Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: GP gem values

GP gem values

Could someone explain to me why it costs 500 gems in the global trade for a book of heroes but when you redeem them in GP, you only get 50. It just seems wrong
    Always learning - always listening
    Clash Name : OKanagan #YCQRG92GY
    Clash Clan : Canadian #YV9JP0Q8

Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    Could someone explain to me why it costs 500 gems in the global trade for a book of heroes but when you redeem them in GP, you only get 50. It just seems wrong
    SC doesn’t need your book.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Wait until u see the price of runes which are 1 500 gems or 3 000 gems, but u sell them for only 50 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    SC doesn’t need your book.
    At least it’s an answer.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Basically, Supercell don't want you to sell items, they want you to use them. So they make the selling price low enough that most people will only sell when they cannot store any more or currently use one.

Incidentally, the other books are more expensive in the trader, but still only sell for 50 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Basically, Supercell don't want you to sell items, they want you to use them. So they make the selling price low enough that most people will only sell when they cannot store any more or currently use one.

Incidentally, the other books are more expensive in the trader, but still only sell for 50 gems.
    Thank you for the response. I’m at that stage where it almost feels like purgatory (everything upgraded except for 25 walls in TH12) and the new statue came out paired with a book of heroes and something else. Good buy, I like the statues. I have books of heroes in GP. Dang it all. Can’t use them currently. Just a little frustrating. One of the little idiosyncrasies of the game I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Yep, this, and no one really should buy a book then sell it back. Instead, they are just taking 50 gems rather than the free book they earned in game, not one they paid for.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Youíll never get the same value back otherwise itís free gem storage and interchangeable to sell for whatever book you actually want. Itís the same for any magic item - the gems you get for selling is a fraction of the cost to buy them

This reminds me of something, Supercell will not give you real money if you want to trade them gems

Quote Originally Posted by rusherford View Post
    This reminds me of something, Supercell will not give you real money if you want to trade them gems
    That would be great for my wallet because I have accumulated a stack of over 50k free gems on multiple accounts lol. Play a game AND make real money for the masses? If only it were so