Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Taxes in India increase the cost of goods such as Gold Pass

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    Pass is still $4.99 in US; don’t notice a change from previous months.
    That is because the US haven't changed the tax on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helper1 View Post
    To be honest the concept of keeping the price same everywhere across the globe seems veey unethical.
    Like if you see india where minimum wages in india is 178rs per day which is approximately 2 euros per day. Now gp costs around 5 euros. So somewhat if you are minimum wages your 2.5 days work.
    And if you see a country like finland where minimum wages is 27 euros per hour and gp is approx 4.99 dollars here. Thus the value isnt that much.
    I know that its not easy for supercell to get into all that and decide gp prices for all country differently.
    Many in the forums argue that gp doesnt give unfair advantage to those who buy it. But they forget that the conditions are not same for everyone.
    How is it equality for 2 players one from finland and other from india. Comparing means 27 euros per hour vs 2 euros per day. Now spending 5 euros for both is not equal.
    That is why the concept of gp is not something i am fan of.
    I love this game but still i know sc needs money but still the pricing doesnt seem fair.
    You may want to see what Scandinavian taxes and living costs are like. I don't think it is 27 per hour there, as Geneva in Switzerland recently votes to go up to 22 per hour making it the highest in Europe, it's probably the AVERAGE which is way different. Which again 22 per hour seems huge but Geneva is sickeningly expensive to live, 60% of that wage will cover rent just for a room, not even a studio apartment. For example, Burger King in Geneva train station is 18CHF /15 a standard meal.. anyone in the US or other European nations want to compare lol?

Also other nations economic and governmental failures to address poverty, especially one in particular where some family live in a frikin obsurd sky scraper (for those that don't know look up the largest home in Mumbai and the neighborhood around it), isn't the issue for a private company. You can have space shuttles, aircraft carriers and brag about it all you want... But then if the cost of that is some people are earning 2Eur a day.. well.. you need to look closer to home for a solution, not the forum of a computer game.
    Last edited by Thesuperbeast; December 1st, 2020 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannukanhashubhang View Post
    I bought at Rs. 349. You can bargain it if you are lucky.
    That's 100 rs discount, I got 60rs discount

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    Whilst I do agree with your sentiment, global inequality is something that will never change. If a company were to adjust their product prices according to a country's economy, you'd end up in a situation whereby people will find loopholes in order to circumvent their local high prices, and instead buying at the lowest rate possible.

At this point it is not about 'SC needing money' since SC cannot dictate the global economic value of someone's money: they put out a product, if you want it, you can buy it; if you want it but can't afford it, save up. If it is "too difficult to buy", then don't. It's not mandatory. Spending on games is a luxury, and as such it should be affordable to those who have the means, and less so for others who do not have the means.

If $5 is over 2 days' worth of salary, then I have to question that it's not the cost of Gold Pass being too high, it's rather the financial priorities of the person who is affected by any increases - it is still a relatively high cost before or after any tax increase. By that logic, if the Gold Pass were to be 'standardised', a Finnish Gold Pass would have to cost 432 Euros. I know I wouldn't buy it if it were that price.

At the end of the day, if you are having to hesitate between paying for a game, or forgoing other luxuries, you make that choice.
    Your last paragraph exactly defines what the worth of money spent on go in india and finland.
    If the gp was 432 euros considering the flat rates comparison from india. Then i would love to see the reaction between who advocate thats its not costly and all.
    Though i agree its not sc fault but i just wanted to give a different perspective to those on the forums who keep ranting that its not too much.
    If anyone from finland is ready to lay 432 euros for gp or anyone from usa ready to pay 200 usd( 10 usd per hours for 20 hours) then they have all right to say that its not too much for an indian to pay 5 euros or 449rs for gp.
    Think from this perspective before saying that an indian is a beggar or they want everything for free( though no one has said this in this question but i have seen many forum members using these words for indians).

Good thing that you don't have to buy pass or anything else in this game if it seems to be too expensive.

And if you see a country like finland where minimum wages is 27 euros per hour
    I would say that at least this number in your calculations isn't correct.

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    If a government changes tax rates, Apple may or may not adjust it's prices in response to that; Google & others tend to follow Apple's lead. However, saying that a government has any direct control, over app store prices, is not correct.
    All of these companies have to follow the government rules and guidelines. And if the government restricts on something and make some changes both Apple & google have to follow accordingly. Every country has its own rules and regulations about the same and that might vary with your country.
    Last edited by Shivank380; December 1st, 2020 at 09:15 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lyskamm View Post
    Actually RS 449 is quite cheap compared to what you pay in other Countries: it equals to only € 3.95. If you buy it in Europe you will pay it €5.49
    Then you must also compare it with minimum wages in those countries. Its 2 euros per day in india and in england its 8 euros per hour.
    Now compare from that perspective and say its not that much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    You may want to see what Scandinavian taxes and living costs are like. I don't think it is 27 per hour there, as Geneva in Switzerland recently votes to go up to 22 per hour making it the highest in Europe, it's probably the AVERAGE which is way different. Which again 22 per hour seems huge but Geneva is sickeningly expensive to live, 60% of that wage will cover rent just for a room, not even a studio apartment. For example, Burger King in Geneva train station is 18CHF /15 a standard meal.. anyone in the US or other European nations want to compare lol?

Also other nations economic and governmental failures to address poverty, especially one in particular where some family live in a frikin obsurd sky scraper (for those that don't know look up the largest home in Mumbai and the neighborhood around it), isn't the issue for a private company. You can have space shuttles, aircraft carriers and brag about it all you want... But then if the cost of that is some people are earning 2Eur a day.. well.. you need to look closer to home for a solution, not the forum of a computer game.
    Yes i agree with you.
    But that answer was related to someone who said that 449 is not much for indians to pay.
    I just wanted to show that perspective too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RaBBjt View Post
    Good thing that you don't have to buy pass or anything else in this game if it seems to be too expensive.

I would say that at least this number in your calculations isn't correct.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...udZnUPOIWbyHzO
    I dont know exactly but google says so.
    I know google is not correct always but still it is very high compared to india 2 euros per day

Yes i agree with you.
    But that answer was related to someone who said that 449 is not much for indians to pay.
    I just wanted to show that perspective too.
    I agree with that as well.
    However, Supercell cannot price discriminate, in the EU all trade must be equal and fair, you cannot dump prices to suit a local market and make an equivalent option in your local or other markets at a higher cost. This is under competition rules, car manufacturers for instance get around this by making cars with slightly different specs and lesser options, Brazil is a prime example where Renault STILL produce a Clip model for them which ceased to be on sale in Europe in 2005 (MK3 facelift).
    Whilst it is sad that people are priced out, it isn't something that SC are doing proactively, I'm sure that any business with half a brain would sell the GP in India for 0.50 each and sell 10x as many, same overall income but the net result should be 10x more people playing, and therefore market to buy other items in game. But it isn't a logic that all business can or allowed to do.