Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: End Clan Wars Early by Mutual Agreement

End Clan Wars Early by Mutual Agreement

Not too often, but enough times that it's annoying, we end up waiting for hours for a clan war to end when both clans have used up all of their useful attacks.
    My suggestion is for a clan to be able to set a flag indicating that they are ready for the war to end. If both clans set this flag, the war ends and both clans would be free to start new wars. This flag would not be available in Clan War League. Setting the flag would not prohibit members from attacking so if low level bases still had attacks left they could use them until the war ended.
    Apologies if this has been suggested before, I couldn't find a similar suggestion.
    Last edited by LowerThanLo; November 30th, 2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowerThanLo View Post
    My suggestion is for a clan to be able to set a flag indicating that they are ready for the war to end. If both clans set this flag, the war ends.....
    Apologies if this has been suggested before, I couldn't find a similar suggestion.
    Has been proposed and discussed many times in the past.

If they allowed wars to end early, then expect a "cooldown" forcing clans to wait before the next war search to end up with the same exact results we have today as per war frequency allowed.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    It's been suggested before, and I think it's highly unlikely to be added. Clans can only declare a war once every 2-days. It wouldn't be fair to allow clans to farm dozens of a wars in a week's time when all other clans have abided by the two-day schedule for the past 6 years.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 749 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Has been proposed and discussed many times in the past.

If they allowed wars to end early, then expect a "cooldown" forcing clans to wait before the next war search to end up with the same exact results we have today as per war frequency allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    It's been suggested before, and I think it's highly unlikely to be added. Clans can only declare a war once every 2-days. It wouldn't be fair to allow clans to farm dozens of a wars in a week's time when all other clans have abided by the two-day schedule for the past 6 years.
    Exactly. This proposal would be abused by clans to farm extra war loot by ending early and starting immediately again (FWA for example), and could also have the negative impact on lower bases who you do not consider "useful" attacks, but they might want to do their attacks for their profile war stars, and war loot bonus.

No no no. Im better off leaving that stuff to the system, I got a couple of guys currently who are desperate of blood, the current war system keeps them at bay and leaving me quite relaxed, I dont want them bombarding me with messages asking to start one after the other immediately.

I dont mind the economical issue, Im more concerned on clan management issues this idea would give me.
    Last edited by maximooze007; December 1st, 2020 at 12:21 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    I like the idea of having the potential to reduce the overall 2 day war time.

I don't understand how clans could get dozens of wars if you're only allowing a mutual agreement to end war on "war day." Prep day is 23 hours, so the best case scenario for clans who purposely match each other would be 1 war in 1 day. That's not a dozen wars in a weeks time. If both clans agree to end the war, why not give that option? It would put more clans searching for war at a given time causing shorter search times and closer weighted matches. If we are worried about lower THs and their attacks, then make the feature accessible only when both clans use all their attacks.

I posted something like this similar a few weeks ago. If it has been already discussed and ruled out, can we get it added to the sticky notes?

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Khris18 View Post
    I like the idea of having the potential to reduce the overall 2 day war time.

I don't understand how clans could get dozens of wars if you're only allowing a mutual agreement to end war on "war day." Prep day is 23 hours, so the best case scenario for clans who purposely match each other would be 1 war in 1 day. That's not a dozen wars in a weeks time. If both clans agree to end the war, why not give that option? It would put more clans searching for war at a given time causing shorter search times and closer weighted matches. If we are worried about lower THs and their attacks, then make the feature accessible only when both clans use all their attacks.

I posted something like this similar a few weeks ago. If it has been already discussed and ruled out, can we get it added to the sticky notes?
    It hasn't been ruled out.

But if SC were to introduce it, they would not reduce the time between wars. It might not allow "dozens" of wars, but it would allow clans to run nearly twice as many as they do now, thus disrupting the game economy and letting clans increase XP too fast.

The issue is, it becomes a bit of a slippery slope.

First we start with the wars being ended when both sides agree. As soon as that happens then people start pushing for prep day to be reduced to when both sides are ready, now with both of those things reduced, we see people exploiting it for increased war stars, loot, xp, etc.

The other piece is that there is a threat of burnout if too many wars are done too frequently, while it might seem fun at first, it often doesn't take long until it becomes a chore and it causes people to lose interest in the game altogether.

Finally the negative pressures that would come from people wanting their clans to end wars early when they feel the outcome is decided, or the imagine the frustration if you put up your flag signaling the end of the war only to have the other clan not put up theirs forcing you to have to wait it out. This will lead to all kinds of negative outcomes both with interactions between clans and within the clans structure itself.

Sorry to say, but I don't see any positives to this idea, only negatives from my perspective.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime