Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ever increasing building time

Trainee
    That is all with you staring at the screen too... fold in some real life and Meat still short of th13 after nearly 5 years. I encounter few folks who have played 5 years and are pleased with some [CENSORED] who started 6 weeks ago rolling up levels faster than Snoop rollin smoke... like rewards as much as the next guy but enabling folks to just float on up seems counterintuitive to those with years of hammerin under they belt... of course, they cannot expect to reduce cloud formations by promising a years long learning curve Meat guess...

stay safe n clashy my friends -Meat

18 days for Eagle 4 and Clan Castle 9

it might help to inform you th 8 defenses were 10 day upgrades originally, this was before magic items and 6 builders, or the gold pass. so sure the final th might take a while but all the subsequent ths are way shorter than a maxxer from 4 years ago. i do suspect SC inevitably does some sort of "level squish" when they feel there are too many th lvls but want to continue bringing new content.

I have read SC tries to keep build time at 2-3 (or is it 3-4.. no matter) years from induction to max..
    Dont know how true this is, but seems feasible to me..
    That being the case, then I guess those whom dont want the full upgrade times could call quits a level or 2 below max hall..
    Seems a little counter productive tho.

My guess is they look at how long players are taking to complete new content..
    Based on that data, they can set upgrade times so as to both reduce the average time spent at max, whilst also allowing others to catch up a little in between updates..
    I also think the upgrade times have been extended more because of the additions aimed at condensing that time (GP, books, hammers).

This, of course, gives the player a choice.. Either spend a little cash on GP, or spend a little less time at max state..
    Either way, it is still possible to reach max between updates, and its still possible to play catch up and eventually reach max state without spending a penny.

There is no reason to believe SC will continue extending upgrade times further with each hall simply because it is a higher hall..
    Once they hit equilibrium for the average player , the upgrade time will be at its optimum.

TL/DR.. Anyone active can max their hall.. Upgrade time simply depicts how long spent at max state.

Build time won't go beyond 18 days or players may quit. So in the future, it will still be 18 days and all lower levels upgrade time will further reduce to days/hours/min/seconds.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    Build time won't go beyond 18 days or players may quit. So in the future, it will still be 18 days and all lower levels upgrade time will further reduce to days/hours/min/seconds.
    I'm pretty sure people said similar when highest build time was 14 days - that people would quit if it went any higher.

I,m at th12 with 6 mths of upgrading to do to max th12, i sure do hope that i catch up to the newest content

At TH14, I expect longest upgrade (e.g. level 10 CC, level 5 EA, etc) will take 22 days, Heroes 10 days.

But that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
    SC will always adjust times to still keep everything reasonable as the game grows. Been done before will be done again I am sure.
    True, but lets not forget Our “play” is Their “business.” Selling gems/books/runes to monetize it is key to their VERY BIG business model.

TenCent put together a consortium (Halti S.A.) which spent $8.6 billion in 2016 to own 84% of SC. In Oct 2019 TenCent spent an additional $850 million to increase their share of Halti from 50% to 51.2%. They aren’t doing this for the F2P players! And they wouldn’t be doing it at all if they didnt think this game has a lot of profitable runway left!!
    Last edited by Gorf; December 2nd, 2020 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobservr View Post
    At TH14, I expect longest upgrade (e.g. level 10 CC, level 5 EA, etc) will take 22 days, Heroes 10 days.

But that's fine.
    I'd quit the game at that point.