan; December 3rd, 2020 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opt1musPr1me View Post
    That's a good question actually. I'd like to know myself.
    Ya I'd like to know also. I think this spell will work better as a pathing tool. I feel like it doesn't last long enough for the troops. Gives you more control over your troops.

Quote Originally Posted by CorValerie View Post
    not sure if this has been asked, but does the invisible spell affect the chain lightning for edrags?
    Sorry should have quoted this response

Forum Veteran
    Huge buff for defense
    Especially core defense

I don't know if 5 level from RC would counter this

But I know it's time for defense to shine

The outcome from championship tell me the offense is out of control

Yeah .. like Darian said it's time to reward progression (defense)

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #156
    Just when you thought I couldnít get any Sneakier.

Invisibility spell FTW

Warm regards

Sneaky(Youíll never see it coming)Maori

This is really, really bad... The balance changes are a great turnoff. Not only they make gameplay much more difficult, but they break its consistency as well.

When is this joke with the storages going to end? Yes, a million years ago, farmers would zap storages for DE. This caused an outcry and storages were made immune to lightning. But today, resources are so abundant there is no longer a reason for this. On the contrary, this immunity is exploited to subvert the gameplay. "Oh, the TH is also a storage, so lightning should not damage it... And what do you know, the CC is also a storage, so lightning should not damage it". But then, why is it the case that earthquake damages the TH and the CC, when it deals no damage to storages? Make the earthquake deal no damage to the TH either. Oh, but this would "break the game" because you want the earthquake to activate the TH, right? Everything is stacked in favor of the defense...

Now, if my math is correct, the hitpoints buff of the scattershot means that 5 lightnings + 1 earthquake are no longer enough to take one out. Yes, I can think of about 50 players who will be happy with this change, those fanatics who play the CRL CWL ESL World Championship Poland Qualifiers etc. (can't remember all the names and acronyms, there seems to be a "world championship" every other week, sorry). Once more, enjoyment of gameplay and the majority of the player base have been sacrificed for the "pros". This is a real shame.

And why am I not surprised that invisibility spells will not make siege machines invisible? Why, after all, should we be able to get the wall wrecker to the enemy TH? We all know that wall wreckers were made to die on their way to the TH, making the attacker get 1 star...

SC, I am trying very hard to understand why you want to break your best game...
    Last edited by kdrakakis; December 3rd, 2020 at 08:25 AM.
    CoC: Elder in war clan Fontana #YQP89RPV. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Co-Leader in Greece Elite #PCUPC0VV
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Can invisibility spell be stacked
    Also can we make bat spells and skeleton spell invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    This is really, really bad... The balance changes are a great turnoff. Not only they make gameplay much more difficult, but they break its consistency as well.

When is this joke with the storages going to end? Yes, a million years ago, farmers would zap storages for DE. This caused an outcry and storages were made immune to lightning. But today, resources are so abundant there is no longer a reason for this. On the contrary, this immunity is exploited to subvert the gameplay. "Oh, the TH is also a storage, so lightning should not damage it... And what do you know, the CC is also a storage, so lightning should not damage it". But then, why is it the case that earthquake damages the TH and the CC, when it deals no damage to storages? Make the earthquake deal no damage to the TH either. Oh, but this would "break the game" because you want the earthquake to activate the TH, right? Everything is stacked in favor of the defense...

Now, if my math is correct, the hitpoints buff of the scattershot means that 5 lightnings + 1 earthquake are no longer enough to take one out. Yes, I can think of about 50 players who will be happy with this change, those fanatics who play the CRL CWL ESL World Championship Poland Qualifiers etc. (can't remember all the names and acronyms, there seems to be a "world championship" every other week, sorry). Once more, enjoyment of gameplay and the majority of the player base have been sacrificed for the "pros". This is a real shame.

And why am I not surprised that invisibility spells will not make siege machines invisible? Why, after all, should we be able to get the wall wrecker to the enemy TH? We all know that wall wreckers were made to die on their way to the TH, making the attacker get 1 star...

SC, I am trying very hard to understand why you want to break your best game...
    have you ever thought, that maybe, just maybe, vaults being immune to lightning was this cool thing called "counterplay"? or is defense just a click of a copy base for you and offense is the only thing you think SC should consider?

Most welcomed😁😁

Hail Defenses😂