Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Number of Chics Outside The Baby Chic House

Number of Chics Outside The Baby Chic House

This may be a silly question, but why do farms have a different number of chics outside their houses?

I have three farms. My main shows four chics, my middle farm two and my mini has three. One of my friends doesn't have any. Did some take off down the road?

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Hi Tahoe
    I wondered that myself initially, until I realised that I hadn’t collected all my chicks from the road. As I progressed down the road, only the chicks sitting on the free side of the road caught a balloon and landed onto my farm. When I completed the pass, I went and collected all the paid side gifts but did not collect the 3 baby chicks on that side. after awhile, I went back to the road and saw the chicks sitting there, I clicked on one and he was then able to be collected by the balloon, and then did this for the other 2. Yay, I then had all 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bella4hayday View Post
    Hi Tahoe
    I wondered that myself initially, until I realised that I hadn’t collected all my chicks from the road. As I progressed down the road, only the chicks sitting on the free side of the road caught a balloon and landed onto my farm. When I completed the pass, I went and collected all the paid side gifts but did not collect the 3 baby chicks on that side. after awhile, I went back to the road and saw the chicks sitting there, I clicked on one and he was then able to be collected by the balloon, and then did this for the other 2. Yay, I then had all 5
    Hi Bella,
    Thanks, I wasn't really paying much attention to them on the road other than when a gift was available. I recalled some did the balloon thing, but didn't know we had to tap on them to get them on our farms (now I'm wondering how I got four, lol). Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Tahoe; November 28th, 2020 at 05:55 AM.

Centennial Club
    i did not know that we can collect these cute chicks too!Thanks for the info. Same like you Tahoe, I have 4 too! They are now my new favourite pet

Quote Originally Posted by purpleclove View Post
    i did not know that we can collect these cute chicks too!Thanks for the info. Same like you Tahoe, I have 4 too! They are now my new favourite pet
    Lol, just be prepared that they'll run away when the next season starts! I just re-watched Camilla's video (Dairy News) on this but she just says "reaching" the chics bring them on your farm (hence my confusion).

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I'm concerned the presence of chicks will attract foxes to prey on them. When the chicks are gone, the foxes will be tempted by my live stock.

I must install electric fences on my animal pens to deter fox incursion.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm concerned the presence of chicks will attract foxes to prey on them. When the chicks are gone, the foxes will be tempted by my live stock.

You're absolutely right to be so cautious, Lynn.

Every few days one of my home security cameras is triggered in the early hours. Reviewing the footage shows our local fox standing on top of my (real) chickens' house, looking for a way in!

The girls are always very carefully locked in each night, so he's out of luck.

Hay Day level 196 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post

LOL, this is hilarious! Now that you remind me, you are right we have foxes running around! I hope they don't swallow my chicks. i love the foxes too! ��

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I didn’t know we had to collect the chicks, either, but ok.

My foxes have never tried to get to get to my livestock, so I’m not too worried, lol. But I can see LynnK’s suggestion—next update: new fencing—electric, lol.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Hey guys! Did you know crows prey on little chicks too? We have a crow flying over our farms every time we log into HayDay! Electric fences will not protect our chickens!

I live in a suburb of San Diego, California. My neighbor recently purchased three little chicks to keep her 5-year-old daughter company. As an only child, the Covid restrictions keeping her home every day placed a lot of stress on her.

We have a lot of coyotes roaming the neighborhood at night, and I have heard from friends that they broke into the hen house and eventually ate all 12 of their grown hens.

Anyway, there is a flock of black crows who visit our neighborhood every day and they wait in the trees to snatch up the baby chicks. My neighbor moved the baby chicks into the garage every night, but they were let out in the backyard during the day. While they were out, my neighbor had to stay with them with a watchful eye.

FYI, my neighbor doesn't have any problems anymore.....one of the chicks turned out to be a rooster(!!) and other neighbors complained to the Homeowner Association about the crowing, so she had to get rid of all her chickens! The little girl was so sad!