Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Number of Chics Outside The Baby Chic House

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Hey guys! Did you know crows prey on little chicks too? We have a crow flying over our farms every time we log into HayDay! Electric fences will not protect our chickens!

I live in a suburb of San Diego, California. My neighbor recently purchased three little chicks to keep her 5-year-old daughter company. As an only child, the Covid restrictions keeping her home every day placed a lot of stress on her.

We have a lot of coyotes roaming the neighborhood at night, and I have heard from friends that they broke into the hen house and eventually ate all 12 of their grown hens.

Anyway, there is a flock of black crows who visit our neighborhood every day and they wait in the trees to snatch up the baby chicks. My neighbor moved the baby chicks into the garage every night, but they were let out in the backyard during the day. While they were out, my neighbor had to stay with them with a watchful eye.

FYI, my neighbor doesn't have any problems anymore.....one of the chicks turned out to be a rooster(!!) and other neighbors complained to the Homeowner Association about the crowing, so she had to get rid of all her chickens! The little girl was so sad!
    Well now I don't feel so bad about accidentally plucking them!

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11980778
    (This is an old thread for laughs, please don't necro it )

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    Hey guys! Did you know crows prey on little chicks too? We have a crow flying over our farms every time we log into HayDay! Electric fences will not protect our chickens!

I live in a suburb of San Diego, California. My neighbor recently purchased three little chicks to keep her 5-year-old daughter company. As an only child, the Covid restrictions keeping her home every day placed a lot of stress on her.

We have a lot of coyotes roaming the neighborhood at night, and I have heard from friends that they broke into the hen house and eventually ate all 12 of their grown hens.

Anyway, there is a flock of black crows who visit our neighborhood every day and they wait in the trees to snatch up the baby chicks. My neighbor moved the baby chicks into the garage every night, but they were let out in the backyard during the day. While they were out, my neighbor had to stay with them with a watchful eye.

FYI, my neighbor doesn't have any problems anymore.....one of the chicks turned out to be a rooster(!!) and other neighbors complained to the Homeowner Association about the crowing, so she had to get rid of all her chickens! The little girl was so sad!

I would be sad too when my chicks are gone (Tahoe had just warned that they might run away when the new season starts).

Quote Originally Posted by purpleclove View Post
    I would be sad too when my chicks are gone (Tahoe had just warned that they might run away when the new season starts).
    That was according to Camilla, but after they leave, you just re-catch them again!

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!