Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL- More clans should move up higher league

CWL- More clans should move up higher league

just a humble suggestion- many clans stay in their same league being the 2nd or 3rd rank dominating (and torturing) other clans in the same pool. If the whole league is meant to moderate itself that after sometime, each league will contain more and less balanced clans, then these type of clans are not letting it happen. why not promote 3 or 2 top rank clans in every pool to higher league.. I don't really give much thought about what other problems would that bring but i see it as a quick way to attain balance in each league.

I'd recommend you hop over to the compendium thread (in my sig) and just look at the numbers.

We have sampled something like 2000 bases over the past 4 months, so what I'm saying here isn't anecdotal.

First off, CWL works pretty much as SC intended: clans are sorted into leagues based on their roster strength and its performance.

Secondly, there's some indication that this is the case within groups as well.

Third, though this is something I haven't analysed in detail yet, we haven't seen a huge amount of clear sandbaggers.

Fourth, the sorting of clans into leagues seems to be quasi-stable, ie there's not much change one month to the other ie the system as a whole is actually very balanced.

In fact, if the requirements to promote and/or demote was to change, it'd cause the whole CWL to be very heterogenous for a long while until it'd settle at a new equilibrium.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

interesting thread you got there, worth in-depth analysis of the datas.
    anyhow, i don't really know what to do with my clan that somehow always managed to hang on to the current league ( crystal 1) being the 5th or 6th every CWL but too hard to reach higher ranks because there are always 4 or 5 clans with at least 5 max th 13s. Maybe im too impatient but these clans with 4 or 5 th13s maxs (and followed by mid th 13s, max th 12s and so on) can never seem to be gone from my league, even after 9 months

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock28 View Post
    interesting thread you got there, worth in-depth analysis of the datas.
    anyhow, i don't really know what to do with my clan that somehow always managed to hang on to the current league ( crystal 1) being the 5th or 6th every CWL but too hard to reach higher ranks because there are always 4 or 5 clans with at least 5 max th 13s. Maybe im too impatient but these clans with 4 or 5 th13s maxs (and followed by mid th 13s, max th 12s and so on) can never seem to be gone from my league, even after 9 months
    That just means you are in the right place for your roster and abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That just means you are in the right place for your roster and abilities.
    maybe..but constantly losing like 5 wars out of 7 and not getting relegated just because there's one or two inactive clans using very less attacks, not fun at all. We're a clan with static members so we cannot suddenly maxed out our bases, we're slowly growing but getting whooped every cwl by these stronger clans, who just cant seem to move up higher league somehow..is the very reason i put forward my tiny suggestion in the first place.

maybe..but constantly losing like 5 wars out of 7 and not getting relegated just because there's one or two inactive clans using very less attacks, not fun at all. We're a clan with static members so we cannot suddenly maxed out our bases, we're slowly growing but getting whooped every cwl by these stronger clans, who just cant seem to move up higher league somehow..is the very reason i put forward my tiny suggestion in the first place.
    I feel that too. For about a year, we would bounce every month between 1st place in Gold 1 and 7th/8th in Crystal III. There were some exception months where 2 clans in our Crystal III pool would score like 15 stars total so we'd take 6th and be forced to suffer another month.

It's obviously so much more fun to destroy everyone for 7 wins (and 7 sets of winning loot) in Gold I rather than get beaten down for 30% loser loot in Crystal III. Only recently have we started placing 4th/5th in Crystal III, but it seriously took like a year for our bases and offense to be strong enough to be competitive there. We still don't stand a chance against the clans who place 1st & 2nd; they simply have too many TH13s while we have only 1 or 2. Last CWL the 1st place clan had 337 stars while we were in 4th with 233 stars.

I think some people game the system by bouncing between 2 clans: This month put your 15 active bases into one CWL where you dominate 1st place, while 15 dummy/idle bases sit in another CWL to place 8th. Next month the 15 active bases swap into the previously losing clan to dominate while the previously winning clan takes 8th with idle bases. Net result is that your 15 active bases get 7 easy wins of 100% loot every month. Hopefully SC has a octopus in place or on the way to stomp these clans.

That's, as Ajax hinted at, basically what CWL is about: reaching an equilibrium and staying there. Look at the positive side: your clan is able to have a safe foothold in Cr1. Not every clan is able to do that.

Even if all your clan mates made it to TH13, you'd have to be extremely skilled to make it way into the all TH13 leagues (which probably starts at M2 currently). So, if your clan is average skilled, high activity, you're only realistically two leagues below what you can achieve.

Btw, out of interest, would you care to give us your TH breakdowns? It should be possible from that, to estimate where your clan should be.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I feel that too. For about a year, we would bounce every month between 1st place in Gold 1 and 7th/8th in Crystal III. There were some exception months where 2 clans in our Crystal III pool would score like 15 stars total so we'd take 6th and be forced to suffer another month.

It's obviously so much more fun to destroy everyone for 7 wins (and 7 sets of winning loot) in Gold I rather than get beaten down for 30% loser loot in Crystal III. Only recently have we started placing 4th/5th in Crystal III, but it seriously took like a year for our bases and offense to be strong enough to be competitive there. We still don't stand a chance against the clans who place 1st & 2nd; they simply have too many TH13s while we have only 1 or 2. Last CWL the 1st place clan had 337 stars while we were in 4th with 233 stars.

I think some people game the system by bouncing between 2 clans: This month put your 15 active bases into one CWL where you dominate 1st place, while 15 dummy/idle bases sit in another CWL to place 8th. Next month the 15 active bases swap into the previously losing clan to dominate while the previously winning clan takes 8th with idle bases. Net result is that your 15 active bases get 7 easy wins of 100% loot every month. Hopefully SC has a octopus in place or on the way to stomp these clans.
    Personally, its more fun to be fighting to stay up. We've done the progression from crystal 2 to 1 to m3. We had a weird match in m3 a couple rounds back that kicked us back 2 crystal 1. No idea why but every clan we faced that month looked like the normal number 1 or 2 in m3. The next month back in crystal, it was a slaughter. Totally unfair to every clan we faced. Once back in m3, finished 3rd. Even 6th would have been preferable to going back to Crystal. Our 11s atthe bottom were facing 9s. Lots of 12s facing 10s. Yippee and awful for the other clans.

To the op, in leagues below Crystal 1, they do promote 2 or even 3. However, they changed it to 1 up to gate the higher leagues. I'm actually surprised you are only seeing clans with 4 to 5 13s at the top of your group. We run over 15 13s with several max or near max in m3. Doing 30v30 wars. Clans with only 4 or 5 13s would get smashed.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Rather than just having "more clans move up" I would like to see the addition of a Titan league so there isn't such a power gap between leagues. Right now, many clans find 2nd place to be the best place to be because they go 0-7 or 1-6 when they move up to the next league up.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Rather than just having "more clans move up" I would like to see the addition of a Titan league so there isn't such a power gap between leagues. Right now, many clans find 2nd place to be the best place to be because they go 0-7 or 1-6 when they move up to the next league up.
    Take a look at the second graph in this post mate:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12711564

It still is very preliminary, but I think there's reason to suggest that the defensive gaps are largest in the middle leagues. Because offensive strength can be assumed to largely follow the defensive strength (although much less reliably), we should assume the biggest offensive strength gaps to also be in the middle leagues.

Granted there probably is a gap somewhere up in Masters, but I'm wondering if it's not more appropriately labeled a 'skill' gap.