Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans December 2020 Update Sneak Peek #1 - Invisibility Spell

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed85 View Post
    I was wondering how the new invisibility spell is different from the freeze spell. At the end both more or less accomplish the same thing isn't it?

The only difference i see is you can put an invisibility spell on some buildings to funnel your troops better, more so when they are in the center. This part is currently almost impossible in the game play today.

But obviously I might be missing something. Do you guys see how it might different from freeze spell in terms of the outcome.
    I think the "funnel your troops better" is a much bigger deal than you make out. You can use this to get hogs or balloons to run straight to key defenses.
    If I've understood this right on a queen walk I could place the invisibility just right to hide the queen but leave some buildings visible. Making it possible for you to shield the queen from all damage and control which building she attacks next. I don't know how this works with the Champion's shield, but I guess you could use this to make her shield skip nearby defenses and take out some key defense deeper in the base. Obviously we need to try it 1st but I think this has huge utility.

This is the first Part of this Update and I think it will be big. Someone remember the Stream with Eino and Darian they talked about exciting new Stuff later in the year and this was 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It doesn't stop those covered by it from seeing out, it just prevents anything covered being seen/targeted.
    Yep. The simplest way to think about it, is AQ ability. That invisibility now as a spell on any troop/building. It can see you, you can't see it.

Millennial Club
    Well it wasn't exactly a cheap tactic. It was just using the lightning spell to its full potential. But I do agree that it was a little broken, as you were able to completely avoid the CC.

Also, keep in mind that destroying the CC troops weren't the biggest advantage of the lightning. It was the fact that you could sui your heros anywhere.
    Squidward>spongebob

How do traps, ie: sams and airbombs react when a troop is invisible?
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Love it!! Looks nice! canít wait to enjoy all the fun.

Lethal Relic - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 23!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    How do traps, ie: sams and airbombs react when a troop is invisible?
    Traps will still be triggered , and it'll hit your troops .sams will hit healers even though they are inside invisibility spell .

Skele traps will be triggered and will stand idly if there's no troops outside invisibility spell.
    If the attack initiated before invisibility spell was cast it'll hit the target. So if the eagle already started shooting healers you can't save them by making them invisible.
    This is based on observations from YouTube and the patch notes to some extent and queen's ability.
    Last edited by tapesh88; December 2nd, 2020 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfishlol View Post
    Lots of love to offence, I love it. Hope to see more defence related content than what we just saw today.

Love the invisible spell concept, it will help me to re-target defences.
    We can no longer zap away the cc. We can't use 5 zaps and 1 quake on scatter. The xbows get more levels. Stronger giant bombs to weaken hybrid. Stronger air bombs to weaken air attacks. That is all defensive buffs. We get more RC levels and a new spell that we don't even know whether it is useful or not. What is all this offense you are referring to?

I must be in the minority here or I'm missing something. I see almost all comments about "great" but nothing talking about the big swing toward defensive power. I'm holding out hope there is more offense to be announced in the next few days, not more defense...

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by tapesh88 View Post
    Traps will still be triggered , and it'll hit your troops .sams will hit healers even though they are inside invisibility spell .

Skele traps will be triggered and will stand idly if there's no troops outside invisibility spell.
    If the attack initiated before invisibility spell was cast it'll hit the target. So if the eagle already started shooting healers you can't save them by making them invisible.
    This is based on observations from YouTube and the patch notes to some extent and queen's ability.
    So you don't actually know? Seeking air mines should in fact not be activated imo. Makes no sense if they do seek out a target whilst defenses can't.

Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)
    Interesting. We all thought we'd never see an Invisibility Spell due to there already being a Freeze Spell.

For everyone who ever asked for a spell similar to the Flare in Boom Beach, this is an indirect version of that, as this spell will most likely be used to direct troops toward specific defenses by making less valuable ones invisible. How useful will it be? I don't know, 4.5s is not a lot of time. It's also niche in its ability to protect troops, but at least everything in that radius is safe from every defense around it.

Funny seeing the CC no longer take damage from a Lightning Spell. There was no reason before to even fill up your clan castle, as everyone would abuse lightning spells and simply destroy it.

We'll see how this all works out. Interesting for sure.

I think the Invisibility spell is one of those spells that is less useful the lower the TH level you're at, so I don't expect to really see much use at TH11 or 12. TH13 and TH14 may need it, but I always have my doubts about these types of things.