Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So who is going to win world championship 2020

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    I'd suggest using earphones next time; it'll help your family to have undisturbed sleep. I've tried it too, it works. Just....not friendly for the ears, thanks to the unnecessary yellings
    Headphones to direct damage to ears 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I was cheering for QueeN Walkers, so I'm happy they made it to the finals. But ATN.Attax pretty much crushed them in the second round of attacks. So congrats to them, it was a victory well earned.
    Queen walkers attacks were certainly more entertaining... especially Klaus. He was my MVP for the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Zed85 View Post
    Queen walkers attacks were certainly more entertaining... especially Klaus. He was my MVP for the weekend!
    Klaus is a legend no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I do use headphones, but I was very close to muting it last night. Woody and his over-exitement is just not to my taste at all. I know they are trying to build the hype, but it has the opposite effect on me.
    I totally agree on this, either I use headphones or have the volume low.

I think they try to do the system of one expert and one announcer or “play-by-play” person, which is very common for professional sports broadcasts (in the USA anyway). However, the play-by-play people here need to remember two things in my opinion. First, it isn’t a radio broadcast. We are watching it happen, so there is no need to loudly tell us exactly what is happening, we are watching it. I would suggest listening to the difference between a radio broadcast of a professional sports game and compare it to the TV broadcast of the same game to see the difference. We don’t need a picture painted for us because we can see it. Second, remember it is hours long, so constantly yelling and repeatedly using figures of speech over and over is a turn off. Again, it’s a video, so we don’t need constant talk/yelling. Less can be more.

All that said, they all did better than I’d do I’m sure.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I watched the entire thing (final) casted on a big tv, for the first time in 5-6 years since i started playing.

It was a better, more pleasant experience compared to a watch on tablet, or phone, or on my pc to stream.

This is maybe because lately im improving at this game more and getting closer as skill towards players like the ones being in the finals. Its a big thing to say that, but im aware im not there yet. But the difference between them and someone like me its so small that its almost invisible. Yet... that difference is actually huge and its probably an extra 2 years of play for someone like me. Just as a side note, maybe to make people understand me better, from my view. I usually finish the Legend League around 5600-5700 trophy. That means there are like 1.5 toward 2% players ahead of me from the ones in LL. Cant say exactly since i dont have exact data at my view.

Ive said the above because:

Commentators. Judo sloth and most of them all are good at talking for the masses, but if you are an experienced/veteran player they are talking non-sense most of the time.
    For SuperCell: consider inviting pro players in the comentator area. Some people like me are finding funny hearing things "clan castle is going down, what a move ! Amazing gameplay from..."
    Really ? Unless im new to the game, i find that commentary unusefull and a killer in an event like the world finals. In some attack there was a fail funnel but no one talked about it. Just saying a pro player can see things different. Someone like Judo Sloth is good at talking for hours but he cant see certain things the way some do, because he is not used on being at high trophies or doing wars at the levels of champion leagues. Available for all other commentators involved in the finals.

Attacks:
    Im not sure about overall percentage of attack types used, but it seemed to me zap lalo was to much for my eyes. Not talking about nerfs or anything like that. But it made me a bit sad seeing such a small diversity in attacks. Probably 75% of attacks were zap lalo, it made the final not so interesting. Wish we could of see more Electro, or witches, or anything different. Barely anything else...
    Im not sure about percentage of attacks, but just the way it looked to me zap lalo was like 75-80 % of all attacks.

In the end, i liked the finals. Im a fan of queen walkers but being an european atn attax has its place in my heart also. Atn attax was a bit more consistent also, and my opinion is that queen walkers had stronger bases but it turned the way it turned out in the end.

Overall, a good final l,enjoyable.
    Sorry for the long post but wanted to express myself.
    Last edited by dpgza; November 30th, 2020 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    ....But it made me a bit sad seeing such a small diversity in attacks. Probably 75% of attacks were zap lalo, it made the final not so interesting. Wish we could of see more Electro, or witches, or anything different. Barely anything else...
    Im not sure about percentage of attacks, but just the way it looked to me zap lalo was like 75-80 % of all attacks.
    Zap lalo was definitely very popular. I don't know the percentages either, but I'm sure it was the most common basic strategy. However, one of the reasons th13 has a higher 3 star percentage than other prior max halls is that there actually are many more viable 3 star strategies. I saw hybrid, dragons, edragons, yeti/pekka smash, superwitch, etc. Like you, I think lalo stood out as the most common attack, but I don't think we've ever had a max hall in the past with so many offensive strategies that can work depending on the base design. Perhaps that is also why I'm finding th13 to be a more fun max hall than the prior ones.

I also find it more fun to watch because there is variety and there are more 3 stars. I find getting or not getting that 3rd star to be more exciting than fighting over %. I wonder if the change to allowing us to use two supertroops and the regular troop at the same time will bring some other offensive combinations in line with the power of lalo?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Ive said the above because:

Commentators. Judo sloth and most of them all are good at talking for the masses, but if you are an experienced/veteran player they are talking non-sense most of the time.
    For SuperCell: consider inviting pro players in the comentator area. Some people like me are finding funny hearing things "clan castle is going down, what a move ! Amazing gameplay from..."
    Really ? Unless im new to the game, i find that commentary unusefull and a killer in an event like the world finals. In some attack there was a fail funnel but no one talked about it. Just saying a pro player can see things different. Someone like Judo Sloth is good at talking for hours but he cant see certain things the way some do, because he is not used on being at high trophies or doing wars at the levels of champion leagues. Available for all other commentators involved in the finals.
    Well I find Judo and Carbon much better then other commentators(even Bash is also good).They both are content creators and actively play the game,also Carbon's planning skills are very much like pro.I will recommend you to just check there youtube channel.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; November 30th, 2020 at 09:11 PM.

I hated the commentators too. They really don't understand the game much. Just keep screaming and screaming. It’s just horrible.
    I find Lexnos is the most useful commentator among the various youtubers I have watched. He is actually very sharp and reacts very fast.
    Last edited by Alextzh; December 1st, 2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    I hated the commentators too. They really don't understand the game much. Just keep screaming and screaming. It’s just horrible.
    I find Lexnos is the most useful commentator among the various youtubers I have watched. He is actually very sharp and reacts very fast.
    Thats because Lexnos is not set on making a big thing out of nothing just to make the video look awesome. He actually thinks at what are the attackers trying to do, in relation with the army.

He is also a better player as far as i can see, thats why he can talk about things that actually matter. Like getting an air sweeper because attacker is on air. Instead, other commentators shout to viewers things like Queen taking down the King when thats not the purpose of the attacker move at all.

And a lot of situation like that.
    And of course the yelling...