Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Quality of Life Change..Troop Deployment Bar

Quality of Life Change..Troop Deployment Bar

BIG Fan of the game for many years....

Wouldn’t it be great if the Troop Bar shrank after all the like troops are deploy? The bar would ONLY show what’s left to deploy...
    OR allow us to stack the troops in the order we intend to deploy...

How many times have you missed dropping a troop because it was off screen. I never liked the stacked option either..

Similar to the Base Edit Mode..the bar shrinks as you use the buildings..etc..

Hmmm thinking out loud now.. Maybe the order you train troops will be the order it shows up on the troop deployment bar!! Now THAT would be great!

The point is..the bar is a common problem among the community..lots of miss clicks and scrolling left and right..

Thanks SC for listing to us!
    Last edited by CactusClan; November 30th, 2020 at 03:37 AM.
    Maxed out TH13! #2PQ89PQ82

Centennial Club
    Yes, please!

Either showing only the troops available to be deployed, or stacking all the available troops on the far left side and still showing greyed out unavailable troops on the right. Either way would seriously help for people playing on phones instead of giant tablets

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusClan View Post
    BIG Fan of the game for many years....

Wouldn’t it be great if the Troop Bar shrank after all the like troops are deploy? The bar would ONLY show what’s left to deploy...
    OR allow us to stack the troops in the order we intend to deploy...

How many times have you missed dropping a troop because it was off screen. I never liked the stacked option either..

Similar to the Base Edit Mode..the bar shrinks as you use the buildings..etc..

Thanks SC for listing to us!
    It is exceedingly unlikely this will happen, because unfortunately, it just doesn't work in practice. AIUI, the developers did try it before deciding on the multi line option, but discarded it as soon as they started play testing.

They found that it resulted in far too many misclicks as troops you were aiming to click on moved.

It could be done, and as long as it was optional, I would have no objection. But it would be significant code for something that almost everybody would turn off, which is why I think it unlikely.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is exceedingly unlikely this will happen, because unfortunately, it just doesn't work in practice. AIUI, the developers did try it before deciding on the multi line option, but discarded it as soon as they started play testing.

They found that it resulted in far too many misclicks as troops you were aiming to click on moved.

It could be done, and as long as it was optional, I would have no objection. But it would be significant code for something that almost everybody would turn off, which is why I think it unlikely.
    Completely logical. 100% predictable. Did they really have to test?

SHRINK THE BUTTONS. Front the start.

we are placing troops at the tile level, we donít need 49 tile sized troop selection tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Thanks for the input. I guess I could see how the miss-clicks might happen if the tool bar shrank... However, I think its an option that would be well received IMHO.

My second recommendation might be easier to code possibly? Allow the players to arrange our Troops in a specific order...no miss-clicks then for sure! For Example if I was going to do a Queen charge, I might arrange it by starting with AQ far left, Loon next, Healers next, etc, etc..

Hmmm thinking out loud..Maybe even the order you train troops will be the order it shows up on the troop deployment bar!!
    Last edited by CactusClan; November 30th, 2020 at 03:42 AM.
    Maxed out TH13! #2PQ89PQ82