Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans December 2020 Update Sneak Peek #1 - Invisibility Spell

Quote Originally Posted by KingDMan View Post
    Silence speaks volumes

I believe the spell factory that we saw in some of the content creators videos was indeed the lvl 6 spell factory(th11 theme), but I also believe that the spell factory shown in the RC vid(th13 theme) is an additional level.

Every spell factory upgrade, thus far, has given us an extra 2 slots for spell storage. I assume that at least one of the 2 upgrades has at least 1 extra slot.
    That would definitely make more sense of the increased scatter HP then.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapesh88 View Post
    Can I get a clarification about the spell storage capacity of spell factory lv6.
    You mentioned that it's 11 in your post , while the in-game news section mentioned it'll stay same as lv5 spell factory at 10.
    Total spell capacity will be 11
    (10 spell factory + 1 dark spell factory)

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That would definitely make more sense of the increased scatter HP then.
    Exactly

That's the point that I was attempting to drive home. It'll all make more sense in due time. I can't believe that so many individuals are declaring zap as dead. We've traveled this road for far too long, and by now, you would think that one understands that Day 1 is usually nothing more than a tease of what's to come.

That's why I mentioned last sneak peeks. On day 1 we saw a "nerf" to SB, and on Day 2 I believe we saw a buff to PEKKA and Wiz. I've used the phrase "makes sense" in almost every post about the subject.

Why did they buff the scatters without an extra level? Why did they buff the Xbow? Why do we have two images of a new spell factory? Why wasn't the "typo" corrected?

Idk...what makes sense....

Edit: When the dust settles, we might be looking at an indirect nerf to Inferno Towers.
    Last edited by KingDMan; December 3rd, 2020 at 09:07 PM.

Exactly

That's the point that I was attempting to drive home. It'll all make more sense in due time. I can't believe that so many individuals are declaring zap as dead. We've traveled this road for far too long, and by now, you would think that one understands that Day 1 is usually nothing more than a tease of what's to come.

That's why I mentioned last sneak peeks. On day 1 we saw a "nerf" to SB, and on Day 2 I believe we saw a buff to PEKKA and Wiz. I've used the phrase "makes sense" in almost every post about the subject.

Why did they buff the scatters without an extra level? Why did they buff the Xbow? Why do we have two images of a new spell factory? Why wasn't the "typo" corrected?

Edit: When the dust settles, we might be looking at an indirect nerf to Inferno Towers.
    I agree and posted similar. There is too much negative energy around the initial sneak peek. Lets see everything, and see it in the live game, before concluding anything is improved or worsened. If it ends up taking 1 more zap on a SS, but the factory gives us 1 more spell slot, then that to me would be a perfect balance. It allows you to continue to do that same strategy without having an EXTRA spell in your arsenal. Would make total sense to me.

But we dont know the full scope yet, so lets see if we get a #2 tomorrow, and when we do, I'll bring my popcorn

Exactly

That is why I have tried to each time say something along the lines of "unless we get another spell" or "unless the zap is getting another level." There is much to come. However, one thing is dead of course, and that is a strategy involving zapping the CC.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoCoC View Post
    I agree and posted similar. There is too much negative energy around the initial sneak peek. Lets see everything, and see it in the live game, before concluding anything is improved or worsened. If it ends up taking 1 more zap on a SS, but the factory gives us 1 more spell slot, then that to me would be a perfect balance. It allows you to continue to do that same strategy without having an EXTRA spell in your arsenal. Would make total sense to me.

But we dont know the full scope yet, so lets see if we get a #2 tomorrow, and when we do, I'll bring my popcorn
    I think it depends on what you mean. Those who liked using the zaps on cc don't have to wait and see. That is gone. As for zaps on scatters, even if we get one more spell slot, it still is a significant nerf of the attack, though not as bad of a nerf as if we aren't getting another spell slot (or another zap level). For stuff like that, there is more to come and we need to see it play out to be sure.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

However, one thing is dead of course, and that is a strategy involving zapping the CC.
    Yeah, they changed the zap spell's interaction with the cc, and rightfully so. That change doesn't affect my playstyle whatsoever.

In fact, the only time I zap the cc is in friendly challengea against th11s. I do it for giggles. I zap the cc, spam hogs, drop a few headhunters, and then I wait for my return to clan chat.

The response is usually something like "EZ". I don't zap the cc on a th13 base, because there's usually better value elsewhere & I don't run 7+1.

Yeah, they changed the zap spell's interaction with the cc, and rightfully so. That change doesn't affect my playstyle whatsoever.

In fact, the only time I zap the cc is in friendly challengea against th11s. I do it for giggles. I zap the cc, spam hogs, drop a few headhunters, and then I wait for my return to clan chat.

The response is usually something like "EZ". I don't zap the cc on a th13 base, because there's usually better value elsewhere & I don't run 7+1.
    About the only time I zap the cc with a th13 attack is when the defender has it by a bunch of other defense, like the eagle or scatters. In that case, I think the person who designed their base that way deserves to have that zapped and I wish they wouldn't have removed it. It isn't often, though, so it won't impact my th13 play much. I do use it for th11 attacks sometimes in wars with miner attacks too. Again, not a huge deal, just a change that wasn't needed in my opinion since the bases punished by the attack sort of deserved it.

About the only time I zap the cc with a th13 attack is when the defender has it by a bunch of other defense, like the eagle or scatters. In that case, I think the person who designed their base that way deserves to have that zapped and I wish they wouldn't have removed it. It isn't often, though, so it won't impact my th13 play much. I do use it for th11 attacks sometimes in wars with miner attacks too. Again, not a huge deal, just a change that wasn't needed in my opinion since the bases punished by the attack sort of deserved it.
    Yea, with zaps, it is all about value. I don't think anyone would spend a bunch of zaps just to take out the cc alone. You want to get the most out of what you bring to battle. It is excellent against base designs that have all their heroes, scattershots, cc, TH all in one corner, so it is really base dependent.

Side note, IMO, bats should treat THs level 12 & 13 as defenses and not as storages (reduced dmg) as they can defend themselves.

After watching judo's video nope there isn't any extra slot may be new lvl

Supercell does not cease to suprise. Any defense buff is automatically a nerf to offense. Scattershot HP has been or will be buffed by 20%. Not to mention other defenses. Probably there will be additional levels for troops too, but knowing Supercell it wont be worth to mention: too much resources and time needed for pathetic stat increase. Very bad update and I'm not looking forward to it.