Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So who is going to win world championship 2020

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    I hated the commentators too. They really don't understand the game much. Just keep screaming and screaming. It’s just horrible.
    I found the analysis from Judo and Carbonfinn to be pretty good (Carbonfinn is especially good with lalo). Sort of like my position on game balance, I don't think the analysis should be based on the most elite players/spectators. For someone like me, their tips and discussions were helpful. That screaming though...

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  2. #52
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    114
    Some different opinions but it seems that one things almost everyone can agree on is less screaming...

    sc please feedback to your commentators, everyone appreciate less screaming
    Last edited by Alextzh; December 1st, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

  3. #53
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    Some different opinions but it seems that one things almost everyone can agree on is less screaming...

    sc please feedback to your commentators, everyone appreciate less screaming
    Lol. Yes please. Other than that, as a first time watcher I quite enjoyed it. However, if I heard one more Klingon vengeance quote, I was going to start screaming.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4. #54
    Millennial Club PrincessKeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I do use headphones, but I was very close to muting it last night. Woody and his over-exitement is just not to my taste at all. I know they are trying to build the hype, but it has the opposite effect on me.
    He can get loud but I do like watching him. My whole family would run in (even the hubs) when they heard him to see what was happening in the game. Then they all would sit down at the dining table and watch for a while. If you can get my hubs in to watch a video game steam then to actually cheer for someone, you have talent.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    He can get loud but I do like watching him. My whole family would run in (even the hubs) when they heard him to see what was happening in the game. Then they all would sit down at the dining table and watch for a while. If you can get my hubs in to watch a video game steam then to actually cheer for someone, you have talent.
    And they all stayed and watched for hours of that same screaming on almost every attack? My comments above weren't directed to getting excited when there are 5 seconds to go on the last attack to win a war. I'm talking about every attack, over and over, screaming and yelling with absurd figures of speech from both pairs of commentators. If we were talking about one clip that was 3 minutes long, but opinion would be different. I couldn't listen to it for very long and that is too bad because I did want to hear the analysis by Judo and Carbon.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  6. #56
    Millennial Club shepherdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,421
    I watched the replay on YouTube and I didn’t find the casters annoying, in fact I found the opposite. It was kind of fun hearing them get all super excited like it was a last second Hail Mary pass in the super bowl or something.

    The last attack by Vale was particular fun to hear IMO - especially the ending where the casters almost had a heart attack from excitement LOL. I didn’t have the volume turned up super loud, so it wasn’t grating, just exciting.

    Or perhaps I have a higher than average tolerance for loud noise from years of my loud family. :-)

  7. #57
    Millennial Club PrincessKeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    And they all stayed and watched for hours of that same screaming on almost every attack? My comments above weren't directed to getting excited when there are 5 seconds to go on the last attack to win a war. I'm talking about every attack, over and over, screaming and yelling with absurd figures of speech from both pairs of commentators. If we were talking about one clip that was 3 minutes long, but opinion would be different. I couldn't listen to it for very long and that is too bad because I did want to hear the analysis by Judo and Carbon.
    They did stay and watch for several hours over all. I actually found it quite calm compared to some of the past events. No worse than a good football game.

  8. #58
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    They did stay and watch for several hours over all. I actually found it quite calm compared to some of the past events. No worse than a good football game.
    .... I have never heard a pro sports commentator scream so much ever... are you comparing fans to commentators? They are totally different things

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    They did stay and watch for several hours over all. I actually found it quite calm compared to some of the past events. No worse than a good football game.
    Well, like I said earlier, perhaps I'm not the target audience. There is no way anyone in my family would have tolerated it for more than a few minutes. Also, I have watched a lot of professional sports in my life and never have I heard non-stop screaming for hours. For a few seconds on an exciting play every now and then? Sure, but that is much different. Take a football/soccer game, for instance. There might be 30 minutes of calm commentary, even some silence, a little chatter and then 10 seconds of yelling when a goal happens or almost happens. That is not the same as continuing to scream about every pass and comparing every move to some extreme figure of speech over and over. Both sets of casters did it the same way and I've seen it before, so I can only assume SC has told them to act this way and/or encouraged it by continuing to select them for the events. So, I don't blame the individuals. I'd yell like that too if it is what got me the job.
    Last edited by 2222; December 3rd, 2020 at 02:57 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  10. #60
    Imagine Woody commenting a golf competition.
    Your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS
    ===>More info on the official thread<===

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •