Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Disappointed in Supecell decision on Hayday pop

Disappointed in Supecell decision on Hayday pop

Hi,

I must say that I am very disappointed in Supercells recent decisions. I understand that you are running a business here and if a game is not profitable enough you scrap it. And this seems to be a probable reason for discontinuing developing Hay Day pop. The genre is just too dominated by candy crush.

As a game, it was a very nice, laid back game that you could play for hours. I really enjoyed it and would have continued playing it, but it seems that now I will have to look for an alternative. ;( The latest big patch was very good and provided a smart new way to use energy and compete with your teammates.

And this seems to be trend now of killing games with Supercell. Personally this is the third time I have invested a lot of time in Supercell game and the game has been scrapped (rush wars, smash land and hay day pop).

Well, I hope you have something up your sleeve.. Something new, something awesome..

Meanwhile I will go play some WoW.. ;-)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by zeege View Post
    ...And this seems to be trend now of killing games with Supercell. Personally this is the third time I have invested a lot of time in Supercell game and the game has been scrapped (rush wars, smash land and hay day pop).

Well, I hope you have something up your sleeve.. Something new, something awesome...
    If I were to play three games in beta which were killed off, I would hope I learn that playing them is risky because Supercell has a reputation for being serial killers of their games if they think their games won't be played by many people and remembered forever.

Here's a video entitled "Quality Is Worth Killing For" which explains Supercell's history of being a serial killer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQXqqVoHr0M&t=291s

OP, I suggest you try Supercell's five live games which survived the beta test and are less likely to be killed by their game teams today or tomorrow. Please note that I'm not stating Supercell games will live forever. After all, we humans don't live forever. Valar Morghulis.

On that cheery note, I wish you luck in finding a game which entertains you.

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    November 30, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 1st, 2020 at 02:09 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    There is no place in these forums for discussion of HaydayPop.