Results 1 to 6 of 6

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changing war status(Green vs Red) by Co-leader and above

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1

    Changing war status(Green vs Red) by Co-leader and above

    I think that a feature should be added to opt out fellow clan mates who have become inactive recently to keep track of who will attack in war. This would be a feature that mimics the Hay Day feature of opting neighborhood members out of the derby. This would be a better visual help for others new to the clan and a way to update people who forget to change their war status. They also would be able to return to the game and opt back in without having to lose their spot in a clan if they have been a long time member taking a break.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jjr4969 View Post
    I think that a feature should be added to opt out fellow clan mates who have become inactive recently to keep track of who will attack in war. This would be a feature that mimics the Hay Day feature of opting neighborhood members out of the derby. This would be a better visual help for others new to the clan and a way to update people who forget to change their war status. They also would be able to return to the game and opt back in without having to lose their spot in a clan if they have been a long time member taking a break.
    This is a very common request and when it comes to changing the person from green to red, it is pretty well accepted as a good idea. Some do not like the idea of a leader being able to turn the status from red to green, with the thought that they could make it look like the person had war on when they didn't and make it look like they were absent from war despite never wanting to be in war to begin with. Personally, I think that latter thing is no big deal at all and if I was in a clan with a leader like that, I'd just leave. Either way, though, turning from green to off/red would be a great addition.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  3. #3
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This is a very common request and when it comes to changing the person from green to red, it is pretty well accepted as a good idea. Some do not like the idea of a leader being able to turn the status from red to green, with the thought that they could make it look like the person had war on when they didn't and make it look like they were absent from war despite never wanting to be in war to begin with. Personally, I think that latter thing is no big deal at all and if I was in a clan with a leader like that, I'd just leave. Either way, though, turning from green to off/red would be a great addition.
    I am a firm believer that green to red is acceptable but the reverse is not. You make the assumption that everyone would know when a leader changes someone from red to green and that everyone would know that the leader made that change and what their intent was.

    I believe that leaders would make the change from red to green for a variety of reasons: mistakenly thinking they need to do that to include folks in war, by making an honest mistake, less commonly to force folks to be included in war to get a multiple of five AND compel them to attack and rarely as an excuse to justify punishment or kicking. It may not be obvious as to what happened and suggesting that folks just leave a clan if it happens even if by accident is short sighted IMO.

    Unlike changing from green to red, there is no good reason to ever change someone from red to green. In an effort to reduce clan friction (whether by accident or intent) I cannot support changing from red to green.
    Last edited by Tosti111; December 2nd, 2020 at 12:25 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I am a firm believer that green to red is acceptable but the reverse is not. You make the assumption that everyone would know when a leader changes someone from red to green and that everyone would know that the leader made that change and what their intent was.

    I believe that leaders would make the change from red to green for a variety of reasons: mistakenly thinking they need to do that to include folks in war, by making an honest mistake, less commonly to force folks to be included in war to get a multiple of five AND compel them to attack and rarely as an excuse to justify punishment or kicking. It may not be obvious as to what happened and suggesting that folks just leave a clan if it happens even if by accident is short sighted IMO.

    Unlike changing from green to red, there is no good reason to ever change someone from red to green. In an effort to reduce clan friction (whether by accident or intent) I cannot support changing from red to green.
    Perfectly stated.
    I'd welcome the ability to change someone from green to red, but red to green not needed, and could have unintended consequences as you stated.

  5. #5
    Forum Superstar JohnnyPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the Meridian of Misery
    Posts
    3,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Unlike changing from green to red, there is no good reason to ever change someone from red to green. In an effort to reduce clan friction (whether by accident or intent) I cannot support changing from red to green.
    I think I have a good reason to change red to green: I'm leader of my clan, and when we were in active in wars, I was the one tracking who is doing well, who needs to sit out for whatever reason, and which idle bases to include (to get a multiple of 5, not add ridiculous weight in the wrong places, etc). My co-leads were great attackers, great enforcers of the clan rules, but they preferred having me make all the strategic decisions. We ran regular wars spinning our searches Fri/Sun/Tues evenings. On Tuesday evenings I had a commitment that prevented me from starting war at out preferred time, so a co-lead had to do it. A very easy way to communicate to my co-leads which bases go to war would have been to switch statuses from green to red AND from red to green. Then they don't have to think, or tediously switch to/from the list I sent them while selecting participants, or whatever. They just choose everyone I set to green and spin the search.

    Obviously there are other solutions to my problem, but the ability to switch from red to green would be a welcome QoL for our case. Does it outweigh the downsides to leaders having that ability? Most would probably say no.

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •