Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans December 2020 Update Sneak Peek #1 - Invisibility Spell

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Mine currently has 11?
    The dark spell factory storage is added in the view. You can check wiki , or if you have a mini th9 , go and check the upgrade button.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #82
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Nope, L5 spell factory is 10. The dark spell factory is the +1 to get the total to 11. If L6 spell factory is 11, then total space should now be 12.

https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Spell_Factory
    https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Spell_Factory
    If you click on either of them in game, it just gives the total capacity (11).

Lightning spell seems a bit over nerfed.

It helped balance out those Corner TH/Tesla farm/CC/Hero designs where everything was in one place.

Those same bases will return back en masse after this update. I preferred the recent variety in new base designs.

Quote Originally Posted by tapesh88 View Post
    Now Instead of freezing a fraction of defense from attacking at all , you can hide some of your attackers ( e.g. queen while charging ) . It'd quite helpful when your troops are in a tight spot to stop all damage and also control their path
    This is a good point.. Today I use rage and sometimes also a freeze if there is heavy damage. I guess i can do with just one invisibility spell for 4 secs with this and if i count the same spell size (rage + freeze), I could go 12 secs. Huge difference i guess.

If i add CC troops into the mix, the value could be extremely high

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    Lightning spell seems a bit over nerfed.

It helped balance out those Corner TH/Tesla farm/CC/Hero designs where everything was in one place.

Those same bases will return back en masse after this update. I preferred the recent variety in new base designs.
    I don't think those teaser bases (or the anti 2 star heavy core bases)would make a huge come back . But it will be a little less hurting to keep couple defences together.

Freeze - defenses in small proximity are frozen, your troops still need to kill them, longer range defenses can still shoot you while closer range items are frozen (ie AT, Xbow)

Invisibility - your troops are not attacked by short or long range, and they bypass those close proximity buildings (including trash!) to help funnel a certain way. The rule of 3 and how troops retarget after this spell is dropped is going to be an interesting learning curve!!

Love the lighting spell change against clan castle. 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dyernamic View Post
    Please don’t nerf the lightning spell again. It should be able to take out clan castles. They aren’t like resource storages - to get the resources in a CC takes almost a full repertoire of lightning spells.

Being able to lose a CC to lightning is an important part of strategy in both attacks and building placement. A person gambles on whether there are troops in the CC when they attack.

Please change the December update to remove the change to lightning spells.
    Disagree. It's a cheap tactic to completely bypass a key defensive strategy. Good riddance
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; December 2nd, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
    | BK 75 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 25 |

Quote Originally Posted by madman53190 View Post
    Hope the staff is ready for the backlash on the lightning spell nerf from the player base. Its a huge change.
    theyíve just partially reversed the change they originally made havenít they ?

And itís a great list of updates for sneak peek 1. Well done SC

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #90
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    It sounds like it would be worse than the freeze as your troops can not see the defenses to attack either. Seems to me like a spell to get troops into position.

Regardless, this seems an awful a lot alike to the smoke screen in Boom Beach... Which was part the reason I stopped playing that game... Hopefully it is far from it, but it seems parallel.

I have 0 excitement for this spell.
    That all depends on just where you cast the spell.

If you cast it so that it covers your queen, but not the single inferno, then she can see and shoot at it, but it can't shoot back.

Judge it right, you can even get your troop(s) to bypass those high hit point storages and go for the strong defences behind them.

It doesn't stop those covered by it from seeing out, it just prevents anything covered being seen/targeted.